Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Level 90 paladin talent ideas

the encouraging words where good but the bloody vngeance sucks hard m8 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    This one would fit nicely for pala (all specs) as well as for every other class (all specs) though I don't have anything against palas, since I have pala myself too.

The Faceroll
    100% Mana / Energy / Rage / Runic Power Unlimited range
    Instant cast
    Dramatically increases difficulty of nearby hostile NPCs so no one can
    whine about too easy kills. Also kills every single hostile NPC in sight within
    range of 50 yd after 5 seconds. During that time your character will dance
    for sake of doing something. In PVP Battlegrounds your honor is increased
    by 75000 and in Arenas your arena and personal rating is increased to 3000.

Bind it to every key and bang your head to the keyboard. Voilà!
    lol'd irl XD

Ret 61 pointer...

Faceroller - 10% of base mana cost - 3 minute cooldown - 8 to 20 yard range

The paladin charges into his target, slamming his weapon into the target's face dealing X damage based off attack power and silencing the target for 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussi
    Ret 61 pointer...

Faceroller - 10% of base mana cost - 3 minute cooldown - 8 to 20 yard range

The paladin charges into his target, slamming his weapon into the target's face dealing X damage based off attack power and silencing the target for 3 seconds.

it's not funny... :-\

Sorry to say but I dont like any of the ideas:

Prot feels kinda lame, and doesnt really contribute at all to defences in any way, its more something a healer would have, maybe....healadins?

Holy- All classes have thier unique abilities and tweaks, giving paladins such a powerful AoE heal would make them OP. Yes, I know glyph of holylight is kinda that way now, but with limited range and target.

Retadin- Imo, its a part of retadins to not do anything but burst, sad but true. Maybe a silence though.

There wont be 90 lvls in next xpack
    Just 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Veno

it's not funny... :-\
    These are supposed to be funny?

A distance closer has been something paladins, as far as I know, have been asking for.
    Just 85.
    Thank you I'm glad a developer took the time to come here and tell us what will or will not be in the next expansion.

Seriously though if you don't have proof don't state it like you do.

15+ Year Old Account

not a talent, but its something which should have been ingame since vanilla beta
    divine shield now absorb up to xx dmg multiplied by your level or 12sec
    trade it for something new which would help more then a 5min cd..
    Quote Originally Posted by felix8024
    Just 85.
    ya right.. the list cant lie, it cant be!

Quote Originally Posted by starwarriors
    I like the ret changes u have in mind we badly need an interupt and every other class in the game has one with less then 30 secs CD.
    Because HoJ on 20 sec cooldown + Avenger's Shield isn't very good............

..but then again you play retlol. The damage is a trade off. Would be retarded with *LOLOMG 15k burst* INTERRUPT *LOLCRITZ FLURRY 20k*

61 point ret talent:

Hammer of the Casuals (10 second cooldown)
    Deals 200% weapon damage as holy dmg, interrupts spellcasting and also puts a mortal wound on the target wich reduces healing done to that target by 50%. After this attack, the paladin will use all his offensive abilities after each other automatically to allow players to win arena games without putting any effort in it.

61 point prot talent:

Divine Shields (passive)
    Increases the damage done by your abilities wich requires shields by 200% and increases the duration of the silence effect by your Avenger's Shield by 8 seconds.

I'm sad that no one had any input on my suggestions :'(

QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pognut

Prot
    Encouraging Words
    Instant Cast
    20% base mana cost
    6 Minute cooldown

The Paladin encourages his allies, increasing mana, rage, energy and runic power regeneration by 100% for 20 seconds. Cannot be used while under the effects of Exhaustion.

It seems to me that Protadins don't really have much we need, aside from an instant exorcism (which would be a 2 or 3 point talent). This gives Protadins a way to give back to those wonderful healers. And could someone figure out a better name? Encouraging words sound a bit lame, but it's 2AM here so that's the best I got for now.
    The exhaustion thing makes it so that you cant just unload without fear of running out of mana. This is more of a mid fight refresher.
    Hmmm, I play a prot paladin myself and though I'm rather selfish and might have preferred somethnig to benefit my tanking and my tanking only, with the recent prot changes I guess I wouldn't mind this kind of change, though I would prefer if it was to replace reckoning instead.
    I think this would be a decent change, and if this ability allowed a temporary stall to the vezax mana debuff, I feel it would allow Paladins to be more viable for that fight (I get sidelines for the 25man fight every time...), though if this ability was to be released naturally vezax would be an outdated fight anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by syvas
    and if this ability allowed a temporary stall to the vezax mana debuff, I feel it would allow Paladins to be more viable for that fight (I get sidelines for the 25man fight every time...)
    While you probably shouldn't be tanking every fight in the instance (imagine how bored your tanking comrades would be!), this reason is completely misinformed. Mana really shouldn't be an issue for a paladin tanking Vezax regardless of if it's 10 or 25 man.

I stopped after the term "Healcano" was thrown out...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Deep Prot talent:

Let's GTFO of Here!
    1minute CD
    100% current mana

The paladin channels a massive protective shield over his/her entire party/raid and hearths them all to safety. Requires both Divine Shield and Hearth Stone to be off Cooldown to use.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted

"mages have spellsteal"... You mean counterspell, not spellsteal.. Even the talent's name says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Veno
    Healcano would be really OP. We would simply Bacon the tank and heal ourselves and the whole raid would be healed >.>
    If you're gonna give me bacon everytime I tank, I want you as a personal healer.

I hate how everyone wants all classes to have the same abilities, like a mortal strike, interupt etc whilst forget that their class can do some things that other can't. If a paladin had a mortal strike and an interupt what'd be the point in warriors?

As for what'd be a good new talent I think for holy

61 point talent : Whoops

Automatically causes lay on hands to remove 100% of the friendly targets hp unless switched off.

Edit

61 point talent for Ret : Remove Hemorrhoids

5% of base mana, 10min cooldown
    Allows male humans the ability to run normally for 5 minutes

61 point talent for Protection : What the hell..

15% of base mana, 3.14min cooldown
    The paladin summons a holy Panda to confuse hostile targets with basic algebra, not suitable around gnomes.

increasing mana, rage, energy and runic power regeneration by 100% for 20 seconds.
    Rage has 0 regeneration rate unless taleneted save thing with runic power (not sure if theres a talent for it though)

Also it would make rogues a bit OP if they had Adrenaline Rush too :P

i know its just an idea but i thought i'd point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioxin
    61 point talent for Ret : Remove Hemorrhoids

5% of base mana, 10min cooldown
    Allows male humans the ability to run normally for 5 minutes
    I lolled irl