Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Level 90 paladin talent ideas

Just some ideas I have floating around in my head. I play prot and ret, so my holy idea might not be too good, but w/e.

Prot
    Encouraging Words
    Instant Cast
    20% base mana cost
    6 Minute cooldown

The Paladin encourages his allies, increasing mana regeneration by 100% for 20 seconds. Cannot be used while under the effects of Exhaustion.

It seems to me that Protadins don't really have much we need, aside from an instant exorcism (which would be a 2 or 3 point talent). This gives Protadins a way to give back to those wonderful healers. And could someone figure out a better name? Encouraging words sound a bit lame, but it's 2AM here so that's the best I got for now.
    The exhaustion thing makes it so that you cant just unload without fear of running out of mana. This is more of a mid fight refresher.

Holy
    Healcano (temporary name, born out of my first thoughts upon seeing beacon of light in beta, someone please come up with something better)
    30% base mana
    10 minute cooldown
    Your heals to the beacon of light now transfer 50% of the amount healed to all others affected by Beacon of light. Lasts 10 seconds.

Alternatively, passive, but only heals for 25%.

I don't play a healadin, so this is probably either under or overpowered, but it seems like a good way to give paladins a way to group heal when they need to. Also, beacon of light's duration would be increased. Having to put it on every minute just seems like a pain in the ass.

Ret
    Bloody Vengeance
    10% base mana cost
    10 second cooldown
    The paladin goes for the enemy's throat, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell of the same school from being cast for x seconds, where x is the number of stacks of blood corruption/holy vengeance on the target. This attack also consumes any stacks of blood corruption/holy vengeance on the target.

The whole X number thing needs to be reworded, but other than that it seems good. Originally was going to be Blood Strike/Vengeance Strike, but this just seemed cooler and sounds like the kind of move i was going for.

For the longest time I've thought that ret paladins should get some sort of interrupt. Warriors have pummel, Shammies have wind shear, mages have counterspell, death knights have mind freeze, hunters/priests have silence if they specced for it (though no one ever seems to:P) etc etc. It seems unfair that our only interrupts are stuns with 1 minute cooldowns. Also, crusader strike and divine storm will now proc SoB/SoV, so we don't have so much ramp up time. Lastly, since I absolutely hate what they've done to SoC, i'm gonna give it back its old functionality. Since SoB/SoV is now useful in PvP and PvE (im leaving the damage boost in), i figure i can do the same for SoC by making it also making it auto crit when art of war is up, but consume AoW. Think about it. Whenever exorcism is on cooldown, just judge command. Finally, to keep that from being utterly overpowered, I'll also make AoW only proc off judgement, DS, and CS crits.

Feel free to comment and point out errors, but keep in mind that it's 2 in the bloody morning. Good Night.

Re: Level 90 paladin talent ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Pognut
    The paladin goes for the enemy's throat
    Read that and stopped.

Encouraging words How sweet of you! RAAAAAAAGGEEEEE

I like the ret changes u have in mind we badly need an interupt and every other class in the game has one with less then 30 secs CD.

Wow so much to troll lol
    First off Encouraging words would be a second Bloodlust and make Prot Pallies semi mandatory though i think another class should also get a heroism/bloodlust ability to spread teh buffs around

Healcano.... name aside that is ridiculus 50% of healing done to the tank to everyone around him for 20seconds out of every minute you don't need to heal to know thats Retardedly OP if you have ever noticed a tanks health bar. If a Holy light hits for 20k (going with current health and healing standards) that means 10k to every one in range wow you could 1 heal 10's and this would trivialize any fight.

go for the throat..no they don't need an intterupt many classes don't have intterupts pally's have really good defenses and the ability to self heal as well as well as many other versatile abilities and buffs no they don't need an intterupt.

Next letting Crusader strike and Divine storm build the stack would defeat the purpose of the change and make pallies far more OP as they get an insta-Dot while doing ridiculus burst.

