Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by oomu
    Yogg-saron is the real reason behind some events of Warcraft 2 (!)
    Yogg-Saron's behind everything to an extent.

The assassination of King Wrynn.
    The creation of the Dragon Soul.

The first one led to the fall of the Kingdom of Azeroth (Warcraft I) and, inevitably, the Second War (Warcraft II) and therefore directly responsible for much of the World of Warcraft. The second lead to the weakness of the four of the Dragonflights for ten thousand years, allowing Alexstraza to be captured and essentially leading to everything with Rhonin...

Sometimes it seems like the Old Gods know what they're doing, even so much that they're willing to sacrifice themselves for some greater goal...
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I know asking questions on such a huge wall of speculation sounds lame, but when I read this I got worried a bit:
    Half the point of Cataclysm is to remake the old quest lines, eliminate redundancy and give an overall narrative to all players, whether level 1 or 80
    Does that mean that if one creates a fresh level 1, the "cataclysm" will already be in place? Or would it "trigger" when you reach 80 or somesuch? All of this sounds great for sure, but... well sue me but I kind of like the old world as it is for lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil
    If this thread is down by tomorrow because of Blizz lawyers, then you know it's true.
    Haha, you obviosuly don't know how Blizzard hype generation machine works. They love tossing clues at us, in order to get the fans riled up and talking. Word of mouth is the best marketing strategy.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

This is exactly what they needed to do. Put some chaos and war back into the game. Make things urgent. Rip up this old unused content. I agree, I love this.

But RIP Cairne. Though I did enjoy your sons help in overthrowing Theramore in the bonus campaign in war3.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

I get that this is all speculation atm but lets say its true...

I dont see why people are QQing about re-using the content, from the sound of it they are using the same continent but changing pretty much everything to make it more exciting no matter what you are doing ex. azshara as lvl 10 zone. Honestly would you rather they just make a new continent and if you wanna level an alt you just do the same quests and all that have been there for 5 years or would you rather do something new? and opening the unused zones that have been bugging the hell out of people for 5 years and people beg to have opened every patch and expac, new land masses in the ocean and cities on whales and turtles sounds like they can add a whole continent worth of new areas just from those 2 things.
    Now, redoing the dungeons may be a where they fall short depending on how its all done, definately would need to spice things up with new armor skins, probably modify a number of the maps and i seriously doubt they will use any of the old raid content again.
    Really I think this is a great direction to go with the next expansion and is a lot more work and new content than people are giving it credit for. The only things i didnt see that i would really truly like to see added to this expansion is paid race change and a new hero class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Are you dense? To make the old world flyable, they must build it up from scratch. It is far far far easier to just make new quests for it than to try and backwards implement quests from the old world's geometry to new world's geometry, since, you know, due to flood and all, the relief is due to some changes.
    Are you dense? Flying has nothing to do with it. They would need to re-do quests for zone changes. Not to mention this isn't even what I was originally replying to. Old quest lines can be left with allowing zones to do flying. Because flying doesn't change the quests, or the zones that much.

Just the world and dimensions. They don't have to change the location of goldshire in order to allow flying in the zone. They wouldn't have to re-do all the human starting quests in order for you to fly. They would have to do it for the changes to the zone in "story".

so flying has nothing to do with questing pre-60 and pre-ability to fly. Because none of those quests will require flying.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wramphist
    absolutely amazing in my eyes, many of the changes i have wished for are coming, and i for one and happy, nuff said...im sure once this sinks in and becomes official with more details, i will maybe QQ some (have been in the game for almost 5 yrs, will be sad to see some of the old world go away) but overall its the refresher needed. anybody hoping they dont change whats on top of ironforge so you can finally go up there and explore without getting in trouble?...lol, just a tought, a million places like it i cant wait to fly to as well
    But I want to fly over the OLD world, not the punched up new world (unless I can go through caverns of time and visit ALL of the old world - then i'm quite happy
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Haha, you obviosuly don't know how Blizzard hype generation machine works. They love tossing clues at us, in order to get the fans riled up and talking. Word of mouth is the best marketing strategy.
    Blizz detroyed every site with DK info, at least for a little while.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

This is all I have to say: http://mapwow.com/

look at that site. that'll show you all the empty space there is in the world. so much room where there is literally nothing and there are just hard edges between zones (look at thousand needls area for a good example) and thus I think that this info isn't real. there are too many dead zones with nothing that are just empty, and I don't think blizz is going to let players fly arround into they're unfinished parts of the world.
    yes, they could finish parts of it, but there is just too much odd space inbetween areas to allow free flying arround the old world.

Also, SW is invisible if you move above it. to save money, they only gave buildinds veiw from side they thought players would be able to see, and I'm guessing there are other places like that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but maybe this is Blizzard's way of yanking our chains. However, I believe wow.com, mmo champion, and most other major sites are in on the joke as well. Seriously, how hard would it be for Blizzard to email the site owners and tell them to post this stuff, and than drop the true expansion and details at Blizzcon and everybody going "WTF". They could even bribe them with *gasp* Blizzcon tickets.

Come on, you all seriously think Blizzard is going to put information on the PTR to be datamined 1 FRIGGIN WEEK before Blizzcon and ruin the surprise that they plan to drop on the player base?

