Pre Heroic paladin Gear

I am almost 80 on my paladin (75) and I want to know whats the best gear to start doing heroics in. Like, what gear should I grab so I can be ready to do heroics.. =) Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pre Heroic paladin Gear

Quote Originally Posted by animeguru08
    I am almost 80 on my paladin (75) and I want to know whats the best gear to start doing heroics in. Like, what gear should I grab so I can be ready to do heroics.. =) Thanks in advance.
    Which spec?

oops forgot to mention Prot.. Sorry. >.<;;

10+ Year Old Account

Prots are one of the more gear-dependant specs.

I suggest you buy the blue BS-made gear from the AH first if you're not a BS or high enough to make them. They're the "Daunting" armor set.

Also get yourself a good shield and accessories. There are some nice faction tanking stuff you can buy if you do some research.

I suggest you start off with the easy heroics first like H VH, H Nex, H UK, H Drak, H CoT is easy if you're not in a hurry to get the drake.

Don't bother doing H HoL H HoS H Occ, H ToC, H UP until you get some decent (first tier epics would be nice) gear.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i'd suggest you to go for dps first, its the most less gear dependant role for HCs imo.

Go to all the rep vendors and familiarize yourself with the tanking gear you can buy. One of them sells a nice cloak at 78, there's a chest from the Tuskars at 76.. get one of the weapons from Zuldrak, run normal VH for the Riot Shield, get the BS crafted shit with TONS of defense... if you can, level jewelcrafting to 400, because Ruby Hare and Monarch Crab are two of the best blue tanking trinkets available(monarch crab is so amazing its not even funny)

The best advice i can give you is to finish entire quest lines and do the ending group quests, the blues are usually worth it. One of the larger Zul'Drak quest chains gives you a really nice neck with a socket, the Hodir quest openers give decent gear too.. get the shoulders from the nexus quest from like 72, those are super good...