Thread: Macro

Macro

Hello dont know if this is the right place to put this in but i gave it a try, anyone knows a macro that target my mate in arena cast PW:shield(reset after 14sec), penance(reset after 8sec) and flash heal.

Re: Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Erra
    Hello dont know if this is the right place to put this in but i gave it a try, anyone knows a macro that target my mate in arena cast PW:shield(reset after 14sec), penance(reset after 8sec) and flash heal.
    Cast sequence macros are broken, at least as far as I can tell. I think they got annoyed by the fact BM hunters can watch tv, check EB, and still top dps meters by scrolling a mousewheel all through TBC.
    Besides, how hard is it to get 3 hotkeys for those?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, if you want those spells to auto target your friend you need to make a macro that looks like this

/target (put your friends name here with no perenticies )
    /cast (shift+click the spell you want to cast)

It would like somthing like:

/target Trognar
    /cast Flash of Light
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I'd argue playing with such a macro would severly limit your ability... just because penance is off CD doesn't mean you want to prioritise it to the point that you must use it... if a flash heal would do the job then you should probably use that and penance the severe burst. You don't want to cast PW:S on a target while a mage is spellstealing either...

Bind the 3 abilities and make concious decisions about what and when you use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I'd argue playing with such a macro would severly limit your ability... just because penance is off CD doesn't mean you want to prioritise it to the point that you must use it... if a flash heal would do the job then you should probably use that and penance the severe burst. You don't want to cast PW:S on a target while a mage is spellstealing either...

Bind the 3 abilities and make conscious decisions about what and when you use them.
    I was going to tell you that you shouldn't use a macro like this because it's not the best way to use those spells really. I don't have to go into any detail because Worshaka pretty much summed it up.

I don't think cast sequence macros are broken, you just have to hit the key multiple times. Another thing is you can't have multiple "resets" in a macro I'm pretty sure. Resets also can't account for cooldowns in this situation since it resets the macro from the last time the macro was used, not since the first spell was cast.

Choose the "?" icon also for the macro and it will show the icon for whatever spell the macro is up to.

/target <friends name>
    /castsequence reset=14 Power Word: Shield, Penance, Flash Heal;

This will target your buddy, when you first click it it will cast PW:S, second click will cast Penance, and the 3rd click will cast Flash Heal. If you ever go 14 seconds without clicking the macro (NOT 14 seconds from PW:S, but ANY of the 3) it will revert back to PW:S. SO technically that only really accounts for the Weakened Soul cooldown when it's up to the second spell in the macro, because after you use Penance, it will go back to PW:S again in 14 seconds instead of to Flash Heal and Weakened Soul will already be off your buddy by time that happens.

In other words, what you want doesn't work.

This really doesn't do exactly what you want, in fact it's not even close, but what you are asking isn't possible and it's also not even close to a good idea on how to use these spells. Just make the 3 hotkeys and make decisions as they happen.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

You can't do the castsequence macro as you request, it just isn't possible because castsequence resets after the last use, not after it was started. It was specifically designed this way to prevent these sorts of macros because, as mentioned above, they were abused in the past. Besides, as also mentioned above, you'd end up limiting yourself if you throw something like Penance in a sequence between it may come up at a time when it isn't the best spell to be casting.

I would, however, suggest that if you want to have hotkeys for your partner that you avoid the /target macros and instead use something like this:

/cast [target=<Partner's Name>] Flash Heal

Using that, you can keep your current target and still heal your partner which would be nice if you have an opponent targetted and don't want to lose it.

/castsequence reset=(?? not sure how to do it with time but i'll try to figure it out when i get home) [target=partner] PW:shield, Penance, Flash heal

i think it would look something like that not sure though... wish i had a priest to figure it out ]= sorry
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Incase anyone interested missed it, read Glowyrm's post and say thank you for taking the time to break it down! What you should do is learn when to use what spell and not expect a macro to do all the work... though Worshaka explained that much better than I did.