Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Arcus4884

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by annerajb
    For the people that say that restructuring azeroth will take more resources (time) than adding a new continent are missing something.
    the instancing technology does not support different terrain. ie there cannot be a flat area and then on a second phase a slope or something similar.
    it does support adding items for example a giant piece of concrete that felt from that wall and changing the static objects in the game like bridges trees etc.

There are about 5 zones in wow which right now are not finished in game.
    if you want a source for this here:
    http://www.conradaskland.com/blog/wp...inished areas.
    http://www.conradaskland.com/blog/wp...rothflight.jpg

Gilneas
    the area behind zulgurub
    hyjal
    east of undercity
    east of loch modan
    north of stormwind

designing and finishing this zones will take Blizzard less time than creating a whole continent approximately about the same time than maybe one Northernd area.

Also there's already a underwater mount. is only obtainable by fishing.

so it's not as much work as a lot of people thought it will be to finish all the unfinished zones in azeroth.
    also there are some areas like Stormwind where if you fly over it you can see under the ground but that's something really trivial same goes for areas like the ruins of lordaeron on top of UC.
    You're missing out. They are revamping 30 old zones and probably phasing most of them. Plus new zones + flying.
    New races would be lame if they dont start at 55 cause 1-60 is boring as hell atm. It owuld make sense that way. So how is that less work?

Edit: Maybe for each zone a little bit less work, but the total package is a whole lot more work!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor

WTS 1 [Sarcasm Detector].
    If you were just using sarcasm, why did you respond with out it? Its a little hard to cover it up now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Even if they haven't explicitly called THEMSELVES a source of WoW news (we all know they have), many people see them as a source of wow news, and they very well know it. And therefore, they have at bare minimum a modicum of responsibility to present news, not speculation.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic
    All this QQ is just stupid,

What is not awesome about this, dont get it...

You dont get bored of tauren druids, nelf druids...jeez
    It lacks the epicness.
    When TBC came out, you go through the portal and see an epic battle going on, look up and see the most surreal sky ever. It was a breathtaking moment.
    What do we have to look forward to now.

RELEASE DAY! YAY!
    Leveling in barrens all over again. WITH BARRENS CHAT NO LESS, but theres nothing really as wild as TBC was, even some parts of the wotlk release amazed me (porting into Naxxanar in Borean Tundra was crazy, and then the crashed scourge flying thingy...)

im pretty sure that alot of this info if not all is false especially the classes added to the races because they have always wanted to keep the druid count balanced on both sides, and giving horde another without giving allaince one would really piss ppl off. Also ive said this before but i believe the new races what ever they be will be neutral but with 2 side factions (one for horde one ally) which would be one of the reasons they are implimenting faction change soon.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus4884
    You're missing out. They are revamping 30 old zones and probably phasing most of them. Plus new zones + flying.
    New races would be lame if they dont start at 55 cause 1-60 is boring as hell atm. It owuld make sense that way. So how is that less work?
    If I have to level a character.. new or old through revamped zones I am going to seriously...

Tauren Paladin
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt
    lol @ tauren paladins!

The alliance has the Knights of the Silver Hand, and the Hand of Argus.
    The belfs have the Blood Knights.
    The tauren have _________________
    I don't know what they'd be called.

But all the talents would have "Divine" replaced with "Bovine".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Noxous
    Sounds like it would be badass.

BUT

Major question here that I can't believe hasn't been asked....

How on earth would they be able to do this without forcing people who just start the game for the first time to buy all the expansions? None of the content would be on those disks and the data they would have to download would be MASSIVE.

im imagining a sort of quest line you do that leads to the cataclysm , follwed by a cinimatic and then boom! ur in the world after. And if u so choosed to go back there would be a portal. i dont imagine it being phased. just a continent that resembles the old one but is seperate

Arcus4884

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    If I have to level a character.. new or old through revamped zones I am going to seriously...
    Who said oyu have to?
    but if the new races start at level 1 and you want one its your choice to make

This would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E

And I jizz in my pant ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Over and over

Hmmm this sounds just like the premise of some other game ...... OH YEAH! EQ2

The overall changes sound lame , with alot of lore breaking going on. Human Hunters? There was only one , and the NE decided to never again train a human as a hunter because of the way it turned out.

Goblins joining the horde? Goblins have always been neutral going where the money was , and have always been slaves to Deathwing - so why would they care now? Also that means all goblin towns (BootyBay, Gadgetzan, Area52, etc) become Horde towns - byby some alliance quests and neutral AH.

But honestly we'll see next week , and if this is what they announce you'll hear a boo from me , followed by my quitting of the game.

Tempor

I don't like it at all, I hope it's all crap and blizz are trying to toy with us so they can release information at blizzcon which no one expected (or atleast, not everybody). Tauren Paladins? Troll Druids? i mean.. WTF? Seems a bit too dodgy to me. I know things will look different in azeroth, but i want new names, new places, new factions never seen of before. i don't want to be questing in Barrens with the Trade chat spam "WHURS MANKRIKS WIFE!!?11"

Aswell, that whole thing about Thrall giving Garrosh leader of the Horde is just stupid, i doubt Thrall would be that retarded lore wise to hand over leader to someone that has showed him up countless times, he would know that Garrosh would start war on the Alliance as soon as he is the Horde leader... jeez. I can see many people quiting the game over stuff like this, if blizzard announced something like this at blizzcon, with the Azeroth revamp.. i can imagine a lot of "BOO" in the audience... This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HitAndMiss
    They have no duty ... implied, legal, or otherwise ... to assume the "responsibility" you would force on them. People should be able to come here, read what is being said, and make up their own minds if it has creditability or not. mmo-champions.com should not have to babysit anyone because they tear up every time a piece of information is posted about their addiction. It is absurd to treat this website, a video game website that does not publicly proclaimed itself as any serious news outlet, as such. Especially given this website's proven track record of pulling this sort of thing and then being proven accurate very shortly afterward. The suggestion is completely asinine.
    I'm not forcing it upon them, they should be on themselves. Whether you think it or not, this web site is and has been stated as a valid source of wow news and with that they're responsible for information they post being accurate. Whether it's for gaming news or any other kind of news it's their responsibility for doing so, just because the news isn't as important as any real world news doesn't make that untrue. Obviously they do take it that seriously or they'd post every single bit of information about wow that comes along, which they don't do and any information that isn't 100% confirmed they do state it not being so.

It's not illegal for them, or anyone, to post misinformation, however when they obviously try to 'cover' themselves from being inaccurate it's pretty obvious they do take posting information seriously and as such do implement a certain amount of responsibility in posting that information.

Deleted

Awesome, looking forward to it in a serious way.

This is going to make/break wow though for sure, very interested to see how this all plays out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus4884
    Who said oyu have to?
    but if the new races start at level 1 and you want one its your choice to make
    The revamped zones... meaning leveling from 80 to X (New cap) through stale, and old content.. with shiny new trees, flowers and possibly an occasional dead gnome on a tauren impaled on a pike.. If I have to level my main through Elwynn Forest REVAMPED. I will go on a rampage.

Tauren Paladin..

Wrong, so wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil
    Source or it didn't happen...
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    No, don't beat around the bush, directly tell me - what blocks an orc from using arcane magic?
    Well reading this post and all of its lore breaking I guess nothing. However warlocks came about by shamans that drank the demonic blood, they were never mages nor were any Orcs ever mages.

If you want proof go play Warcraft3.