Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

If this is true, I want race changes. My druid would go Troll and my Pally would go Tauren.

I guess we'll just have to wait a week to see how much of this is actually legit.

If theres people who think the class doesnt make sense, well blizz can bend a little lore like always.

I will explain the class combos 1 by 1

Tauren Priest- Makes sense they will use the same stuff trolls use not the light

Tauren Paladin- Instead of using the light the tauren paladins will be a mix of warriors and shaman/druid

NE mage- highborne

Dwarf Shaman-They're really clsoe to the earth and wildhammers had shamans.

the rest makes sence.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Blargh, people.
    Much of this is just speculation and exaggerated from rumours.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of this was true, some of the race/class combos could be probable, but more or less only
    Human Hunter, Night Elf Mage and Gnome Priest.

Why would the level cap just be 85? Any source for this? Why 5 and not 10? It doesn't have any direct effect on how it is at the new max level, wether it's 85 or 90.

Why would the old world just get fucked up all of a sudden?

Flying mounts in Azeroth is completely unecessary and would just take a huge load of work just to hear people complain that they're being ganked by flying level 90's on 4500% flying mounts in STV.
    Only reason to se Azeroth redesigned for flying mounts would be for a Emerald Dream expansion, which we probably won't see this time.
    (For those who do not know, the Emerald Dream presents Azeroth without sentient beings, thus it would be just one large continent, Kalimdor, since the night elves never would be there to fuck everything up and blow it all to pieces.

And why wouldn't there be a hero class?

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica
    Well. Where did you get this info at all, if you dont have any SOURCES, came it all up in your brilliant mind (this site in general) ?.
    he does have sources, he cant tell you who they are because THEY DONT WANT TO RISK LOSING THEIR JOB ANY MORE THAN THEY ALREADY HAVE BY TELLING BOUB.

... Lets just assume that these reliable sources have jobs. These jobs allow them to access this type of information. Lets just assume... if it was found out who the source was... they would be out of a job.

I am sure someone is not going to cite their source for a basement dweller if it means their job.

It is very close to Blizzcon. All of this information and maybe a little bit more will be announced then. 1 More week. There's usually a little bit of leaked information... certainly these days with all of the tech out there.

Hmm, I wonder if the starting quest will be the same... like go kill these boars over hear or instantly get you into the cataclysm story line... like killing naga instead of boars.
    From my understanding. It is like a massive explosion has happened in the maelstorm which possibly sent typhoons and earthquakes all over Azeroth. The world that we know today... is going to be completely different.

I wonder if they are going to phase Azeroth until you finish your WoTLK questing... to give your character a more linear storyline. It would be strange to level your character in a world filled with Death Wing and Azshara; which has the lich king slain... to then take a portal to Outlands to kill Kael'Thas... not once, but TWICE!

I don't know why everybody is whining. I nearly wet myself in excitement when reading all that. Finally a shift from generic expansions.

New profession + new race / class + new bosses = boring. It is still the same game.

Finally, they are doing something that actually feels game changing. A sense of progression in the WoW universe. Wrathgate was the first taste of it and boy, was it ever so sweet. I'd rather fight in a dynamic world than continually jump to new static ones.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

I wonder why anyone would dislike the changes here. Just sounds like crying because they can to me.

I like the changes. Except Garrosh leading the Horde and Cairne getting assassinated, that sucks major donkey balls. Otherwise, top notch.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    Am I the only person who trusts nothing that comes from SA?

Maybe I'm wrong though, its not like they'd make up some elaborate story to trick people, right?
    I don't believe any of it until Blizz officially announce it.

But, hey, speculating and trying to find the logic behind it is fun. Alot of things do actually make sense, lorewise or with the hints we got in the past months.

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Don't you think if we were able to cite sources, they'd be cited long ago?

Not that you'd need them, you'd already know about them.
    So you post information on the frontpage which "takes a lot for that to happen" but unable to cite where said information came from?

It's one thing to cite an anonymous source --- it's done consistently to protect the source itself in sensitive situations, i.e. police sources, cabinet members, political aides, etc. They're typically done in the style of "A source close to Blizzard has released the following information: " with some snippet about Blizzard not having made an official announcement so the source couldn't be named or a reference to the sensitive nature of the information. All of which translates to "Hey, this is going down. I'm not giving out my name b/c I don't want to be fired. Also, if you want more information in the future you'll protect my identity."

It's another thing to cite no sources and then say you're incapable of actually citing any source.

Quote Originally Posted by kookie
    Why the fuck would Carine get killed by Garrosh?
    Cairne is a really peaceful guy and as a wise leader of the tauren he doesn't want unnecessary war which garrosh likes.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    I don't know why everybody is whining. I nearly wet myself in excitement when reading all that. Finally a shift from generic expansions.

New profession + new race / class + new bosses = boring. It is still the same game.

Finally, they are doing something that actually feels game changing. A sense of progression in the WoW universe. Wrathgate was the first taste of it and boy, was it ever so sweet. I'd rather fight in a dynamic world than continually jump to new static ones.
    Amen, this is what the QQ babies dont understand, They are finally doing something very good, and not taking the easy way, of just making yet a third new continent for us to go to.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

GARROSH YOU SON OF A BITCH! MURDERING CAIRNE? YOU... YOU... YOU... fuck. I hate you to death. Fucking heartless asshole monster. WHAT DID CAIRNE DO TO YOU?!

Hehe. This sounds awfully similar to the letter from a former Blizzard employee that was posted a month or so back. Level 85, rewamped questing, hell yeah!
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account

Does this mean that they will finally finish building the inn in westfall? =o
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    That's the point though. Its not very cool posting uncomfirmed speculation. Everyone gets their hopes up, the info turns out to be wrong, and everyone is disappointed. Stick to facts, its what made so many people respect this site for so long. All this unconfirmed speculation is starting to kill my opinion of this site.
    If it were speculation, it would not be on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik
    gnomes shouldn't get gnomer back they suck and can't beat lvl 30 troggs. trolls should get a new city tho.
    Trolls can get stv >.>, and for gnomer well they can actually get 2 starting areas because blizz needed to revamp the zone above stormwind so that can turn out to be a huge mountain were the river from sw came from mines and the 1-10 levels could be the mountains above gnomer and the shore beside it making it an airfield and submarine base
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong
    Fake. If Thrall is made the Guardian of Tirisfal by Malfurion, then why the Goblins rescue him from an Alliance ship? Why did the Kirin Tor appoint a Shaman to be in charge of all the Magic in Azeroth? What was the result of the Nexus War?
    The Kirin Tor has nothing to do with the Order of Tirisfal.

BUT, the Order of Tirisfal is already up and running, check the WoW Comics to see the new Order. So, yeah, that Malfurion/Thrall doesn't make any sense.

Revamping Azeroth = awesome!

Tauren paladins = awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace
    I hope so. And the bridge in Redridge Mountains (Lakeshire).

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Anyway, I agree with this sounding very great. Although I hope that they revamp alot of zones instead of like 5.

And flying in Azeroth wont take as much time as making a whole new continent. Imagine making a new continent.. you gotta make so much more than simply modifying the huge terrain chunks youve got already.

Although it will probably mean the usual ~30fps in the old world aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    If it were speculation, it would not be on this site.
    You said yourself you cited no sources. The actual post says its unconfirmed. That's speculation.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.