Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: i feel a holy pally nerf coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Go into Prot and not Ret and grab Imp SS, Divinity, and DSacrifice imo :P
    ^
    this was the best raid spec even pre patch just now the guys who did nothing but spam HL are gonna have to lrn it keep ss and beacon on tank keep ur hot up on em and heal the raid like crazy if u see there is bout to be some heavy dmg pop Divine shield+divine sacrifice pre patch this spec was the best all patch did was improve it and force the 1button spammers into using it

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blu
    ^
    this was the best raid spec even pre patch just now the guys who did nothing but spam HL are gonna have to lrn it keep ss and beacon on tank keep ur hot up on em and heal the raid like crazy if u see there is bout to be some heavy dmg pop Divine shield+divine sacrifice pre patch this spec was the best all patch did was improve it and force the 1button spammers into using it
    Pre-patch the Holy/Ret spec was better for Hardmodes, due to the excessive mana gain/Healing done per mana point, and the burst healing provided.

I think keeping tanks alive is MUCH easier with 3.2 than 3.1. Bliz should revert the change to beacon and make it effective healing. At the moment, I beacon the tank, and spam the shit outta our lock. Makes for some nice huge heals.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Quote Originally Posted by wowman
    I think keeping tanks alive is MUCH easier with 3.2 than 3.1. Bliz should revert the change to beacon and make it effective healing. At the moment, I beacon the tank, and spam the shit outta our lock. Makes for some nice huge heals.
    I lol'ed

I feel that one of the above posters were horrible advice and don't know that 40% healing effects have been fixxed...
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Pallies right now are extremely potent and the mana problems are only there if you're bad at managing your heals. (I still haven't dropped the gold on epic gems yet. Doing so would probably give me 33k mana raid buffed making it even easier.) Holy/Prot is definitely still the best spec. It probably got better with the patch.

My healing throughput has gone up a bit from the patch. My weaving's changed a bit because of beacon, and especially the use of HS-FOL combos--those go different places now.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6C...?s=8655&e=8957 hodir in 3.2
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6C...?s=6888&e=7086 kologarn in 3.2

I don't have a parse for it, but last night we 2 pally healed both encounters in TOC10. One-shot everything. This patch was insane. I'm not feeling much love for t9 4pc though.

It's only the bad healers that spam HL nonstop. Good healers use everything like they are supposed to.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    It's only the bad healers that spam HL nonstop. Good healers use everything like they are supposed to.
    Good healers arent afraid to HL spam when necessary. :P

Holy Pallys are fine, leave us alone! >

Holy light has become useless on most fights. I mainly beacon the tank and either sacred shield the other tank for the 50% crit bonus on flash of light so that i'm doing 7kish crits for no mana. Or simply flash of light the raid. Holy light is only useful on fights like Iron council.

The new beacon is so OP.

Calm down. Pallys are supposed to be the best tank healers. They always have been and they will stay that way hopefully. That's what's fun about them. The recent changes to FoL, Beacon and the mana nerf add a little more variety and makes them better at running small groups that need more than a tank healer, but to say that pallys need a major nerf is like saying: healers with HoT's need a major nerf because HoT's are unfair, they heal more than one person at the same time.

Bottomline, pallys will never be able to heal the raid as much and as effeciently as other healing classes, but healing meters are not what pallys are concerned about, they excel at single target healing. That's a choice Blizzard made early on, that's why some players like them and that's why other players rather play other healing classes because there is more to healing than single target healing. Pallys fill a niche in healing that is perfect for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mooboat
    Holy light has become useless on most fights. I mainly beacon the tank and either sacred shield the other tank for the 50% crit bonus on flash of light so that i'm doing 7kish crits for no mana. Or simply flash of light the raid. Holy light is only useful on fights like Iron council.

The new beacon is so OP.
    Holy Light is only useful on fights like Iron Council? You must be joking. You must have great druids, priests or shammys healing beside you otherwise you would cause wipes with what you just described.

What i see from this patch so far:

minuses: Holy Light spam no longer possible, we are dont have infinite mana.
    pluses: Hot from flash does a lot of my healing, with combination with beaocn changes its awesome

Results: I have to put a little of my brain into healing, but i can gem whatever i want, because all stats are kinda cool now. I can equip whatever i can, because it will all benefit me. My healing done is now like 25% from flash(including hot), 25% from Holy light, 25% from beacon and the rest is separated into mostly shocks, sometimes judgements, glyph of holy light and this small stuffs.. much better than 3.1 where it was like 80% HL and 20% rest..

For those who care, iam winning healing meters, or iam second /third, but still veery close to first.

I dont think we need nerf now, this is just balanced and nice..

our ret pallies drop light most the time, on xt hard mode they both had effective heaing over 1.5k. so it wasn't light ticks pushing my heals up to 4.1k. sure 1 raid healer was a recruit so it gave me more to heal. not every fight has enough damage to do this, but high dmage fights are now crazy for pally heals.

i was not a hl spammer in 3.1. i did it when i had to. if flash kept somebody alive easy, that is what i used so i'm not complaining about our current nerf. i'm fine where we are. just saying i doubt blizzard is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Pre-patch the Holy/Ret spec was better for Hardmodes, due to the excessive mana gain/Healing done per mana point, and the burst healing provided.
    I have to disagree with you here. Divine Sacrifice was nearly mandatory for most Ulduar hard modes, and far outweighed the benefits of the extra crit you picked up in the Ret tree.

Quote Originally Posted by jst1998
    Holy Light is only useful on fights like Iron Council? You must be joking. You must have great druids, priests or shammys healing beside you otherwise you would cause wipes with what you just described.
    Well that would make sense if I didn't blow the other healing classes out of the water in healing done every boss. Flash of light + Holy shock out heals holy light any day. Nothing like a holy shock Crit to make your next flash of light instant. Try it sometime? I find that I am just as good a raid healer as a tank healer with this huge beacon buff. ...but then again i was OP before the patch.

Is it a day that ends in 'y'? Then yes, I feel a holy pally nerf coming too.

Paladins right now are solid to the point that they're trivializing content. But maybe that's only in the capable hands that I'm used to seeing in my guild. Time will tell whether or not they get a nerf. I'm starting to see a pattern similar to Feral Druids emerging though--good players facemelting, average ones not doing so well.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I have to disagree with you here. Divine Sacrifice was nearly mandatory for most Ulduar hard modes, and far outweighed the benefits of the extra crit you picked up in the Ret tree.
    Rets had DS/G.

Quote Originally Posted by Veno
    Holy Pallys are fine, leave us alone! >
    Glad someone finally said it...
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely