Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: To all the JCers that stacked up on titanium ore pre 3.2.....

On Khaz Modan:

I bought 28 stacks @ 150g a stack paying 4200 total:

Patch day came..had a guildie prospect and got 30+ epic gems, 92 titanium dust, a ton of other gems.

I sold a total of zero epics the first day...which made me feel like i made a huge mistake.
    Surprisingly the big seller from day one was the titanium dust and the green gems. Sold all but 30 of the dust and most of the green gems after day one.

48 hours later the prices normalized and i began to sell the epics as well on the next auction cycle for about 2/3 of what i listed them on day one.

Total results: Made 4642g in profit on top of my 4200g investment. Wish i had bought more.

15+ Year Old Account

i got home 3 days before patch so didnt reach to do shit in preperations

however the 1st day i cuted 20 str gems like mad and made like 300-400 on that.
    wich is about the same gold i could have sold the dragons eyes for
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted

On Trollbane EU, I bought about 70-80 titanium ore stacks and doubled my money, I don't see why this wouldn't be worth it. I also got loads of titanium dust for more designs, which became quite useful for money making.

I didn't prospect any. I bought stacks of ore the week before 3.2 hit for 130g a piece and the day the patch went live I sold them all for 350g a piece. Pretty good return on my investment imo.

Earthen Ring - EU.

Farmed / Bought maximum total of 25 stacks.
    (150-270g a stack)

managed to get 2-3 gems per stack and minimum that day was 3-4 dust per stack. and 4-5 Rare gems.

Sold 0 - Stored all - Rep with guild supplying gems soared.

got about 2-4 gems of each colour sat in bank awaiting the designs

out of 200 stacks of titanium i got:
    32 Cardinal Rubies
    12 Dreadstones
    21 Eye of Zul
    17 Kings Amber
    27 Majestic Zircon
    and 7 Ametrines.

i decided to sell the rest of my titanium ore(around 150 stacks) for 200g a stack, and i cut/sold a vast majority of my gems for anything from 200-500g a gem, and made roughly 30k gold. as of midnight EST.
    []http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/chaos-D/hunterbang.png[/img]
    100px max height

I had 102 stacks, didnt pay over 140g for any of them some as low as 70-90g. After prospecting had between 13-17 of each color except 21 cardinal rubies. I didn't count the rares, but they are selling even better than before the patch. I have only made about 8000g but I have most of my epic gems in my bag still and most of the ones i sold were to guildies for 60-70g cut. Most of the 8k was just rares and a handful of epics on AH. I probably spent around 9-10k on the ore and I think if I had sold them all I'd be over 5 digit gold easily. That's the best I can do for details good luck JCers.

I spent around 18k on ore, 175 stacks I believe. Prospected it and with some jc tokens I had, I bought 26 Epic Receipes the 1st day. (The best sellers IMO.)
    I posted on the AH furiously for the next day 2 days...watching the prices go down and having to go on the AH every 2hrs to undercut. I also spammed trade for the cuts I had and charged 50g the 1st day, then 25g the next and 15g onwards. NOT a fun experience and very draining and stressful. I had to log in at work to get it done too
    Anyways, after selling the epics, rares and cut charges after a week I had 45k. Pretty hard work...but then again I've never had this much gold at once. Now just waiting to blow it on Crusader Orbs! lol

So rougly 27k in profit.

I had bought 12 stacks (150 per stack) and farmed another 8. Also had 6 Icy Prisms in the mail. Total cost time and 1,800 G.

After my prospecting I got 8 Cardinal Rubys, 4 Amerite, 2 Eye of Zul, 2 dreadstones, 2 Kings Amber, 1 Majestic Zircon, and 1 Dragons Eye.

I kept the Rubys, Dragonseye and Kings Ambers.

Sold
    4 x Luminous Ametrine for 800 g per total 3,200g
    2 x Lambent Eye of Zul for 350 g per total 700g
    2 x Royal Dreadstone for 525 g per total 1,050g
    1 x Solid Majestic Zircon for 600 g
    Grand Total 5,500 G

Should have been a lot more but I wanted to resocket all my gear.

