Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by jvv
    maybe, using phasing, u wont be able to go to zones having lvl85 mobs in it
    Good point. Still dont like 5 levels - but have to admit that would solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    Not guaranteed. Think about what happens if you go tanking under the def cap

If the crush,crit, and resist table is going a lot steeper after 80, a 85 mob can well hit like a 95 one.
    True.... having experienced someone tanking gluth with 420 defence..... I can honestly say it wasnt pretty :P

Quote Originally Posted by McGnarlz
    The bronze dragonflight goes back in time to right past wrongs (or get heroes to do it).
    Not sure this is true...... The Infinate dragonflight goes back to "right wrongs" (as they see it). The Bronze dragonflight sends heroes back to make sure things happen as they should - and stop the Infinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiyan
    Consider this a "progress" update. Time has passed since the game started. Old world have never reflected this really. Now it will, and infact will be the focus of the game again.are
    When you roll a new character if you ever listen to the short vid that plays I believe is says things like "5 years ago"......... well thats wrong now - the game has been around for around 5 years, so surely its now 10 years ago... Updating the old world is a good idea - makes it feel like the landscape is changing more as events change in the game.

You may start a new character - and in a way want to work through all the "lore" in WoW to get to the endgame - but its a little unrealistic to continue doing that when events around you should have changed things. Its far better to create a new character now that starts in the "current" time, at least to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    A well geared lvl80 would be able to do "final zone" quests - or at least kill lvl85 mobs.
    Not guaranteed. Think about what happens if you go tanking under the def cap

If the crush,crit, and resist table is going a lot steeper after 80, a 85 mob can well hit like a 95 one.
    peolpe could clear lvl 80 naxx at lvl 70 so i realy think the 5 lvls wont be an issue, lvl up whislt raiding!!! :P

thinking about it, peolpe did Sarth 3D 25 man at 70... :P

Sooo...does this mean that Grim Batol might finally be open? Dare I dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk
    Or maybe because he likes the lore of the warcraft series and how Cairne's one of the few "leaders" of any race with a cool head and no need to show off his impressive brute force.
    True, true.

But doing the unexpected (like killing off the hero in a movie) can sometimes be good, guess it depends on you're views ofc....
    Meh

Durotar is wrecked and apparently Orgrimmar could be destroyed. A new Orc city is rebuilt over the course of the expansion.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ??? WTF ???

It looks really good. Only these things look crappy / not-true

Dwarf shaman. When did they turn from civilicated race into aboriginals?

Tauren Paladin. Same as dwarfs but on other way.

Goblins as playable race. Bullshit. They might take sides, but only when they are paid enough.

Worgen MIGHT work, but i think it would still be bad thing.

Azhara turned into 10-20 zone. Not gonna work. Just think what happens when people run into that pre-TBC raid boss dragon. That would be too sad

Durotar & Orgrimmar destroyed. Bad bad bad. It might work for players who start wow whit this expansion, but if it looks much more worse than old one old players would complain alot.

Thrall as guardian of tirisfall, and malfurion training him. WORST BULLSHIT EVER. It would never work becose they are chosen by council, which is made by alliance & becouse Medivh was last guardian and has been long dead, so they cant get his powers into thrall.

New horde. If thrall WILL move to somewhere else, this could work. If not, it works never. No way Thrall is turning into bloodlusted demon-spawn who wants blood.

Other stuff is really great. I will look foward to news abaut expansion.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcokacola

Goblins as playable race. Bullshit. They might take sides, but only when they are paid enough.

Azhara turned into 10-20 zone. Not gonna work. Just think what happens when people run into that pre-TBC raid boss dragon. That would be too sad

Durotar & Orgrimmar destroyed. Bad bad bad. It might work for players who start wow whit this expansion, but if it looks much more worse than old one old players would complain alot.

Thrall as guardian of tirisfall, and malfurion training him. WORST BULLSHIT EVER. It would never work becose they are chosen by council, which is made by alliance & becouse Medivh was last guardian and has been long dead, so they cant get his powers into thrall.

New horde. If thrall WILL move to somewhere else, this could work. If not, it works never. No way Thrall is turning into bloodlusted demon-spawn who wants blood.

just like duskwood etc...i dont see the problem

The new council of Tirisfal is already forming/formed. There is no reason they could not chose Thrall as the new Guardian.

I for one, do not doubt any of this, but I cant say I like some of the changes.

