Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Oh yes I do. Fel is the last step on the patch of using arcane. Warlocks are ex-mages. Tell me, how can an orc be only a warlock, but not a mage? How is an orc not allowed to take the arcane using step? Are they exclusively supposed to either use fel straight away or wield no magic at all?

No my good man, YOU don't read the lore.
    So..much...fail
    Like the phoenix, rising from the flames...so shall this epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire & flight. This is a night of transcendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    We've killed Old Gods, Corrupted Dragon Flights, The Burning Legion and even killed one of their leaders (archimonde)..

But hey.. watch out for those zombies.. they bite.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jon The Wizard
    Thrall, Guardian of Tirisfal: Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I mean, it makes sense since he's playing peacemaker between the Alliance and Horde, but Magus Thrall? Go Thrall! But this leads me to ask, what happened to Medivh? Did he die? Did he give his powers to Thrall? Is he a pod person in Uldum? Did he join the Burning Legion? Is he responsible for the Cataclysm?
    You won't see it coming, at least as Guardian, since Med'an is pretty much taking that stop. Medivh is also coming back to the Order, recruited by his son Med'an.

ALL of this is on the WoW Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    My point is that it's not confirmed, they said so themselves. It could be wrong. They don't have an official source on this. If they did, they would say so. Even if they couldn't say WHO it was, they could at least let us know they HAVE a source. But they didn't, they did the exact opposite by admitting it to be speculation. That's not responsible for a "news organization".
    Im having a difficult time finding the place on the website where they call themselves a news organization.
    This isnt about FoxNews vs. CNN vs. MSNBC vs et cetera ... this is a video game site. If you need real world credentials then you are taking this entirely too seriously and you need to get out of the house.
    Fanboy (fan·boy) -noun

1. Individual characterized by refusal to apply similar judgment to a specific product or service they apply to all other products and/or services similar in nature. (ex. first impressions, expectation of quality, expedience of improvement and/or solutions)
    2. Individuals with marked reactions in passionate defense of a specific product or service. related; see Objectivist

Arcus4884

Cataclysm
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The cataclysm is the Greek expression for the Deluge, from the Greek kataklysmos, to 'wash down' (kluzein "wash" + kata "down") and it has also been used to describe events such as the Flood, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the tenth plague of Egypt. The modern usage of cataclysm is mostly confined to geological phenomena of high significance, such as the destruction of Pompeii, the Tunguska event, or the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake. Today the word is used to describe catastrophes of extreme devastation and magnitude.

10+ Year Old Account

Something I thought up of, if you really think about it almost all the goblin cities are near the coast. If things are indeed getting flooded then it makes sense for the goblins to join the horde. The only goblin towns that are not by the coast is Everlook and Mudsprocket but even they are sorta close.

Sounds like it would be badass.

BUT

Major question here that I can't believe hasn't been asked....

How on earth would they be able to do this without forcing people who just start the game for the first time to buy all the expansions? None of the content would be on those disks and the data they would have to download would be MASSIVE.

Lets see how they will manage this out :> I hope that they do it well IF they do it.
    Because.. This is really epic change?

IMO the old world should be instanced, like when you are low level you still have old azeroth but when you reach lvl 70 or 80 it will be CATACLYSMED.
    yo

Ok... i think this is absolutely brilliant, who gives a rat's hairy ass if the new class/race combos make sense or not? Its gonna be fun, also its great for the new people who will play the game and its also great if you wanna level a new character.

I am pretty much excited about everything written in this post.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jon The Wizard
    Well, this is a lot to take in. Lemme look at all this in retrospect...
    The World
    Azeroth 2.0: I love the idea of some of these zones getting an overhaul. Like Thousand Needles and Azshara, ESPECIALLY Azshara finally getting the love it needs. Maybe old-world flight will become reality too! Just a moment, I'm getting word that IT IS! We finally get to fly over Old-World Azeroth! And I love how the Gnomes FINALLY get Gnomeregan back.
    The Return Of Malfurion Stormrage: Let me just say, my little lore nerd is going crazy with glee.
    Thrall, Guardian of Tirisfal: Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I mean, it makes sense since he's playing peacemaker between the Alliance and Horde, but Magus Thrall? Go Thrall! But this leads me to ask, what happened to Medivh? Did he die? Did he give his powers to Thrall? Is he a pod person in Uldum? Did he join the Burning Legion? Is he responsible for the Cataclysm?
    Warchief Garrosh Hellscream: Grom would be proud of the little emo-turn-super-badass fruit of his loins.
    Bloodhoof the Betrayer...And Betrayed: Aw. I liked the old cow...
    High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof: ...but he'll do just fine.
    Gilneas and the Worgen: Suddenly, Pyrewood Village makes a lot more sense. And I love it.
    The Goblins: Come to the Horde, little Goblins. We will protect you. Then we will make you badass!
    Level Cap: 85: Well well...That's different. I woulda thought it'd be 90. Oh well, less time between level and redundant raiding.

