Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Becoming an OP heroic tank (Need exp. tanks input)

Hell, I use reckoning for heroics. Heroics are pretty much jokes. Using set rotations means you are puttin too much thought into it. Get better gear/more experience until you realize its not needed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    535 is the crit cap for heroics since bosses are mainly lvl 83.
    =))))

No wonder people don't come here on the pally forums cos of how stupid people are this was actually funny especially after readint the whole thread

Quote Originally Posted by asterics
    =))))

No wonder people don't come here on the pally forums cos of how stupid people are this was actually funny especially after readint the whole thread
    Yeah, I'm sure that was stupidity, and not a mistype. The 2 and 3 are only adjacent keys, it's like impossible to accidentally hit one instead of the other. What's really funny is that you make fun of him being stupid when you apparently (by your own standard) are equally stupid. The word is "reading", moron. Am I doing it right?

EDIT: Oh, and also, "cos" is not a word, it is a mathematical abbreviation for "Cosine" but that word in this context makes no sense, you clearly mean "because" but are apparently too stupid to spell it properly. Additionally, sentences end with periods, another rudimentary protocol of English seemingly beyond your grasp.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    535 is the crit cap for heroics since bosses are mainly lvl 83.
    i don't think you get the point. but anyway, just a quick recap for those that don't get how DEF works.

base DEF is 400.

for every 1 DEF you have 0.04% less chance to be crit.

base crit chance for any mob of equal level is 5%. for each level higher, you have 0.2% extra.

bosses in heroics are 82 (not 83). that means 5.4% chance.

5.4/0.04=135 DEF extra you need.

400+135= 535.

you need 4.92 rating for one skill.

135*4.92=664 rating needed.

for raids, bosses are considered 3 levels higher, or 83, means 540 DEF needed, or 140 from gear.

140 from gear means 689 rating, not skill.

i hope everthing is clear about defense minimum (not defense cap, although you can also refer to it as crit cap).