L2read patchnotes if you are gonna make comments on changes it was changed to wind shear so now it is not on their shock CD which is a large buff as they don't have to innterupt their rotation/burst damage as much to intterupt.

I could continure but i don't wanna be banned for harasment.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Healcano would be really OP. We would simply Bacon the tank and heal ourselves and the whole raid would be healed >.>

Doom, did you actually read my post, or do you just like trolling? I said I don't play a healadin, so i figured healcano would be either over or underpowered. I have no idea what I'm doing there, it's just an idea. And besides, I did say the name was temporary.

So I forget the whole wind shock/shear thing. Big deal, I don't play a shammy and it was a side comment anyway.

I guess encouraging words is kinda similar to heroism/bloodlust, but that really wasn't my intention. I was thinking more of a mid fight refresher for healers and casters (again, as I said in my description), so it could be changed to mana only.

The rational behind letting CS/DS apply stacks is twofold. One, we currently have an absurdly long ramp up time, and 2, with the new interrupt we would need to reapply stacks much more often.

One final note on Healcano (I'm thinking maybe holy gift as a final name), the intent was that instead of healing a dps and the tank getting it as well, just reverse the flow and have the tank be the one healed. Any holy pallys wanna run with that idea?

These are just ideas man, they can be tweaked. Instead of trolling, make suggestions.

but ur ideas are bad

I'e seen worse ideas on the internet ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Interesting ideas. The Healcano sounds a bit too powerful for a 1-minute cooldown though. If it could only be used once in a bossfight, 30% or so might be fair(have to give the other healers a chance to do something too!). I didn't read the Retridin one, as I have more than enough to do as a Tank/Healer.

As for Protection, I think what we really need(pretty much the only thing we're missing), is more mitigation towards spell damage. Warriors got Spell Reflect, why shouldn't we get an on-use ability that grants our Holy Shield a chance to either deflect or reflect harmful spells for the next 10-20 seconds, with a 1-2 minute cooldown? Of course the Protection Tree is amazing as it is, so it's difficult to get any talents that aren't similar to other classes abilities... although Encouraging Words could also prove to be useful for raids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Interesting ideas. The Healcano sounds a bit too powerful for a 1-minute cooldown though. If it could only be used once in a bossfight, 30% or so might be fair(have to give the other healers a chance to do something too!). I didn't read the Retridin one, as I have more than enough to do as a Tank/Healer.

As for Protection, I think what we really need(pretty much the only thing we're missing), is more mitigation towards spell damage. Warriors got Spell Reflect, why shouldn't we get an on-use ability that grants our Holy Shield a chance to either deflect or reflect harmful spells for the next 10-20 seconds, with a 1-2 minute cooldown? Of course the Protection Tree is amazing as it is, so it's difficult to get any talents that aren't similar to other classes abilities... although Encouraging Words could also prove to be useful for raids etc.
    Yeah, I changed Healcano to a 10 minute cooldown, more situational now.

The fact that the prot tree is so great is what inspired Encouraging words. I couldn't think of anything we really needed, so i figured maybe we could help others. I guess some more spell mitigation would be nice, but I think something more passive would be better, seeing as an activated anti-magic holy shield would probably get nerfed against bosses:P.

healcano being a bit of mana to cast, and having to be cast on the person with beacon of light on them.... to heal everyone person within 60 yardsof the tank for even 25% of a 10K (minimum) heal. Healing 1 person for 10K and 24 people for 2.5K

Im somehow still not seeing this as reasonable even with a bit of a mana cost and a cooldown
    The only way I could see this working would be "your next 1/2/3 spells" and having it be a multi point talent.

Its very similar to tranquility (which if im not mistaken, is the ONLY spell that can heal an entire raid simultaneously, PoH, chain heal and glyph of holy light are all limited to ~5). Tranquility pumps out about 3K healing every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. so roughly 5 ticks (assuming it ticks immediately).

