Page 20 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

To all the people complaining about playing through old world locations:

They are most likely phased. They are different. Sure, they may have a similar layout to what they previously had, but there is going to be so much new stuff added in there. Imagine Thousand Needles now flooded from the sea...

It isn't like you are going to go back to Freewind Post and all the enemies levels have been changed to 82, and the quests reset. It's as if while playing the world has actually changed due to some event in the game. Am I the only one who is a little tired of the world remaining as it was since the release of Vanilla? Somebody joked about the inn and the bridge that have been being 'built' since release.

Outlands is dead. Those 'new' static worlds serve only as a function of leveling now. Wasted content. Northrend will likely follow the same path.

I'll repeat what I said earlier:

I'd rather fight in a dynamic world than continually jump to new static ones.

Wrathgate was amazing. I'd be MORE than satisfied if 80-85 was filled with Wrathgate like events. I don't know about the rest of you but killing 20 random wolves and collecting 15 pelts is more of a cop-out than this.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

all of these people getting butt hurt over unofficial news is hilarious
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

I had to write :

the old continent (kalimdor and east kingdom) are HUGE.

there are truly HUGE zone NOT used at the moment.

for example : South of un'goro / east of ahn quiraj : VERY huge (mostly 2 zones or 3 really packed zone)

Present Hyjal is very big and blizzard can extend it, add caverns and so on.

east and west of Burning Steppes you can add content. west, south west of Dun Morogh, you can also add content.

Of course , they can slighty extend the coast.

the news speak also about new islands , undersea cities.

You can also imagine a shifted emerald dream : new zones.

Gilneas can be a lot bigger than the tiny bit of earth available now, just extend the coasts. (the art map and the real content of now are not perfectly aligned)

West of Stonetalon peaks, you can also add content. In fact, there are some objects here, for no purpose

south of feralas/ north of un goro crater : you can add many things here
    -

If blizzard recreate classic, they can extend dramatically the land and put new idea in it.

they can add in it easily four or five zones, linked to mischievous ennemies, and also you have sea, islands, undersea.

-

About the Council of Tirisfal,, the comics tell the recreation of the Council.

The game in 3.2.2 hint to the comeback of Highborne elves (so, here are your "night elves" mages)

3.2 has some taurens speaking about the other eye of Mother Nature: the sun (so here is your light for tauren)

the OLD Warcraft RPG (a classical roleplaying game with books) explains Dwarfs of Wildhammer clan (hinterlands) are also DRUID and SHAMANS (they rise griffons, they show contempt for the forgefer obsession with titan exploration and they live with nature, in a small mountain, yes, but around a large forest.)

it's all in the OLD roleplaying game (out in 2003 ! before even Wow classic)

and so on and on...

it's not that far fetched to tell blizzard can add new content in the old continent (there are room) and the lore can support (with no stretch) a lot of the supposed new class/race combination. The new lore for goblins seems very minimal though. I would be really disappointed if undermine/kezan are simply destroyed.

-
    I believe Blizzard can update the whole content, add a new spin on it (corrections in quests, flying, new zone between and new art), add new zone in the sea, and of course to add NEW raid. and with some comeback of one or two old raid, like the new Onyxia.

Uldum or Grim batol can be totally new RAID , with NEW arts, NEW ideas (uldum can be weirder than ulduar) and still be in the old continents.

but we will know soon

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Whoever thinks that 85 levels of completely new content is bad, and only 10 levels of content is better, is completely retarded. That's all I am going to say about the "omg reusing content RAGE" crowd.
    Its not 85 levels of new content. Its 5 levels of new content, 60 levels of old content with a makeover. If you honestly believe they are going to re-do every quest, item, zone, story from 1-60 then you are the retarded one here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Check the "Sun Druidism" quest. Blizzard had this new possibility in game and for it seems, alot of people didn't noticed or simply ignored.
    It's because stupid things like Quest Helper are training people to rapidly click buttons and listen to coins clink in their bags instead of reading quest text or sticking around to see if there was a point to where they wound up.

Sad really.

I see what's happening here.

I see where this is going.

It all makes sense now.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Shadowmoon is Felwood with netherdrakes.
    Except Felwood was actually kinda cool and was very atmospheric. Shadowmoon Valley made me want to punch a hole in the wall.

when i read this

i came

Did someone hack BB's account? This feels like a colossal April Fool's joke.

And Something Awful is one step away from /b/. Troll central.

