Shadow Priest Scaling/Gear questions

Been playing shadow for a while now and have been finding my own balance with the gear/rotation/scaling issues that plague the class.
    While haste gets less and less valued, better gear tends to have it and it just sort of comes up; that being said, I recently tried to go for a haste-light set. sitting at around 215haste and 560ish crit with my static 2444 w/ inner fire sp, i found this to be optimal with my latency bugging more usefulness from haste.

Im about to get the t8 4peice and wondered if i should seek to balance these stats a little (I am now at 500ish crit, nearing 300 haste and the same SP)? I have always liked the way crit effects shadow because of the recent changes to scaling and our ability to cast on the run; however, I see shadow priests rocking over 400 haste out-dpsing me.

Do you think this is a latency issue (i run on a wireless network for the summer), a Spirit issue (I think I have way too much still), a gearing issue (the low haste or low crit), or just a temporary valley cause my trinkets arent very good.

I still pull over 4k on most fights and can multi-dot like a pro, but i hate falling behind and i want to stop blaming my class mechanics.

heres my armory link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enarius&n=Veer

Re: Shadow Priest Scaling/Gear questions

For some reason 450-525 is floating in my mind as a soft cap for spriest haste, which you want to maximize how many mind blasts/ticks of mind flay you cast per fight. It'll be on shadowpriest.com somewhere in the forums...

As far as gearing goes, just pick up dying curse so you can throw away your boots, pick up a dps ring, and regem your pants for spellpower.

Another itemization tip might be to pick up the cape and/or ring off of H ToC. Then you could (again) upgrade those boots to something with a little more boom and a little less (wasted on that piece, imo) hit.

Just picked up a much better itemized weapon, better boots and the hit ring from norm IC. im above the hit cap but when i get the conc head it should all fall into place. Looking forward to the changes, but still want to know updated knowledge on sought after numbers. My sp will be near 2500 self buffed, with crit at 550ish and haste over 300. These seem like good benchmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    Just picked up a much better itemized weapon, better boots and the hit ring from norm IC. im above the hit cap but when i get the conc head it should all fall into place. Looking forward to the changes, but still want to know updated knowledge on sought after numbers. My sp will be near 2500 self buffed, with crit at 550ish and haste over 300. These seem like good benchmarks.
    You should also get forge ember to replace that battlemaster trinket until you get lucky in raids, it's alot better, haste wise i currently have 566, but got the 4pc T8 now so need to drop it a bit as it's now being wasted, but i find that even though i'm 300+ SP behind other spriests at the same gear level, my haste more than makes up for it.

I don't think 4p T8 is worth if. If you can get hands on Hardmode loot, like the gloves from Vezax, I'd happily break the 4p bonus (oh wait, I already did )

priority
    Hit>SP>Haste>Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Higiyz
    For some reason 450-525 is floating in my mind as a soft cap for spriest haste, which you want to maximize how many mind blasts/ticks of mind flay you cast per fight. It'll be on shadowpriest.com somewhere in the forums...

As far as gearing goes, just pick up dying curse so you can throw away your boots, pick up a dps ring, and regem your pants for spellpower.

Another itemization tip might be to pick up the cape and/or ring off of H ToC. Then you could (again) upgrade those boots to something with a little more boom and a little less (wasted on that piece, imo) hit.
    Once you get 4P conq alot of your issues with haste will dissapear. You'll easily be able to get 2 mind flays between mind blasts in (And sometimes 3 if you're a troll!)

But yeah, 490ish or around there is what you're looking for in haste.

My dps was really not looking very well, but this forum helped me out, and now i'm back where I should be in raids. It feels quite nice actually.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli
    priority
    Hit>SP>Haste>Crit
    Not quite.

1 SP = 1
    1 Crit = 0.68
    1 Haste = 0.61
    1 Spi = 0.22
    1 Int = 0.2
    1 Hit = 1.75

So Hit > SP > Crit > Haste.

Close, but no cigar.

The average value of haste is far lower than .61

1 SP = 1
    1 Crit = 0.68
    1 Haste = 0.61
    1 Spi = 0.22
    1 Int = 0.2
    1 Hit = 1.75
    These numbers vary LOTS depending on other values.

SP and SPI get better as Crit increases. (SPI assuming u have IST and/or Glyph of Shadow)
    The more you have of something, other than CRIT, SP, SPI, INT (crit value deteriorates eventually, but is quite unreachable) the less effective it is.
    This is especially true for haste as it has various levels of effectiveness.

If you have little to no haste, the above numbers are correct, if you have around 400 haste then the value of haste is alot closer to 0 than anything. Note that someone is going to say im trolling but, they just dont understand. Then with more and more haste its slightly increases until 800-900 from memory, so dont quote me, it is quite unreachable without procs.

Crit also becomes more useful as SP increases.
    There is no math besides logic that proves this point, so dont ask for any theory crafting

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

For once Strykzor says something intelligent.

If anyone bothered to read the justification of the scalar values from simulationcraft they would understand why.

Personally I still think the value of haste is slightly lower that simulations, no matter how you put it, due to movement and other situations in PvE, along with much target-switching. Due to this, I value crit a lot higher than haste.

But mostly, you get the stats eventually, it's not really possible to stack one specific stat or another.

You really can't stack only haste and leave crit or something out... you might have something decrease for the other 1 to increase but eventually u'll have them at approx. the same lvl...
    anw something i noticed... i had 430 haste and the remaining time between my 2nd mind flay and the 2nd mind blast was close to 0.5sec.... which would either have me not doing anything for 0.5 sec... or doing a VT rebuff (if it was needed) so it would take 1sec off my next MB or a DP rebuff (if it was needed) so it would take like 0.2 sec off my next DP... or do the fatal mistake and cast a mind flay which is like 2sec's off my MB... anw i got 2 crit items and my haste fell to 300 and now the gap between my mind flays and MBs is something like 0.1-0.2 which i find convenient so i don't have to stop casting or lose my MB CD....
    Take in account that i have the 4set bonus....
    so in such cases i think that crit > haste..... though till u are able to fit 2 mind flays between 2 MBs .. haste is the way to go imo.
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

I still think haste is somewhat unfairly maligned... if there was a true haste cap then our DPS wouldn't increase while under the effect of Bloodlust/Heroism... yet it does. There are just sweet spots for haste (as far as a spriest is concerned) until you reach the GCD haste cap which is 50% (and not really achieveable). That's not to say I don't think it's wise to have a slight crit bias but I don't think you should forget about haste either.

I think a slightly crit bias is well worth it on certain fights that involve more movement than direct DPS.

I specific find that crit is better than haste on fights like Freya+3 and Yogg+1. If anything, having pieces to shuffle around (like rings and offhands) would be ideal for optimizing dps to the max. But I don't think it's really worth it, considering it'll be farm-content before you get the said items to shuffle.