High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

AHHHHH ANOTHER 40 BUCKS FOR NOTHING!! :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rietz
    needs to get a fuckin' life.

We herd ur life was pathetic so we put some drama up in ur video game drama so you could enjoy the drama while enjoying the drama.

Sorry, I found that utterly ironic from someone whose sigfile was:

Again, I apologize for laughing so much when you call out someone for not having a life then boasting the time spent on those characters.

Hypocrisy is the new black.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

I personally can't wait if this is in fact true. People whine and complain like always when something is going to be released, but as soon as they see screen shots their minds begin to change and think hey this might not be as bad as I thought. As time goes on, things are slowly leaked and released to build up for release day. Just wait and see. I'm sure some of the things Blizzard will be doing for this rehash of old content will blow us away.

While I enjoy some of the ideas being introduced and _really_ like the idea of the two new races, the whole "new race/class" combinations is stupid.

This shouldn't be a selling, enough already, just let every race be every class and be done with it. Even _if_ they needed an rp reason, (which really, they don't), they can pull reasons out of their arses easily enough to justify _anything_.

I don't want the next expansion after this to be "hey, still only one new class after 8 years, but this year gnomes can be druids omg!"

That's my only beef with this expansion. /rant off

I really doubt they will revamp big parts of Azeroth. Even if the idea is nice, nah...they wont do it. Level cap at 85? Maybe. I don't believe in new classes either...to much work.

Quote Originally Posted by aggression
    I really doubt they will revamp big parts of Azeroth. Even if the idea is nice, nah...they wont do it. Level cap at 85? Maybe. I don't believe in new classes either...to much work.
    You realize they probably have been in development of this since BC was in beta right? It takes literally years to pump this content out. It's not like they stopped working on things when Wrath launched and then Ulduar came out and they were like "Oh Shit we'd better start working on an expansion ZOMG."

WoW makes more money then some third world countries. I'm fairly certain they have multiple teams working on different aspects of WoW. I'm sure they have content ready for the next expansion after Cataclysm too. Blizzard has broad plans far into the future. Yes they fine tune things as release dates get closer and technology changes, but they have the next 5 years mapped out and the direction that they want to take the game to keep it current and relevant. So give them a little credit.

Quote Originally Posted by szass
    I made an account just to reply to this.

WoW Cataclysm = WoW 2.0 and I can't wait !!

I hope this means all of Azeroth is being re-done ! I don't think they are just going to plant some flowers and put in a few new park benches. I bet Blizzard has been working on this revamp for a long time already.Old zones they don't need anymore will be destroyed and some old zones will be redone as higher level zones.Some new zones will be added as well.I bet that they ALL get a graphical update.

I hope they make leveling from 1-58 faster for everyone who isn't a DK and a revamp gives them the ability to redo all the leveling quests for more xp and get new toons up to current content easier.New starting zones and new leveling areas? Yes please.

Cataclysm means DESTRUCTION and CHANGE on a MASSIVE scale. And I for one hope they RE DO EVERYTHING.Sure there will be some vanilla whiners but blizz doesn't care about them because 99.9% of the players buy the expansions.New player won't get to experience "Old Azeroth" ,but "New Azeroth" will be better anyways.

Leveling from 80-85 sounds great ! From what I've heard leveling is going to be more about epic events and questlines like Wrathgate and less about kill 15 wolves and collect pelts.
    Select dungeons and raids, not all of them, will get revamped and redone like Ony.Some will simply be destroyed I bet.New dungeons and raids will get added in the new zones.
    All in all, it sounds awesome.

I heard another rumor about customizable ships and submarines,required to reach the new undersea areas, that would be cool too.It would end the player housing QQ for the most part.

It is time for Azeroth to move forward, and Blizzard ALWAYS delivers a premium product.I can't wait.
    they should just destroy outland and northrend and just bring everything back to kalimdor and eastern kingdom, 1-85 all on those two continents

Damn, Blood Elf Warriors.. That's what I wanted to roll when TBC came out (before I knew what would be possible). I hope I'll be able to change my Undead into a Blood Elf in the future..

Rest of the expansion seems pretty damn cool to me. Can't wait!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

better get your hydrocanes lol. if they do revamp gnomeragan i wonder if u will ever be able to get one again? same with the flame reflector. once that staff and the +15% swim speed belt totally saved my ass in grizzly hills. but flying in azeroth i dunno. think of how much faster ground can be covered for bored dicks to find lowbies leveling and just gank them. hehe im going to have to have fun with the humans and gnomes. lure then with a lv1 pet while i hide so they attack it then i pwn them. oh crap forgot i can only get lv75 pets lawl unless goblins can be hunters i'll make a new one there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoodle
    I don't know has this said before, but seeing this post just got me a great idea:

I vote Hogger to be a new lvl 85 outdoor boss / an ultra rare mob like time-lost proto drake!
    I agree Hogger outdoor raid boss would be epic.

