Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    I got your proof, its not been announced by Blizzard. So untill Blizzard actually says at Blizzcon that all this pathetic excuse of an expansion is real, untill then this pile of shit is all speculation and NOTHING more. There is a chance that this sloppy and disappointing crap might actually be put into the next expansion or a future one (at which point WoW will finally come to its end with a ton of players leaving), but like i said before untill it comes out the horses mouth Boubou the moron is just speculating.
    so until blizz tells you air is real you won't breathe?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer
    so until blizz tells you air is real you won't breathe?
    ur an idiot for comparing cherrys to apples

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    It is speculation, but like the OP keeps saying it's take a lot for him to make this kind of post on the front page of his website. He's had a very good reputation for information up to now and to declare all of this is a hell of a risk.

You're wrong about all the players leaving though. For many of the people who raided 40-man MC up to the people who rolled DKs in wrath this is going to give them more reason to play and more things to enjoy. YOU may leave, and some of your friends may leave, but the majority will see these ideas as improvements and continue enjoying the game.
    I think you should go back and read the posts, about 50% of posters are not happy with this expansion and though you might not give a shit (and we dont care that you dont give a shit). Blizzard will and does. The majority of players will see this as Blizzard running out of creativity and a good chunk of them will leave. What this means for you?

As more players leave the game Blizzards investment in the continuation of the game would have gone down. Resources will be diverted to diffrent games, expansions will become less and less impressive (much like this one) Unlike you (a simple player) Blizzard is a company out to make money and as WoW's player base goes down so does the need to please its remaining fan bois

Quote Originally Posted by Nulas
    I never realized how many retarded, I mean this in its most literal definition, people play WoW. The majority of you continue to cry, whine, bitch and moan even after perfectly legitimate reasons are provided for a lot of the changes that are listed here.
    You are the retard. It doesn't matter what "legitimate" reasons are behind any choice - if people don't like a choice then they don't like it - and they have every right not to like it. Taste is not factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulas

And no one really cares if you plan on quitting if this is real, which is is. Go ahead! No one gives a f**k, really! I really can't believe I made it through this whole thread without having an aneurysm.
    So you may be dead now? Well, I'm not going to waste time writing more then
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Applejuice
    People do nothing but spew their dislike for certain class-race combos.

While I can somewhat understand the "WTF?"-effect of Tauren Paladins and Priests (keep this duo in mind by the way), other class-race combos make perfect sense.

For Dwarf Shamans you don't even have to look that far. The Wildhammer clan is known for their close ties with nature, they're known to be Shamans (and even Druids, mind you, but I doubt they're as close as the Tauren or Night Elves). The Wildhammers have an alliance with the Alliance (olol).

Same goes for Troll Druids. Trolls are known for their close ties and spirituality with the Animal Gods. We've seen this at first hand in Zul'Gurub, Zul'Aman and Zul'Drak. It's not a big step up from learning the ways of gaining the blessing of these Gods rather than forcing it upon themselves. In the end, the result is the same, you get a race that has close ties to nature or animals that can learn the ways of the Druid. I mean, the difference is already in game right now, both Elven and Tauren Druids have different paths that lead to the same result. The Night Elves believe in Elune, the Tauren in the Earthmother, why can't there be a race that believes in the Animal Gods?

And even if all this doesn't really make sense for some classes and races, there's also the fact that all the playable races are humanoids in such a way that they can learn, experience, evolve. It's pretty clear from that one pointless quest that there are Tauren thay are in doubt that the Earthmother is the only source of cleansing. Tauren aren't blind creatures, they can easily see at first hand how other races and classes wield the light to cleanse the Scourge in Northrend. Why can't there be some Tauren that go "Hey, that stuff looks like fun, I want to learn!" and bam, you have Tauren studying the light, Priests and Paladins (see, told you to remember the duo) can now be seen amongst the Tauren ranks.

The Tauren learning new ways can also be applied to Gnomes. Gnomes have always lacked a healing class, and while mainly trust in magic and technology, there's nothing that states that Gnomes can't be religious or study other things.

To be honest, most combinations make more sense than Human Warlocks, or Warlocks in the Alliance in its whole (even the Horde, but I can somewhat understand this). Humans, and thus the Alliance, doesn't look kindly on the use of the Demonic, yet they're allowed to hop around freely. This has nothing to do with a certain race learning things (unlike the examples I mentioned before), but with an actual "rule" within a faction.

