Holy or shadow while lvling?

Hi. Im currently trying to lvl up my priest. I lvled up to 20 as holy, thinking 0,5 less casting time on your primary dmg spell (smite)< mind blast. At 20 I went shadow, just to realize mindflay causes less dmg, and scales worse off gear.

I heared shadow is the best lvling spec, at what lvl is it usually worth speccing shadow rather than holy?

Re: Holy or shadow while lvling?

Shadow kinda sucks untill you get shadowform. It becomes quite awesome after that.

If you feel better smiting, then keep on doing that, but try out shadow again at 40, I bet you'll love it.

I lvled up Disc back like 2 years ago lol i loved it and now its WAAAY better and improved for doing dmg and healing with much added survivablity go disc shadow sucks not only is it boring but it has no survivablity

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...60842377&sid=1

Holy / Disc is superior before 50. After that it's preference.

I went holy / disc up till level 68 and it was a breeze but when I got to Northrend I was having troubles with regular mobs, decided to go shadow and never had problems again. I dual specced a proper healing disc build and now I can level up extremely fast and efficiently as shadow (no downtime whatsoever) and get groups or do group quests as heals.

shadow is best

MB, SW:P, Wand

once u get VT it's VT, SW:P, MB, wand...

MFlay is only good once u hit OL and get some SP gear.

Also Spirit tap is a must anyway... and thus u are started down the Shadow path alrady
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    shadow is best

MFlay is only good once u hit OL and get some SP gear.

Also Spirit tap is a must anyway... and thus u are started down the Shadow path alrady
    Yeh agree with that, it's pretty rubbish before you get some decent SP and crit (well at least I like crit gear). At 78 if I really wanted to I could just SW:P a mob and MF it to death considering it ticks for about 800 and crits for I think 1400 - 1600 x 3 in under 3 seconds (I got some haste gear too).

i lvled my first priest as shadow from start,then i made other priest(that one would be healer at high lvl) and i start lvling as holy and its kind a ok,maybe,maybe is shadow faster but its ok as holy priest,didnt tested disc,coz i dont like it at all but if i lvl again it will be shadow,

Shadow > Disc > Holy.

i levelled 10-69 as Holy - Boring as hell.
    69-74 Not that boring but slow.
    69-90 Fast and Fun.