I really dont see a point for adding more classes to the different races, and even though I dont play horde, I did play Warcraft 1-3...Thrall passing leadership of the Horde to Garrosh? Really? Even after the way he acted in WotLK? Why not pass it to Cairne? IMO he is the most level headed and reliable race leader, and Blizz is killing him off.

I am really looking forward to Goblins and Worgen being playable...any word on what their playable classes could be? I also cant wait to see what awaits us in Hyjal. With it being such an epic battle at the end of WC3 I have high hopes for that zone.

Oh and for all you idiots asking to reveal the source...unless a Blizz employee won the lottery or something (and doubtful even then) they arent going to just say "Oh here is all this information about the new expansion. You can quote me on this on."

Well it looks like I will be paying for the Blizzcon live feed after all.
    Timmy was a chemist's son, alas he is no more.
    For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcokacola

While I also remain very dubious, I think a lot of your reasons make little to no sense.

Dwarf shamans: See the Wildhammer Clan

Tauren were never "uncivilized". They are actually quite noble and honorable. They just don't generally revere the light.

Goblins were allied with the Horde in some of the old RPGs.

The level 60 world raid dragons are already hidden away. Did you know there's one in Duskwood? Duskwood is also 10-20.

Sig by Isilrien

destroying orgrimmar and killing cairne ( my favorite boss) are the worst things they could do..... seriously stop smoking blizz !

sweet.. im sure boub has his reasons.. as i said, in boub we trust :P
    It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account

Tauren and Night Elfs should keep their uniqueness to be the only race who can be druids.
    Gnome priest... well, gnomes are the only race that has no sort of healer class.
    So that would be kinda cool.
    Undead hunters? Noo... Sylvanas is indeed a hunter, but you must remember she was a night elf before she became an undead,
    so she has sorta kept her hunter skills trough death.
    I am not much of a lore digger.
    I just hope the changes won't ruin the game. As this is only rumours, i remain with the hope of not seeing such a major change...
    "Noting beats the sight of gnomes runing arround in fear, consumed by fire!"
    Sharain - Fire warlock

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sharain
    Tauren and Night Elfs should keep their uniqueness to be the only race who can be druids.
    Gnome priest... well, gnomes are the only race that has no sort of healer class.
    So that would be kinda cool.
    Undead hunters? Noo... Sylvanas is indeed a hunter, but you must remember she was a night elf before she became an undead,
    so she has sorta kept her hunter skills trough death.
    I am not much of a lore digger.
    I just hope the changes won't ruin the game. As this is only rumours, i remain with the hope of not seeing such a major change...
    Remember, that guy in EPL (his name escapes me) is a Undead Hunter, there is no reason Undead cant be hunters, they are after all, just dead humans

For all the people complaining about only five levels:

A) If it takes longer, it means you have to do more quests/spend more time in a zone, meaning you're going to probably be more immersed into the lore, which for this xpac if this is all true seems to be the biggest focus (for once!). I fail to see what the problem is there. If any of you come back at me with "Well I don't care about the lore" then why the FoK are you playing this game? I mean sure, the pvpnuts out there have an alternative reason, but if the sole reason you play is "just because" or "just for gear", then seriously, go get some help. You're doing something for no reason that takes up a lot of time and resources, I think there's a medical condition called that, other then moronitidiosis.

B) I highly doubt leveling an alt would suddenly become so much harder. Blizz had been streamlining the leveling process since before Wrath's release, I doubt they'd go so far as to undo what they've done.

C) Again. Lore. Progression. Time has passed since release. A LOT has happened. Time for things to reflect that.

AND reflecting the post Bou made clarifying things, I'd like to point out that that last bit about Cairne being murdered and Thrall being the new chosen and so on and so forth was the only bit pulled from SomethingAwful. If anything, that is the one bit I'm hesitant to believe then, the rest I'll buy into. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

On a side note: I'm more inclined to think Med'dan would be chosen as the next Guardian. Of orcish decent none the less, but definitely not Thrall. And someone made a comment that I like to see: Medivh (or more so his spirit) is still around somewhere doing something. It's assumptions like that he's dead that gave rise to the idea that "ZOMG DEATHWING AND AZSHARA! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!11!" Unless you have seen a blizzard post saying that someone is dead, then never assume they are. Blizzard pulls this one from Marvel. The only people so far that I can safely say are "dead" at this point would be Illidan (Blizz confirmed that one a while back), Kael'thas, and MOST other raid bosses up to this point. But keep in mind, this is a fantasy world, all it takes is a powerful spell and some cheese factor and anyone can be brought back in some form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla
    Why "lack" of lore ? I only call this "development" of lore.
    Who did I quote with that and what did they say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.