Classes
    Human Hunter: Next Blizz will listen to my idea of a Ted Nugent NPC...
    Orc Mage: Finally those kickass casting animations will be taken full advantage of.
    Night Elf Mage: ...Or maybe not.
    Dwarf Mage: See Orc Mage, copy-paste.
    Blood Elf Warrior: Neat!
    Dwarf Shaman: Dwarves get two new classes that take advantage of their great casting animations?! Oh my god this is the greatest MMO expansion I've ever seen in my life!
    Undead Hunter: Doctor Unlivingston, I presume?
    Tauren Paladin: Holy cow! Oh come on, they set me up for that pun!
    Tauren Priest: The tauren found god! I mean other than the Earthmother.
    Gnome Priest: Maybe this game ought to be called "World of Priestcraft" now that all but the Orcs have the Priest class...
    Troll Druid: And yet they'll STILL be the least-played race of the entire game...

New Races
    Goblin: Oh boy! The Horde finally gets a small race!
    Worgen: And the Alliance get another tall race!

Deathwing: Deathwing is going to attack us?! Oh my god, this truly IS the greatest MMO expansion I've ever seen in my life! And I don't say that lightly!
    The Naga: We finally get to kill the snake-men! Hooray! That's for killing me when I was level 52!
    Revamping Old-World Dungons: LFG Heroic Deadmines, PST.
    The New Zones: We finally get to see the World Tree in its...Roof-Of-The-World-scraping-goodness.

I await updates to this with bated breath!
    I lol'd

15+ Year Old Account

Someone is wrong. Either mmo-champion or something awful. Because they are reporting two different stories for the goblins.

Edit: Zeal made a booboo, sorry :x
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by wadark
    That's not what my complaint is. I would understand if my first post got lost in the tidal wave of this thread, but in it I stated right out that some of it makes sense, some of it sounds REALLY cool, and there's a more than fair chance that most if not all of it could be true (my feelings about the new races notwithstanding).

My point is that it's not confirmed, they said so themselves. It could be wrong. They don't have an official source on this. If they did, they would say so. Even if they couldn't say WHO it was, they could at least let us know they HAVE a source. But they didn't, they did the exact opposite by admitting it to be speculation. That's not responsible for a "news organization".
    Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.
    I'm definitely not speculating here.
    not speculating here.
    not speculating

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Noxous

BUT

How on earth would they be able to do this without forcing people who just start the game for the first time to buy all the expansions? None of the content would be on those disks and the data they would have to download would be MASSIVE.
    Through phasing. Blizzard already done this in EPL, with the Death Knight starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by HitAndMiss
    Im having a difficult time finding the place on the website where they call themselves a news organization.
    This isnt about FoxNews vs. CNN vs. MSNBC vs et cetera ... this is a video game site. If you need real world credentials then you are taking this entirely too seriously and you need to get out of the house.
    While it may not be a serious news website, a lot of people look to this site for WoW news, therefor they have a responsibility to be accurate on that. Then again, when a majority of your readers can barely comprehend the news that is posted and cries at every nerf or change it probably doesn't matter. The point is that any respectable news website, regardless of what type of news that is, should hold themselves responsible for posting accurate information and not just dribble that anyone can find on the web.

For the people that say that restructuring azeroth will take more resources (time) than adding a new continent are missing something.
    the instancing technology does not support different terrain. ie there cannot be a flat area and then on a second phase a slope or something similar.
    it does support adding items for example a giant piece of concrete that felt from that wall and changing the static objects in the game like bridges trees etc.

There are about 5 zones in wow which right now are not finished in game.
    if you want a source for this here:
    http://www.conradaskland.com/blog/wp...inished areas.
    http://www.conradaskland.com/blog/wp...rothflight.jpg

Gilneas
    the area behind zulgurub
    hyjal
    east of undercity
    east of loch modan
    north of stormwind

designing and finishing this zones will take Blizzard less time than creating a whole continent approximately about the same time than maybe one Northernd area.

Also there's already a underwater mount. is only obtainable by fishing.

so it's not as much work as a lot of people thought it will be to finish all the unfinished zones in azeroth.
    also there are some areas like Stormwind where if you fly over it you can see under the ground but that's something really trivial same goes for areas like the ruins of lordaeron on top of UC.

15+ Year Old Account

Not to piss on anyone's parade.. but honestly...

This sounds like another one of those fake patch notes.. just expanded more along with the belief that it is indeed believable. I am not taking any of this "false prophet" crap until it is posted in blue.

3/4 of the info puts me off to be honest, re used content, only 5 new levels, practically all races getting any class. Screams we have run out of ideas and need a new cash cow.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaosthief
    So..much...fail
    Explain then - how a race, able to use fel, cannot use arcane? What restricts them from doing so?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

God i pray that this is fake.

No new continent will suck, Though blizz do seem fairly keen on recycling old content.

Only decent things was the flying in old world

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by annerajb
    the instancing technology does not support different terrain. ie there cannot be a flat area and then on a second phase a slope or something similar.
    Objects can replace terrain in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxous

BUT

they only have to modify minor parts of azeroth like the unfinished areas so they will just have to patch the areas finished instancing is done server side.
    and instancing in it's current state does not support alternate terrains but it does support alternate static objects like chairs trees bridges questgivers etc.