Here's a dictionary, look up the word : "gullible"

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, not reading thru 32 pages of "OMGZ LOLZOR TAURADIN" and the usual QQ crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Are you dense? Flying has nothing to do with it. They would need to re-do quests for zone changes. Not to mention this isn't even what I was originally replying to.
    Whatever. Get ready to eat some crow next weekend, when this shit is official.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by aeluna
    I hope this is all one big joke. Secondly, I can't believe people think this is a good thing. Aside from this giving us a sense of deja vu, I see no point in this. Personally I think an expansion that consist of nothing more than regurgitated content is taking advantage of the players. I'm not saying that doing old dungeons, or being able to fly in Kalimdor/Azeroth wouldn't be cool, but for this to be the basis of a new expansion is a joke. If you wanted to revamp old content, do it as a filler during major NEW patches, kind of like Onyxia release in 3.2.2.

When WOTLK came out, the big raid instance was Naxx. Half the loot used the old skins from previous level 60 raids. Aside from Naxx being a bit too easy, people got bored with it quick. I think a big reason for that was because most vanilla wow players had seen it all before. It might be fun once or twice but then just got extremely repetitive, and became nothing more than a gear grind.

Another thing that annoys me is how do some of these class/races combination's fit in with the lore? Some of them don't..... AT ALL. I remember a couple weeks to a month ago the discussion of allowing shamans to use swords, rogues axes, etc. I personally liked he idea but blizzard denied it because it didn't fit with the lore. Okay, then stick to the lore, have some principles, and don't contradict yourself unless your ready for a lot of criticism.

Like me, I think a lot of people are bored with this game. "Well then stop playing, delete your characters, blah blah," trolls exercise your flaming somewhere else. I keep playing for two reasons. 1) I've invested so much time into this game already, why go to another MMO unless its truly a WoW replacement. 2) This game can still be fun at times.

It just seems to me the Blizzard team is running out of ideas for new stuff. I personally loved BC but was greatly disappointed with WOTLK. The implementation of vehicles, which was supposed to be the hot new thing of WOTLK, just felt archaic and to me had been accomplished better in other games.

Blizzard needs to get with the times, still holding true to themselves, and see what these other MMO's are doing. Revamp the graphics and give us a new beautiful world. Fix the quest system so players can differentiate between main storyline quest and lame filler/leveling quest. Actually allow our class to feel like we apart of the quest and not some spectator on the sidelines. Give players a greater sense of individuality instead of striving so hard for balance you end up giving every class the exact same ability but just with a different name and animation. There's lots more that I could say but I'm tired of rambling.

I'm not taking this information as fact, but it was stated it was just rumors, but from reliable sources. I just hope this isn't the direction Blizzard is choosing to take.

Yep, revamping the entire Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is definitely something blizzard should do in a minor content patch.

... Okay, I'm usually behind you 100% Boubouille, but this .... my god. They entire revamping of Azeroth? HELL NO! They may adjust the learning curve, may give old races some access to previous unavaliable classes, but restructuring all of Azeroth? And in particular, that lore thing you posted? Complete, total, UTTER crap.

I don't really care about the old world. "Oh, we can't fly in Azeroth!". When do you go there besides hitting the auction house or running a lowbie friend? Give me new zones to play in, new quests, real lore, not some freaking revamp of crap I've already cleared.

I don't see this as a "revamp" some areas are going to be completely destroyed (nice excuse for Blizzard NOT to do absolutely all the zones). Though we will get new ones and others will be changed. Maybe we'll finally get Hyjal.

What this seems to me is they are moving the whole of Azeroth forward in the timeline. Which means maybe no more Defias. The quest lines in the flooded 1K needles will be completely different. Gnomes retake their city. Orgrimmar gets fucked. Garrosh is the new War Chief (oh gawd). Furion wakes up for some reason though that completely takes away from any Emerald Nightmare expansion unless it will end up being a new raid instance instead of a focus of an xpac.

I wonder if Northrend will be included in this? Probably not, though kind of weird some kind of event changes the face of 2 continents but leaves the northern most one untouched.

Hopefully, lowbie quest lines won't be lame anymore (so much traveling...) and actually provide useful rewards. Though none of this matters to me. I have 1 of every class 60+ now.

15+ Year Old Account

Whatever. Get ready to eat some crow next weekend, when this shit is official.
    Nothing I said to you would change if it becomes official. But go ahead and insult me some more, your ego hasn't been boosted enough.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This alleged expansion is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    So once I install the x-pac and "get phased" I will forever be unable to complete quests in thousand needles? Because if the zone is now flooded for me, I can't go and kill the centaurs on the ground that would have drowned from the flooding.
    Holy cow! Why in the heavens you would like to quest in Thousand Needles?

Kill thousand turtles
    Kill thousand centaurs
    Kill thousand scorpids
    Kill thousand crocs

Argh!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin
    I know asking questions on such a huge wall of speculation sounds lame, but when I read this I got worried a bit:
    Does that mean that if one creates a fresh level 1, the "cataclysm" will already be in place? Or would it "trigger" when you reach 80 or somesuch? All of this sounds great for sure, but... well sue me but I kind of like the old world as it is for lowbies.
    im sure it will be at lvl 80 when the change happens because im sure bliz wouldn't want a new lvl one to get killed be a high lvl mob in a low lvl area

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fsomalia
    Holy cow! Why in the heavens you would like to quest in Thousand Needles?

Kill thousand turtles
    Kill thousand centaurs
    Kill thousand scorpids
    Kill thousand crocs

Argh!
    to experince zones and content I've never seen or done before? I've got loremaster on alliance and done almost every quest in every zone so it won't to big a loss for me. But i've never done the horde side and if the only way I can experince that stuff is by not upgrading an account to the new x-pac that that is just bad.