I haven't been through the entire thread so I don't know if this has been asked.

Does this means towns like Ratchet and Gadgetzan will lose their neutrality and turn Horde? Will there be any new neutral cities to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpockPinyata
    I haven't been through the entire thread so I don't know if this has been asked.

Does this means towns like Ratchet and Gadgetzan will lose their neutrality and turn Horde? Will there be any new neutral cities to go to?

No, most likely not. The Goblins have dozens of Trade Princes, and each of them has their own little faction of Goblins. Most likely not going to change the neutrality of any Goblin factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Runesmith
    No, most likely not. The Goblins have dozens of Trade Princes, and each of them has their own little faction of Goblins. Most likely not going to change the neutrality of any Goblin factions.
    What might happen though is that Goblins start out friendlier with the Steamwheedle cartel, or depending on their reasons for joining(exclusive trading rights with the Horde is a pretty good deal for example) - hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffins
    What might happen though is that Goblins start out friendlier with the Steamwheedle cartel, or depending on their reasons for joining(exclusive trading rights with the Horde is a pretty good deal for example) - hated.
    you can't do hate, how you gon level in those places then

LFC Draenei Warlocks 8) They would be beast!

All the world of warcraft interns spill coffee on character information servers all around the planet at the same time... surprise WoW: Cataclysm!!!

Yea so um. I can be a worgen.... that can be human? So basically... I have a new race that isn't a new race? lol or maybe you can turn into a human right before you do reputation turn ins for the bonus :-)

I'm sorry guys, all this just sounds really stupid to me. Old gods? my old god is WoW pre-BC when it was actually fun lol.

And if they want to make leveling sooooo easy, why the hell don't they just make it so that players who already have a 55+ character just just make level 55 alts? Hell it worked for death knights. Hell why not go even higher and let them have 70+ alts? Last time I checked too they haven't made professions that much easier to level, why not reduce the number of older mats required eh? Lord knows ive mined enough copper in these last 5 years.

Oh one last little anger spout, goblins + orcs on the same side... can you say Warhammer Online? how cliche

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    I vote Hogger to be the first legendary mount since the AQ buggy.

A flying mount.
    Yeah... when pigs fly maybe.... oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by jamaknmecrzy
    Oh one last little anger spout, goblins + orcs on the same side... can you say Warhammer Online? how cliche
    Yes, I know. There's never EVER in the HISTORY of Warcraft been a time when the Goblins and Orcs were ever on the same side! It's so cliche! They've never done it! Certainly, Warhammer Online did it first. Definitely. No one could say otherwise.

FINALLY Uldum is going to become a dungeon/raid/zone! I've did that quest many years ago and always wondered about it.

But the whole worgen thing seems a little weird. The whole two forms thing? It would seem more believable if it were more like a racial.

Now, the whole thrall becoming the next guardian thing, I'll believe that, but him leaving leadership of the horde to Garrosh? Maybe leader of the Orcs, but I would see him leaving it to Cairne or Sen'Jin before that ever happens for what appears to happen.

The Gnomeragen thing, it would upset the game if that were to happen. Give the trolls a nice city while you're at it also.

Now you are saying all of these race/class combinations are going to be available, but I have yet to see Tauren rogue, BE warrior and even UD druid (yes, I wanna see a rotting bear).

Now, since they are redoing all of these Azeroth stuffs, why don't they redo the Undead's armor or how about the race as a whole? I think it's pretty screwed up that I spend all that time raiding just to get the best armor in the game and yet it's all screwed up in exactly the same place? I mean seriously, from afar, it probably looks like some old dude. Who's there to really say that this plague infected only the humans? I wanna see some undead gnomes and tauren. My argument is that DK's can be any race, well why not Undead? The undead aren't really a race, but a defected party from the scourge, so it wouldn't be selective of who was in it, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    ...should society start rewarding me because I haven't murdered anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalan
    At least the barrens will be more interesting..... And by interesting, I mean on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoodle
    I vote Hogger to be a new lvl 85 outdoor boss / an ultra rare mob like time-lost proto drake!
    If they honestly put this to the vote and let players decide I would have to say it would look something like this:
    Should we make Hogger (lvl 10 elite in Elwynn Forest) a lvl 85 Ultra Rare mob that drops an epic land mount (land mount just because riding on Hogger's back would be HILARIOUS)?
    Yes. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll 99%
    No. l 1%
    With that 1% being the Newbs and N00bs (yes there is a diffrence!)