Surprisingly I also made about 4k from all the blue gems that also dropped out of the ore. Seems that the market for Blue gems has ballooned since the opportunity to transmute has come about on my server.

I am actually getting about 95 g per Scarlet ruby since the patch....was about 70 pre 3.2

15+ Year Old Account

our server's economy is really fucked up. completed epic gems are selling less then 150g, only cardinal rubys are selling a bit higher - around 250g.
    raw gems are both a bit cheaper 120 normal, ~200 for rubys.

those green (color) gems are already selling lower than 100g, and rare gems are dropping prices down to hell - nothing more than 30g except scarlet rubys, which sell for ~50g.

oh, and they drop every day more. I wouldn't be surprised, if they drop below 100g for each epic gem in 1 or 2 weeks, rare gems and uncommon gems will be more expensive than epic gems... yeah, that's our server.

good for me, since I'm no Jeweler, but I mate of me stacked up 150 stacks over the last 2 month before the patch, he bought roughly 100 stacks for about 150g per stack and farmed the remaining 50 stacks, so It's about 2 month and 15k gold effort. now he prospected everything and said he made a rough profit of 5k gold. making prisms out of all greens, selling the remaining, selling all the blues, selling all green/purple and blue (color) epic gems, cutting all red, orange and yellow epic gems and selling them aswell and selling all the powder. so after he sold everything, he made about 20k gold, which returns as a raw 5k gold profit.

5k gold in 2 month isn't that much, in 2 month I would make more gold with farming frickin frostweave and sell this.

Bought around 100 stacks pre patch and my profit so far is around 6k. But honestly, it's mostly from having loads of the new recipes, most people were willing to pay 30-50g tip in the first week, now it's still around 10-20g for the more "exotic" recipes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

Hello my name is Jared and I play a mage on Area 52 named Ishwar.
    I wanted to respond to the initial question on this forum. The "how much did you make" portion.

I bought about 330 stacks of titanium ore at around 150g per stack before 3.2 hit.
    330x150 = 49,500g
    They day 3.2 hit I prospected that into about 350 epic gems with just as many rares, tons of greens, and enough titanium dust for about 25 patterns.
    I brought prices down on my server to 400g within 6 hours of the release because in essence I received each and every one of these epic gems for around 100g each if you consider the dust just the means in which to make them worth 400g themselves and not a tangible asset in the calculation.
    I see titanium dust for 50g per in the ah all day so if you wanted to make that argument you could then say that the 3 titanium dust I attained per stack paid for every stack itself and the gems that preceded were just the pure profit aspect. I prefer to look at it from a gem perspective tho and leave the dust out of the equation.

I must say I completely disagree with whomever it was that said the rare market has in any way slowed down. There is even more gear in this patch then in the last one and a new heroic that drops epic gear that people want to gem out constantly every time someone is running it which is just about always.
    I did not know that 3.2 was going to hit when it did as I think many of us were surprised by how early it was. I figured we had at least 1 more month which would have given me much more time to acquire the 500 stacks I wanted to get, even still here is the breakdown for profit.

20 Titanium Ore = 1.1 Epic Gem / 1.1 Rare Gem / and what seems to be the same amount of green gems per stack that saronite puts out.
    This is important to the equation for anyone who is correctly making items to be disenchanted from there JCing to turn these greens into massive amounts of income.
    1 blue, orange, yellow, and red green gem with 2 motes of eternal earth turn into 1.5 dust, Plannars, and even the occasional prismatic shard.
    You can get the earth’s for about 6g now so you are looking at 5 items per earth.
    The earth cost is then about 1.2g per item and when I send these items in masses like I always do I tip 5g per mail which turns into 1.6g total per item.
    Every dust is worth about 3-3.5g and since you get 1.5 dust that is a 4.5g-5.25g profit margin on the dust alone. Add into the plannars that sell for about 10g each and a few shards it turns into crazy profit.
    I made 1800 items and mailed them off to my disenchanters.
    What I got back was 150 stacks of dust, over 200 plannars, and about 25 shards.