This has got to be a joke. Not to say I don't find it interesting, just 100% unbelievable.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    I'd rather fight in a dynamic world than continually jump to new static ones.[/b]

Wrathgate was amazing. I'd be MORE than satisfied if 80-85 was filled with Wrathgate like events. I don't know about the rest of you but killing 20 random wolves and collecting 15 pelts is more of a cop-out than this.
    I totally agree with you on that
    I hope that WoW will take that direction in the future because it would be frikkin orsm

Imagine leveling your alt and discovering the world again... flooded thousand needles, aszhara lv. 10.20 zone, retaken gnomeregan

people complained that you dont see any changes in the old world
    now I hope it will be happening

I loved the old world because of its graphic, because it was a non-flying mount zone, because players had to explore the world, and looked more realistic.

everything else sounds good.
    besides tauren paladins of course, hey, im ok with every other class/race change, but tauren paladins? I cant imagine this.

Deleted

roflmao tauren paladins? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by xstreem
    If any of this is true, I hope they wont revamp the old world. That would suck big-time. Imagine never being able to return to the old world. It'll all be totaly fucked up.

No way this can be true.
    I recently leveled a new character
    This was with only the shoulder heirlooms for experience and I rushed through everything, leaving about 60% of the content behind.

reusing dead space aint a bad idea IMO :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boondock
    when i read this

i came
    as did i

15+ Year Old Account

If there are going to be Tauren paladins.. I request Draenei Rogues, Tauren Rogues and Gnome Druids.

The Draenei and Tauren rogues also have to make loud ear bursting "clop" noises.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    It isn't like you are going to go back to Freewind Post and all the enemies levels have been changed to 82, and the quests reset. It's as if while playing the world has actually changed due to some event in the game. Am I the only one who is a little tired of the world remaining as it was since the release of Vanilla? Somebody joked about the inn and the bridge that have been being 'built' since release.
    So once I install the x-pac and "get phased" I will forever be unable to complete quests in thousand needles? Because if the zone is now flooded for me, I can't go and kill the centaurs on the ground that would have drowned from the flooding.

Phasing old content to be new doesn't work, unless you can turn it off some how. And that doesn't work for the story and would hurt wow more imo.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersdark
    Going on the assumption that this is true (and I have no reason to doubt it):

I'm unimaginably excited. I've long been fairly bored with WoW, this would go a huge way to bringing back the excitement.

For me, my single best Warcraft experience was up until the time when I'd explored the whole world, seen all there was to see. New expansions typically offer a bit of new content, but not a whole lot.

A remaking of the old world, though, would be even better than another wholly new continent (honestly, new continents being added is getting old anyways). It would make levelling a new toon a LOT more fun, for one thing!

What shocks me is the sticking point for the majority of people seems to be the new classes. There are a variety of different complaints, but they're really not such a stretch. Which race can be which class has virtually no impact on game balance after all! Every one has an easy time fitting into the lore after all. Warcraft lore goes way back before WoW, remember. So many of the current race/class restrictions are largely nonsensical when you look at it that way. Threatening to quit because of it, though? That's just absurd. If you don't want to take advantage of new race/class combinations, then don't. It's a comparatively minor part of the expansion as detailed.

The reality right now is the old world content is largely useless. It's old, ugly, boring, and exists only to tear through as fast as possible. Old dungeons are nearly un-usable in their current form as it's almost impossible to get groups of at-level toons to run them. Milk runs with high level toons do not constitute a good use for them =/

There would be a LOT of new content, too. Look at the Kalimdor/EK maps as they are in game. There is plenty of room for new zones - easily enough, in fact, to add the same number of zones they did in BC or WotLK right there without changing existing zones(which they obviously will, in some cases). You'd still get the same amount of new content.

This sounds very ambitious. Moreso than either of the prior expansions.

In my opinion, it's what the game needs. The old-world content is too old and dated; it NEEDS to be redone to keep the game current. The massive expense that would go into revamping it just to modernize without anything new though is simply not worth it. An expansion, though, phasing the world into an in-progress Cataclysm? Definitely worthwhile, imho.

Think of how it would improve the new player experience! Right now, a new playing coming to warcraft sees an empty, ugly, horribly dated world that's completely empty. Levelling up, they find dungeons and instances that they can't enter because there's noone to run them with.

Sure, some will stop playing because of it. No matter what they do, that'll happen. But talking to friends of mine who've long ago stopped playing? This would bring them back in droves just to see and experience it all.

Indeed, what people doesnt get is, we get new areas, PLUS rewamp, flying and tons of tons of new stuff!
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

@$(@! Garrosh >
    poor Cairne. I wonder if this will actually happen. Tauren Paladin sounds awesome, but farfetched. just something cool about a Holy Cow.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    Indeed, what people doesnt get is, we get new areas, PLUS rewamp, flying and tons of tons of new stuff!
    World of Warcraft 2: The Great Sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondock
    when i read this

i came

Quote Originally Posted by Gattz

as did i
    third.

Seriously...I pray this is not fake. The lore is changing completely, opening ways to new chapters in the Warcraft universe, paving the way for new heroes and villains.

If this is true, the expansion will be fucking EPIC