Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    If there are going to be Tauren paladins.. I request Draenei Rogues, Tauren Rogues and Gnome Druids.

The Draenei and Tauren rogues also have to make loud ear bursting "clop" noises.
    Draenei warlocks. Nuff said.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    So once I install the x-pac and "get phased" I will forever be unable to complete quests in thousand needles? Because if the zone is now flooded for me, I can't go and kill the centaurs on the ground that would have drowned from the flooding.

Phasing old content to be new doesn't work, unless you can turn it off some how. And that doesn't work for the story and would hurt wow more imo.
    I never said the methods that were being used to do all this. I am bewildered as you in that regard.

More than likely they will simply adjust the Loremaster achievements.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna
    I hope this is all one big joke. Secondly, I can't believe people think this is a good thing.
    It's impossible to please both greeks and trojans.

I read what you wrote and, while I do fear how some of this will be implemented, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of players outside that see this as a great way to proceed the game and lore. I believe (somebody correct me please) that this kind of revamp in old content have no precedents - and that's why I'm looking forward to this.

I don't believe that a wow expansion is good only if you have to take a portal.

I can see that happening easly since Draenais and Eredar are the same

Deleted

Of that... I would QQ. There are already Draenei warlocks around, they are called Eredar.

i was hoping for blood elf druid

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Of that... I would QQ. There are already Draenei warlocks around, they are called Eredar.
    Draenei are uncorrupted. Eredar are the corrupted ones.. the only thing that they have in common is that they are the same race, just follow different leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by WeKnowBlizzCon
    And about maps the going drowned ....
    Like Thousand Needles is going to drowned ... that CAN'T because onyxia lair is there and is patched to lvl80 ... so why would they patch onyxia for like some months .....
    ... Are you dumb? o_o
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gattz
    I can see that happening easly since Draenais and Eredar are the same
    That's exactly the reason why it wouldn't happen. The Draenei are running from it (and the Eredar) for the past 25000 years.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Yay Gnomes get their home back

Quote Originally Posted by Pelias
    Thing is... if it is all true, nobody's going to give a damn about Aion or any other MMO anymore... these changes will take WoW to the next level.
    Totally agree

Until Blizz's new MMO, of course.

I believe some of this....but not all especially lore wise....thrall becoming a guardian, a mage position, with furion coming back to make him one? Kinda messed up. Then the whole garrosh being promoted...the emo gay kid from nagrand becoming leader of the horde....Varian's gonna roll the horde. The whole new breaking of the old world is cool....but from a leveling concept its gonna be weird.

Don't believe everything you read.

Some of the changes sound plausible, others don't. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus
    Draenei are uncorrupted. Eredar are the corrupted ones.. the only thing that they have in common is that they are the same race, just follow different leaders.
    I know that. But it defeats the logic of the Draenei (the Exiled Ones) and their war against the Man'ari.

Its not 85 levels of new content. Its 5 levels of new content, 60 levels of old content with a makeover. If you honestly believe they are going to re-do every quest, item, zone, story from 1-60 then you are the retarded one here.
    You are bit naive, thinking that they will save the old an irrelevant questlines. Finding Mankirk's wife? Good luck, with Barrens being flooded or whatever. Heck no, they will remove the old questlines and give you completely new content. Remember Onyxia's attunement chain? Where did it go? Can we do it now? And soon Quel'serrar (and possibly Scepter of the Shifting Sands, a long ass questline) will be removed. Good luck questing in Azshara and doing your lvl 45 quests now that it is a lvl 20 zone. Have fun killing the centaur in Thousand Needles now that it is underwater. All quests will be either reworked to fit, or removed and replaced with something completely different. They are reworking whole Azeroth to allow flying mounts. Do you honestly believe they will leave all old questlines there, because it was too much work?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Contrary to what most people think, I actually like the new ideas for this expansion. Long gone are the days where the only way to enjoy this game was to spend literally half your existence behind a keyboard. Elitist players are still being given ample opportunities to prove their skill and prowess ie yogg+0, but the gradual shift to a more casual and interesting progression environment is definitely appealing to the majority of players (including myself obviously).

The other factor that most people seem to be complaining about is the re-visiting of vanilla wow content. Blizzard is obviously very proud of their pre-bc raids which were abandoned many years ago, so it makes perfect sense to revamp them enabling the sea of new players to experience and enjoy these iconic warcraft encounters.

Whilst the new class restrictions and races may deter slightly from the warcraft lore, this decision will open up many doors creating a further varied play experience. Be honest with yourselves, aren't you sick of having to roll a cow/nelf to play a druid for example? Ultimately this class-restriction nerf will just alleviate some of the blandness of having to be a particular race to play the class you want.

I expect to be flamed with ' casuals like you ruin this game ', but these are my opinions and most likely those of many others

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WeKnowBlizzCon
    new things of PTR
    NOTE : SPOILER ALERT : In the dark portal in hellfire the allaince and horde are losing and the adds are going IN the dark portal and disapair ....
    so the the burning legion will come again to azeroth via the dark portal .....

And about maps the going drowned ....
    Like Thousand Needles is going to drowned ... that CAN'T because onyxia lair is there and is patched to lvl80 ... so why would they patch onyxia for like some months .....

srr for the typos but i type it fast because i need to go :P
    The dark portal is nothing new. It happens from time to time when the npc's are slow to spawn and don't "aggro" the demons. The demons run through as part of the script of the game. Its been that way for ages and isn't new to the ptr.

And onyxia lairs is in dustwallow marsh not thousand needles. Though flooding would still be a concern for the lair because if a thousand needles a zone inland from the ocean is flooded then Dustwallow is going to completly under water.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    You are bit naive, thinking that they will save the old an irrelevant questlines. Finding Mankirk's wife? Good luck, with Barrens being flooded or whatever.
    That would actually a great quest. "Mankirk's Wife" v2, now you have to found her washed-out from the grave remains! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    That would actually a great quest. "Mankirk's Wife" v2, now you have to found her washed-out from the grave remains! 8)
    Heh, and then Mankirk would demand revenge on drowned quilboars.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    They are reworking whole Azeroth to allow flying mounts. Do you honestly believe they will leave all old questlines there, because it was too much work?
    What does flying matter to pre 60 leveling?