150 Stacks of Dust = 65g per stack x150 stacks = 9750g
    200 Plannars = 10g each x 200 = 2000g
    25 Shards = 15g each x 25 = 375g
    400 Eternal earths required to make 1800 items at 6g each is - 2400g
    ------------------------------------------------
    9750g+2000g+375g = 12125g Net
    12125g - 2400g =9725g Profit

As you can see in essence the plannars and shards cover the eternal earth part of the equasion making it all about the dust itself as a means of pure profit aside from the 5g tip I send with the mails itself.. You pretty much always get a green and often get double procs of them, so if you can make 4 items per stack of saronite ore you prospect you have completely covered your ore cost and now are left with free rares that are worth about 35g each.]
    This means that if you have saronite selling at 15g per stack, I am the guy that buys that off the auction house and turns it into something that is worth 50g per stack.
    In 4 weeks I saved about 330 stacks of titanium that cost me around 50,000g. By the time 3.2 hit my gold stack had only fluctuated 5000g in the negative meaning I made 45,000g off of rare gems alone in the 4 weeks approaching 3.2. Keep in mind my server is a very slow server on my alliance side.
    I did this in spending only 1 hour a day posting and cutting my gems btw.

I must say I disagree with the statement made later in this post that the rare gem market has slowed down.
    Before 3.2 hit I had every rare cut and prospected so much ore that even after cutting every single pattern I could 4-6 times and posting them in the auction house with about 15,00g total equity in cut gems at all time, I still had about 100 of each gem in stock before I prospected the 330 stacks of titanium.
    I now have less than 1 stack of any rare gems uncut in my bags all sold since 3.2 hit.

So to recap, by making 15g per stack in green gem mats and the average rare gem on my server selling for around 35g I made 50g of every 150g stack of titanium I bought. This means I got every epic gem for 100g and it also gave me the dust needed to move them quickly.
    I with titanium ore prices at around 300g on my server I have now limited my competition by selling this stock of gems for 300g or less each while buying out all titanium ore at 300g. This allowed me to move about 15,000g a day while constantly reinvesting.
    I have made 85,000g in profit since 3.2 hit and still have about 60,000g in gems, 40,000g of which are cut and posted as we speak with a full bank tab of stacks of green gems waiting to be disenchanted

Long story short, saving up on titanium is the best wow investment I have ever made and has once again given me a real shot at hitting the gold cap. If people would just stop offering to send me these “gifts” to my bank account I would have hit it 3 times over by now having made at least 600,000g total profit through the AH.

At the end of the day all I have to say is that I know playing wow or making wow gold does not make you cool by any stretch, but I figure I at least owe blizzard a thank you for financing my college business school education lol
    Thx Bliz.

I bought for 5k stacks, at about 180gp each.

I sold half at about 350 each, and prospected the rest.

I made 5k gp + a stock of 15 epic gems

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzation
    240g for all stacks.
    1190 stacks bought
    1277 gems (epic)
    1112 gems (blue)

335k gold now.

This guy has humour

Quote Originally Posted by Ishwar-Area52
    At the end of the day all I have to say is that I know playing wow or making wow gold does not make you cool by any stretch, but I figure I at least owe blizzard a thank you for financing my college business school education lol
    Thx Bliz.
    i couldnt quote your whole post as its very long
    i did read the whole thing tho and you made a lot of good points and explained things mathematically and there is one thing i would be concerned about and that is this info getting into the hands of to many people especially if on your server it might affect prices of gold.
    as for my experiences
    between my gf and i we had something around 400 stacks of titanium ore at least i dont really know numbers as i have a habit of mailing stuff between alts and using that as storage space as well as having stuff spread over multiple toons but my gf uses several toons and a guild bank to store stuff too.
    she is likely the JC on our server with the most cuts and has developed a reputation for having lots of cuts so she gets a lot of business from trade chat where i have almost as many cuts yet prefer to use the AH Exclusively.

