Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

....All of this sounds goddamn horrible.

Sounds like fans of the Wetlands and Dustwallow Marsh zones will be happy with the new climate changes. :P
    But is it already the year 2012 in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazhorod
    The new race/class changes makes no sense.
    The new expansion make no sense.
    People who wanna bring up Classic WoW again makes no sense.

If you have played during Beta - Up to WotLK, like I did, and still do.. I always look back and say "God I miss Pre TBC". It doesn't mean I want it back, it's a good memory, and I want to bring that memory with me aswell, and learn from it. I dont want them to destroy it by making this nonsense expansion (Nothing of this info about Cataclysm is officially yet, but still 50% of the news might be true.) New Onyxia with a ugly mount, and all about revamping classic wow and bringin' up Ragnaros again is nonsense aswell. They're destroying the memories with Onyxia and Ragnaros and everything about Classic WoW.

Again nothing is officially yet, and I hope 100% of this nonsense post is false. I beg you Blizzard, dont ruin your perfect MMO Game out there so far. You fucked the 3x Set of T9 up, stop it and try to think before you act in such a hurry.
    you didn't read the whole thing though. this will not be the same old world, everything will change even starter quests for level 1's. of course its hard to believe just because of how ambitious it sounds but i for one will be happy if this is proven true at blizzcon.

I should probably have quoted some people. I was just replying to other posts. And stating my point of view of the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    ???

i smell epic failure.

all hail troll druids.. (trolls fucking savage, cannibalistic creatures on the guard of nature and equilibrium LOL!)
    the world blowing up can change alot of things

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer
    you didn't read the whole thing though. this will not be the same old world, everything will change even starter quests for level 1's. of course its hard to believe just because of how ambitious it sounds but i for one will be happy if this is proven true at blizzcon.
    I don't think it actually said that specifically (unless I missed it which is possible).

I only see: Most of the new content for Cataclysm will take the form of a revamped Azeroth, taking advantage of newer additions to WoW such as phasing...

It seems likely that once you trigger a series of quests that the zones will alter for you just like how Death Knights are all in the same zone but see different things based on where they are in the quest chain. If you want to see things as they "used to be" I'd guess you could roll a new toon or just not do certain quests.

Like many have said though... it's all just guessing until Blizzard confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuchaleft
    There's a few points in the article that I think are well... bunk...

Namely flying in Azeroth, for one, I remember someone saying it would be too time consuming, or words to that effect.

But I guess we'll see come Blizzcon.

basicaly bliz said flying in azeroth will NEVER happen.
    blizz said changing races will NEVER happen
    blizz said changing faction will NEVER happen
    blizz said changing sexes will NEVER happen.... im sure i missed some

Quote Originally Posted by mikenjenn72

I don't Blizzard ever gives a definitive answer. Usually they say something along the lines of "We are looking into it but don't expect to see anything soon"

Flying in Azeroth is already possible... it's just not enabled (because old world graphics weren't designed to be seen from all angles). Here is a video showing that it's not a big deal... Blizz just doesn't want people seeing the tops of towers and mountains that don't have textures (not to mention people flying into areas that are currently blocked off with mountain ranges).

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Flying_i...ich_King_beta/ (Flying footage begins about half way into the video.)

and here's another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzbJdJoPhPU ...about half way through you'll start to see some of the graphics glitches.

Azeroth as seen in the Observatory in Ulduar:

Eastern Kingdom:
    http://www.might-turalyon.com/images/80/algalon2.jpg
    Kalimdor:
    http://www.yxnpc.com/uldf/2009/0422/..._algalon_1.jpg

Notice some differences? I certainly do. Like Kalimdor being almost split in two.

There is no way they could make the original Azeroth flyable without a SIGNIFICANT rebuild of the two original continents (both of which are much larger than either of the two expansions). Which this sounds like would certainly be the case, what with a planet-altering cataclysm and all.

This would a free rebuild of early content, making it bearable (and please, I was sick of the Vanilla levellng content long before hitting 60). An epic change for long-time players, who are used to BARELY visiting these areas.

And as for levelling, Blizzard fully decides how levels progress in the game. Five levels can be just as significant as ten. It's all how the numbers end up being weighted.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenjenn72

I remember before TBC Blizz said that an arena like game wouldnt happen because it wouldnt be fun or fair to healers who would always be targeted and killed first.

brb rerolling shadow gnome

...This is fail.

I really hope this isn't going to happen. I actually like pretty much everything except the class things.

Allowing some races access to one new class is NOT new content IMO. GIVE US A NEW HERO CLASS! What happened to the plans about Demon Hunters, or Archdruids? What the hell!

Anyway, if this does come true, this will be pretty damn shocking. I mean, NOBODY could have seen this shit coming - old Azeroth revamped? Oh em gee.

But yeah, I'm scared that we can't go back to regular Azeroth. Hopefully it's like some time-travelling story where the Bronze Dragonflight show you the future of Azeroth and you have to go into it to kill Deathwing. That would be cool.

Also, I was lolling my ass of at Tauren Paladin and Troll Shaman. What the eff.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

Tauren Male in Lawlbringer T1

i rest my case

I always said I'd be happy with wow if I got my gnome priest. ;D

(And am getting rid of my NE priest, my main til TBC, and my draenei priest, that I created for the draenei priest racials... lol.)

Deleted

* Human Hunter
    * Orc Mage
    * Night Elf Mage
    * Dwarf Mage
    * Blood Elf Warrior
    * Dwarf Shaman
    * Undead Hunter
    * Tauren Paladin
    * Tauren Priest
    * Gnome Priest
    * Troll Druid
    Tauren Priest? wtf.. Tauren Paladin? ) this is interesting.. and lol troll druid!

Human Hunter, BE Warrior and maybe UD Hunter are ok.. the others just seem wrong

Troll Druids! pro =)

Hey mon! wanna see something really feral?

I'm amazed people believe this crock. Their source is the SomethingAwful forums. If any of you people knew anything about lore instead of just going "ZOMG I CAN MAEK A COWADIN" would know that Thrall is no way going to be the next Guardian, would NOT leave the Horde in Garrosh's hands, and Malfurion would have NO standing to make Thrall the new Guardian.

I'm honestly disappointed in MMOChampion for posting this bull.

ah damn. stop blaming mmo-champ! you'll anyway most likely see this info from official sources in near future! so i don't think it's so damn hard to wait for like a week? isn't it?

and one more thing. i'm really just amazed on how ppl really like to QQ for smth! srsly. the same ppl that QQ-d that the old world is gone and they want it back like hell now they just QQ that that same old world is back. ehm like wtf? i just lol at this fact.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

looking over it again.. it seems about half of it is beleivable...
    I'm guessing all the lore stuff (which was what was cited from SA forums) is all crap, which includes, but is not limited to, saying that; Thrall is the New Guardian of Tristfall, Tauren leader's gonna get killed, and Garrosh wages all out war on alliance.

though garrosh leading the horde would be an interesting idea... give the players a leader they don't think is well suited to lead, and see how many follow anyways... idk, but the idea of a full on war again would be cool, but we probably wouldn't see much of it in game...