Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: To all the JCers that stacked up on titanium ore pre 3.2.....

Stocked up honour useing stonekeeper shards and the for great honour/ daily pvp. This and emblems of heroism (remember them? how retro!) means that no gems where purchased.

Friend of mine got his mechanohog by just selling +20str gems when they where in the 350g region- apparently they when like hot cakes (or so his gleeful voice over vent told us) right now the gem market has stabilised and is if anything dropping- we had our first epic (uncut) gems under 100g recently! eye of zul, but it sets a precedent...

but cut sell seems to be te way to go though, you can make an easy 70+g if you do it right...still people always need belt buckles, right XD
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarou
    In preparation for the 3.2 patch I spent one month buying up ore from everyone/everywhere/everyday.

Purchased 700 +/- stacks for 105g each +/- total = 73,500g
    Prospected 500 stacks using all the powder for tokens -> epic designs which made 90,000g +/- (Keep in mind I used the powders so this number would have been higher)
    Sold 200 stacks for 225-250g +/- total = 45,000g-50,000g +/-

Walked away with rougly 66,500g +/-

-Tarou
    Well done.

I've heard that the greatest path to gold from this last patch (and given that hindsight was and always will be 20/20) was to just buy stacks of Titanium Ore before the patch and resell them after the patch landed.

On my server people we're buying stacks of Titanium ore for around 150g/stack and selling the same stack for 300-400g. Straight up with no twists.

i am not a JC but i still bought 1800g worth of titanium ore for 80g a stack and sold them after the patch was released for 400g a stack made me a nice 7k gold ... now i dont have to farm for a while
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    Well done.

I've heard that the greatest path to gold from this last patch (and given that hindsight was and always will be 20/20) was to just buy stacks of Titanium Ore before the patch and resell them after the patch landed.

On my server people we're buying stacks of Titanium ore for around 150g/stack and selling the same stack for 300-400g. Straight up with no twists.
    Yeah, once I had the designs I needed, I dumped the rest of the ore (^_-).

I've found though that this patch is pretty crazy for making gold with all kinds of things^^.

-Tarou
    FREE Profession Leveling and Gold Guides - http://www.tarouwowguides.com
    YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryutaroakatarou

"Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v."

hi,

i had 4000 ores - 200 Stacks - 28k Gold invest (~140 g/st)

I sold no stack under 380 g in two month = 76 k - 28k = 48k Profit

I got JC but to go in gems was to much stress and i don´t believe u can make real profit if you buy the ores for 380 g per stack...

With some other things i made little more money since 3.2...i had 59k on patchday, today i am 50k over individual cap. I believe

they will raise the goldcap with 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld
    Tell us all your results (market prices, how many epic gems you guys got, and, of course, how much gold did you guys make!?!?

i know 2 seperate people who bought over 300 stacks each got around 20 of each gem and a ton of blues made around 25kg

although the day of i bought 1 stack of the red gems and sold them all for 10kg lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    I am making about 2500 gold a day.. just from buying gems, cutting them, re selling them.

I didnt buy the ore.. the math doesnt make sense.. 300 gold for a stack of ore.. of the 5 stacks I have bothered to prospect, I got 1 epic out of the first 4 of them and 2 out of the last one.
    I have done the same. I just buy the uncut gems off the AH and cut them resell them. No risk, and easy money.

Why people are still prospecting Titanium (unles you are mining it yourself) is beyond reasoning. I have a miner and I did stock up on Titanium ore, however after prospecting like 3 stacks I quickly realized that this is a total loss for me at this rate and I instead put my ore on the AH which promptly sold for 300g.

I did the math and it seems like you would need amazing luck just to break even when it comes to prospecting titanium.
    80 DK (Blood tank) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Pally (Tank/Holy) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Shammy (Resto/Enhance) 450 JC/450 Enchanting
    80 Lock (Destro) 450 Tailoring/450 Enchanting
    80 Hunter (SV) 450 Mining/450 JC

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    I invested $12,750 in ore, enchanting mats, dragons eyes, etc.
    ouch
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I put about 9k gold into ore within the first few days of it being posted on mmo
    Got like 5 mails full of ore and made a massive killing on patch day and have continued to make a killing all the way up to now.
    Its a nice take back to TBC when you could trade spam and actually make more money than dailys, with near enough every epic gem pattern going at 20g a cut on patch day, 10g a cut now, and near every enchant recipie at 10g, I can sit in Org on off nights and make upwards of 1k an hour

Had 3 guild tabs full of Titanium Ore, prospected it all and got almost 4 full stacks of each color epic gem, and a milion others ><
    Remember I earned bit over 60k the first week and well dno what total where but profitt bigtime yeah

Also used most of the powder to get them new shiny patterns and sold a few dust for 50g each after a few weeks

I had about 60-70 stacks of ore saved up for patch day.

I didn't make any money because I didn't sell anything, but I've managed to keep myself completely stocked in epic gems for my main, his offspec, and my alts mainspec probably until Icecrown.

In retrospect I could have made tons by just reselling the ore but that's offset by the amount I've saved on epic gems so far.