i would say that we have recieved returns in the range of 250% on the titanium ore we purchaed pre patch
    i was buying ore at up to ~180g sometiems as low as ~120g or so pre patch it now goes for ~300g
    with a investment of around 40k i have recieved somewhere in the order of 100k with more then a stack left of purple,green,blue,orange, and atm around half a stack of yellow and 18 or 19 cardinal rubies
    buying uncut gems cutting then listing on AH is proving a good investment strangely the best for this on my server is purple ones, every other JC has got the cardinal ruby recipes so the supply here seems to out strip the demand soemthing i hope the opening of hard modes next week will fix

if saronite ore is that worth it still i think i need to get back to buying and prospecting it.
    i currently am still wading my way thru all the green/blue quality gems i got from the titanium ore we both had since i have a enchanting alt and have bought tons of eternal earths. i havent been doing much with the blue quality gems but i do notice they seem to sell i guess i should get back to cutting them and listing them up i just tend to cut whatever i get in my icy prism and chuck on AH but i have lots back in my enchanting/tailoring alt/bank toon

10+ Year Old Account

I'm under the impression that my realm has way, way, waaaay too many JCers. It's impossible to sell cut gems without camping the AH and relisting as soon as someone undercuts you, which loses a lot of profit anyway. The best thing to do is sell your uncut gem for 20g less than the cut gem. I've actually stopped trying to cut and sell all together. A friend of mine who made ~30k off JCing before epics has now abandoned it because it's just impossible to sell. JCing is a wasted profession

For me, maybe around 500g profit to date. I've stopped caring about JCing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

I swear, last night was patch day part 2 as everyone rushed to regem new pvp gear and also had stuff to spend honor on, so the market was not flooded with 10k honor gems!

I was actually working most of the night and only kept tabs on WoW in the background to restock my gems as the sold every so often, but in a few short hours I had made well over 5k profit gold selling cut rare and epic gems. I could have easily made a ton more if I wasn't working and could have plied trade chat because so many people were looking for JCers to cut gems for them as well, but I just didn't have the time for that (I have the second highest number of recipes alliance side on my server).

Definitely a good night!

I'm a fking idiot!

Too busy playing the game to think that far ahead to make money. I spent 800g buying 20 strength gems for my paladin. It was only weeks ago, it dawned on me that my paladin could transmute 1 epic gem a day with mats in the AH that cost a fraction of the gem cost, and my priest alt could cut them for me. One issue with having many alts you lose focus.

So now, i'm transmuting one gem a day, and selling the raw gem on the AH, hoping for some discoveries.

Spent 25g on 5 eternal shadow, 35g on 5 monarch topaz. Transmuted 1 Amertine and sold it for 130g. In total for 4 would mean 590g profit in that alone.

Yes, I'm a I'm a fking idiot! ;D
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Surprisingly I also made about 4k from all the blue gems that also dropped out of the ore. Seems that the market for Blue gems has ballooned since the opportunity to transmute has come about on my server.

I am actually getting about 95 g per Scarlet ruby since the patch....was about 70 pre 3.2
    Huh, I've had quite the opposite experience ever since 3.2. Prior to 3.2 I could sell Runed/Bold Scarlet Rubies for 100g+ on Tuesdays with the uncut version going for 60-75g. Right now I'm lucky to sell either the cut or uncut gem for anything over 45-50g (the undercutting on my server is brutal). Other rare (blue) gems have similarly plummeted to the point that vendoring gems is the way to go. -_-

Anywho, I farmed about 10 stacks of Titanium Ore prior to 3.2 and I've got to say I regret Prospecting them. I'm lucky to get one Epic per stack and even with farming 1/2-a-stack/1-stack a day on my Miner I still have terrible luck with the drop rate. Wintergrasp Weekly quests and two raid members transmuting one a day for me is the only reason I have about 20 of each in the bank and I've replaced all my gems in all my sets of gear. I find it a little baffling that the time spent farming and prospecting Titanium Ore yields far fewer epic gems than PvP'ing and befriending Alchemists.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

In preparation for the 3.2 patch I spent one month buying up ore from everyone/everywhere/everyday.

Purchased 700 +/- stacks for 105g each +/- total = 73,500g
    Prospected 500 stacks using all the powder for tokens -> epic designs which made 90,000g +/- (Keep in mind I used the powders so this number would have been higher)
    Sold 200 stacks for 225-250g +/- total = 45,000g-50,000g +/-

Walked away with rougly 66,500g +/-

-Tarou
    FREE Profession Leveling and Gold Guides - http://www.tarouwowguides.com
    YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryutaroakatarou

"Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v."