EDIT: or possibly for a Prot talent:

Relentless Justice
    10% Base Mana
    6 Minute Cooldown
    Your judgements have a 100% chance to proc off every attack and do so for double effect.

(this being very similar to a divine sacrifice sort of thing. it can either be used for a huge raid heal (if you have judgement of light up) or a huge mana battery (if you have judgement of wisdom up))

For the longest time I've thought that ret paladins should get some sort of interrupt. Warriors have pummel, Shammies had Earth shock(why did blizz do away with that?)
    Because enhancement shamans didnt want it on Earth Shock as its part of our dps rotation, we didnt want to have to save it on certain boss fights where not interrupting can wipe a raid

we now have wind shear which interrupts, has same range, less mana cost, doesnt trigger GCD and reduces threat (think like a rogue doing kick and feint at the same time at 25 yards away)
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Wow so much to troll lol
    First off Encouraging words would be a second Bloodlust and make Prot Pallies semi mandatory though i think another class should also get a heroism/bloodlust ability to spread teh buffs around

Healcano.... name aside that is ridiculus 50% of healing done to the tank to everyone around him for 20seconds out of every minute you don't need to heal to know thats Retardedly OP if you have ever noticed a tanks health bar. If a Holy light hits for 20k (going with current health and healing standards) that means 10k to every one in range wow you could 1 heal 10's and this would trivialize any fight.

go for the throat..no they don't need an intterupt many classes don't have intterupts pally's have really good defenses and the ability to self heal as well as well as many other versatile abilities and buffs no they don't need an intterupt.

Next letting Crusader strike and Divine storm build the stack would defeat the purpose of the change and make pallies far more OP as they get an insta-Dot while doing ridiculus burst.

L2read patchnotes if you are gonna make comments on changes it was changed to wind shear so now it is not on their shock CD which is a large buff as they don't have to innterupt their rotation/burst damage as much to intterupt.

I could continure but i don't wanna be banned for harasment.
    You really have no clue what you are talking about. Rets got smashed in the wall in 3.2. They don't have any burst anymore, they only have consistent damage now, without interrupts, without MS, without anything. Sure, they had pretty huge burst in 3.1, but that should've been toned down by like 10% and given an interrupt

Deleted

Here's my ideas ^_^
    Was just having some fun with some random talents, don't mind them too much!

Retriadin 90's talent:

Divine Vengeance.

Melee.
    Burns all the vengeance/Corruption stacks on your target, to deal damage equal to [insert formula here.] Using this attack with Art of War, causes your target to be interrupted for 2 seconds.
    ( 30 seconds cooldown )

Protadins 90's talent:

Blinded by the light.

Causes your judgements to cause "Blinded by the light." Enemies affiliated with Blinded by the light, will have an increased 3% chance to miss on attacks or spellcasts, when strikeing the paladin.

Holyadins 90's talent:

Holy Meditation:

You enter a Holy Meditation, reducing damage taken by your target by 70%, and transferring 10% of your own life to the target every 2 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds. Channeled, interruptable. 15 min CD.

15+ Year Old Account

i like the ret talent but the prot talent seems.. not worth gettin imo

This one would fit nicely for pala (all specs) as well as for every other class (all specs) though I don't have anything against palas, since I have pala myself too.

The Faceroll
    100% Mana / Energy / Rage / Runic Power Unlimited range
    Instant cast
    Dramatically increases difficulty of nearby hostile NPCs so no one can
    whine about too easy kills. Also kills every single hostile NPC in sight within
    range of 50 yd after 5 seconds. During that time your character will dance
    for sake of doing something. In PVP Battlegrounds your honor is increased
    by 75000 and in Arenas your arena and personal rating is increased to 3000.

Bind it to every key and bang your head to the keyboard. Voilà!

This idea has been brought up a couple times, but wouldn't it be awesome if Holy had this talent.

