Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Paragon 10-Man Ragnaros Kill, Cenarion Hatchling Pet, Blue Posts, Artworks

Paragon kills Heroic Ragnaros in 10-Man
    Since Paragon still holds the only recorded kill of Ragnaros in heroic mode, it is probably worth reporting that they also killed the 10-Man version as well. Congratulations to them, see their statement below!

After a very deserving break from a tight raiding schedule that we kept for the past few weeks, we went back in to the Firelands. The goal was pretty simple: Check out the fights on 10-man heroic to gauge their relative difficulty compared to 25-mans. There's been so much discussion on various community sites about this topic, saying that 10-mans are "overtuned" and near unkillable and whatnot. Others saying it's the other way around.

After a quick clear of the filler bosses yesterday, we decided to go all out on Ragnaros today. We begun importing our 25-man tactics and had multiple very silly wipes. Once we realized we could just ditch the overly complicated tactics, we made several P4 wipes. Soon afterwards we were able to slay him and get the world first 10-man Ragnaros Heroic kill as well.

All in all, Ragnaros on the 10-man Heroic mode took 32 wipes in total with everything (such as multiple disconnects) included.

Adopt a Pet and Support Japan Earthquake Relief by July 31
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Until July 31, when you purchase the latest World of Warcraft companion up for adoption in the online Pet Store, we’re donating 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee to the American Red Cross's Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief efforts.

This is a great time to tame the wild and noble Cenarion Hatchling! This little critter is the twin of the rare Hippogryph Hatchling pet players could randomly encounter in the first World of Warcraft Trading Card Game set, Heroes of Azeroth -- and he's emerged from the forests to lend a helping talon to some friends in need. This support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to victims of this disaster.

To learn more, please visit the Pet Store FAQ.

The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion, or political position. For more information about the American Red Cross, visit http://www.redcross.org.

Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects -- Excerpt Two
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Written by New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden, the new novel Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects is now on store shelves. We’re pleased to present a series of three excerpts from the novel for your reading enjoyment.

Read the second excerpt below.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    Feral performance in PvE
    That said, we're happy with Feral performance in PvE overall. It we were to nerf Predatory Swiftness, it'd have a minor impact on PvE. Unheeded Warning is both a PvE and PvP problem. The particular mechanics of the trinket keep it disproportionately powerful for Feral druids. Nerfing Berserk would have PvE ramifications, but we'll take steps overall to make sure your dps doesn’t drop in PvE. We do everything we can to ensure we're considering all aspects of gameplay when approaching class balance. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Feral stealth isn't superior to Rogue's
    Given that they are exactly the same mechanically, this shouldn't be the case. This has been a particularly pervasive myth that I'd like to lay to rest. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The fact that this shouldn't be the case, doesn't mean it isn't. Also, saying its a myth, or believing it must be, does not make it so.
    You're correct. Merely saying something isn't so, doesn't mean a thing.

Knowing that they're the same ability used by different classes, and knowing that this exact issue has been tested, repeatedly, in response to claims otherwise, does. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Feral Instinct
    This is correct, choosing the Feral spec and gaining Feral Instinct merely brings Feral spec Stealth into line with Rogue baseline stealth (whose talents have been rolled into the ability). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Art Gallery Update
    The World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Art gallery has been updated with three pieces representing the Warcraft universe.

Those artworks are just....gorgeous.

Grats Paragon! I WANT MY DAMN VIDEO!

What's especially intriguing is how the Hellfire artwork is so starkly similar to the landscape on Mars. I guess that was the inspiration for the zone. Silly me to take this long to realize this.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-07-23 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And people thought Noxa would get the world first 10 man.

Paragon needs to split into 1 25man guild and 2 10man guilds so they can have a real race for world first

10+ Year Old Account
    Now they just need a death knight to solo it, and they're set.

...but did they use any Shamans?

Wow I wish the graphics of the game looked like how it does as those art gallery pictures. That would be insane.

Deleted
    Gz paragon once again.

lol still no shaman. suck it blizzard

Grats again to Paragon, and some awesome artwork.

Quote from Paragon raider zYN:

Which felt more challenging? 25-man by about a mile and then some. Really, the 10-man heroic bosses just rolled over and gave loot. Ragnaros was a tiny bit challenging, but that was because we tried approaching it in an overly complicated manner (ie., tried to carry over our 25-man tactics).

There's really no argument even to be made that 10's are at all harder or "overtuned." They're easier for a multitude of reasons. And that's not a bad thing, considering some of the limitations.
    Last edited by Matik; 2011-07-23 at 05:56 AM.

Gz to Paragon I think it's safe to assume they're currently dominating PvE content and will probably do so for a long time ahead.. RIP Ensidia.

Anything gets easy if you already know the tactics.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions about 10 man being easier than 25 man think about this: They have already killed 25 man and have experience on the fight with 500+ wipes.

hmm, looks like they have:
    1 Protection Pally, 1 Holy Pally, 1 Resto Druid, 1 Feral Druid, 2 Balance Druids, 1 Mage, 1 Rogue, 1 Death Knight and 1 Warlock

Still no Shammy...I Wonder why?
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 2011-07-23 at 05:56 AM.

lol 32 wipes, as opposed to 500+ wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleet View Post
    Before anyone jumps to conclusions about 10 man being easier than 25 man think about this: They have already killed 25 man and have experience on the fight with 500+ wipes.
    Right, and they didn't know the fight after 32 wipes on 25 man? Surely they knew it after 100, 200, 300, 400, 500...

There are more variables in 25 man, and thus more things can go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    lol 32 wipes, as opposed to 500+ wipes.
    They already had their strat with the 25 man it's not like it's a totally different encounter on ten mans. btw on my alt warrior I know it's only reg firelands but we pugged a 25 man FL's and we one shotted all the bosses up until rag, with half the raid dying almost on every fight which was ridiculous. One person dies on 10 and it's pretty much a wipe.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Right, and they didn't know the fight after 32 wipes on 25 man? Surely they knew it after 100, 200, 300, 400, 500...

There are more variables in 25 man, and thus more things can go wrong.
    With three Brez, three ankhs and alot of lawlz. I still say they're about the same I suppose, but who am I to argue I've done both.

Deleted
    Talking from my own experience now, you can wipe 200 times on a boss before killing it and never wipe on it again, even tho you surely know exactly what's happening after 50 wipes. Don't know why but bosses tend to get "much easier" after you actually kill em for the first time..