Holy Consecration
    Your Consecrate ability now also heals allies standing
    on it by 50% of your total Spellpower. Consecration range
    increased by 10yards.

one for Ret might be...

Divine Explosion
    5% base mana 1min CD
    This ability can only be used after using Divine Storm.
    You exploded into a Holy Nova dealing 100% of Seal of Vengeance
    stacks, but consumes them as well. In addition your next Divine Storm
    will do 50% more damage.

Just some ideas I have floating around in my head. I play prot and ret, so my holy idea might not be too good, but w/e.

Prot
    Encouraging Words
    Instant Cast
    20% base mana cost
    6 Minute cooldown

The Paladin encourages his allies, increasing mana, rage, energy and runic power regeneration by 100% for 20 seconds. Cannot be used while under the effects of Exhaustion.

It seems to me that Protadins don't really have much we need, aside from an instant exorcism (which would be a 2 or 3 point talent). This gives Protadins a way to give back to those wonderful healers. And could someone figure out a better name? Encouraging words sound a bit lame, but it's 2AM here so that's the best I got for now.
    The exhaustion thing makes it so that you cant just unload without fear of running out of mana. This is more of a mid fight refresher.

Holy
    Healcano (temporary name, born out of my first thoughts upon seeing beacon of light in beta)
    30% base mana
    10 minute cooldown
    Your heals to the beacon of light now transfer 50% of the amount healed to all others affected by Beacon of light. Lasts 20 seconds.

Alternatively, passive, but only heals for 25%.

I don't play a healadin, so this is probably either under or overpowered, but it seems like a good way to give paladins a way to group heal when they need to. Also, beacon of light's duration would be increased. Having to put it on every minute just seems like a pain in the ass.

Ret
    Bloody Vengeance
    10% base mana cost
    10 second cooldown
    The paladin goes for the enemy's throat, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell of the same school from being cast for x seconds, where x is the number of stacks of blood corruption/holy vengeance on the target. This attack also consumes any stacks of blood corruption/holy vengeance on the target.

The whole X number thing needs to be reworded, but other than that it seems good. Originally was going to be Blood Strike/Vengeance Strike, but this just seemed cooler and sounds like the kind of move i was going for.

For the longest time I've thought that ret paladins should get some sort of interrupt. Warriors have pummel, Shammies had Earth shock(why did blizz do away with that?), mages have spellsteal, death knights have mind freeze, hunters/priests have silence if they specced for it (though no one ever seems to:P) etc etc. It seems unfair that our only interrupts are stuns with 1 minute cooldowns. Also, crusader strike and divine storm will now proc SoB/SoV, so we don't have so much ramp up time. Lastly, since I absolutely hate what they've done to SoC, i'm gonna give it back its old functionality. Since SoB/SoV is now useful in PvP and PvE (im leaving the damage boost in), i figure i can do the same for SoC by making it also making it auto crit when art of war is up, but consume AoW. Think about it. Whenever exorcism is on cooldown, just judge command. Finally, to keep that from being utterly overpowered, I'll also make AoW only proc off judgement, DS, and CS crits.

Feel free to comment and point out errors, but keep in mind that it's 2 in the bloody morning. Good Night.

prot may feel like it doesnt need anything now, but you never know what the next Xpack will bring. i dont think a final prot talent that doesnt benefit the pally tank, or perform any form of mitigation or threat whatsoever is a good idea.

the holy talent is a bad ideal as well. having a final talent on a 10min CD is too much, and 20 second of that would be way overpowered if you mean what i think you do with your wording. that would mean that a holy pally would be easily solo healing the entire 25man raid for 20 seconds and making all other healers useles for that time.

the "X" factor on the ret idea is nice, however i think it wouldnt go over well with having the final ret talent be an almost strictly PVP talent. an alternative that i liek would be to use your interupt idea for when you judge justice, and for it to do X damage for each stack when you judge light or wisdom and not consume the stacks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)