The only things that are worthy of calling "LOL LORE", are things that clash with previous stories or previous alignments. The Draenei are a very good example of "LOL LORE" and even Blizzard roughly admitted this in an interview a few weeks ago (about the seeding of new races).
    I don't think it's unbelievable, but more of a unique flavor issue, to dump most classes on most races seems to really ruin some of their uniqueness, for so long you would see a Tauren and fear him being a Druid, but not a Paladin, now? The same goes for trolls, it just seems to make them somewhat more banal.

I think you should go back and read the posts, about 50% of posters are not happy with this expansion and though you might not give a shit (and we dont care that you dont give a shit). Blizzard will and does. The majority of players will see this as Blizzard running out of creativity and a good chunk of them will leave. What this means for you?

As more players leave the game Blizzards investment in the continuation of the game would have gone down. Resources will be diverted to diffrent games, expansions will become less and less impressive (much like this one) Unlike you (a simple player) Blizzard is a company out to make money and as WoW's player base goes down so does the need to please its remaining fan bois
    This is the most creative thing they've done, and they're finally listening to us, they're going to fix what's been wrong with the game for so long, but not only fix it, expand it, improve upon it.

It's really easy to go bounding off into space and unconquered territory to create something new, but going back to the start and improving what you've already made takes a lot more effort and capacity for creativity.

George Lucas failed.

Let's hope Blizzard doesn't.

This expansion actually looks quite promising, and I may consider re-activating my subscription in the coming months if the news is in fact true. I quit just before WotLK was released since the same models and sounds were constantly being recycled, and the class dynamics kept changing. Besides single player games offered much more rich content to play.

I think its a fantastic idea revamping all the old zones for both low and high level play. WoW has a very weak narrative, and its likely it only weakness. If they made the narrative interesting with this revamping I think it may give WoW another boost. It would be even better if they revamped the character models and animations too, much like they seem to have done for druids skins.

Some of the class combinations are plain ridiculous, others make a lot of sense. Tauran Paladins/Priest and Gnome Priests are very stupid, hope the idea gets axed quickly, their culture and personality as a race forbids it. I hope they don't make the same mistake they did with Death Knights.. Blood Elf warriors and Troll Druids on the other hand make plenty of sense.

-U-

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    Majority of posters on this website =/= majority of people that play World of Warcraft. Blizzard is taking a different approach with the next expasion, if these details turn out to be true, and personally I welcome them trying new ideas. If you're really intending to bitch at Blizzard for not being creative it might be worth remembering that WoW is now run by the B-Team. The A-Team have been shifted to other projects.
    I'm well aware of Blizzard's position of a company, and that company's only exist to make money. Personally I'm looking to enjoy this game as much as possible for as long as possible (I didn't have the opportunity to raid in Vanilla) with my friends while waiting for Blizzard's next MMO project to be released (which currently has most of the A-Team on it at the moment).

I'm a fan of the game, but I'm not a "fan boi". I'm not blindly following Blizzard around and you're welcome to leave if all you can do with your spare time is whine on forums about any change they make.

YOU, and other people posting on this forum, may not want to do certain things in the game. Fine. Go away. You won't be missed by anybody if your posts show much of your attitude to people.
    Read above, i couldnt give a shit if you dont give a shit if we leave, you dont matter in the slightest your a nobody. Blizzard on the otherhand will care cause as more of us leave they get less and less income. I'm going to voice my opinion with or without your "approval" and if you dont want to hear it well thats just tough monkey balls.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proto-Typexx
    DEAR , BLIZZARD AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THOUGHT ABOUT DEMONS HUNTER ?!?!?
    Maybe in the expansion that involves demons, not nagas.

Simple as this, Blizzard made lore has made it so those classes are NOT involved in those races, The wild hammer have an alliance, because they refused to outright join the alliance

the trolls who refused to follow the animal gods are a part of the horde, you cannt just study the light, you receive its blessing through prayer and being taught by one who has it. blizzard is subverting its entire old lore structure so we can mess with our epeens and dick around with things that frankly will lose their "flavor" after a few months

Azshara was never messed with by the old gods, nor was deathwing, archimonde was the influence to BOTH of them

gilneas wasnt just "cut off" they were obliterated. while yes, its cool to have them, its stupid andf horribly fake, disrespecting their own already made work, thats just shitty "hey, our old stuff cant keep up with what we want now, so rather then evolve our world, we'kll just go back in time, change the time loop, and make everything you knew a lie, fuck you player, fuck you"

15+ Year Old Account

My personal belief is this: any of these so called "leaks" should be treated as nothing more than fun speculation to get a person thinking. until blizzard announces them its speculation. i don't care if this Boubouille has been right in the past, everything here is a lie until blizzard makes a statement.

on a more personal note if this leak is true i would love to see the person that did the leak fired and sued. Blizzard puts all this time and money into their work and some idiot thinks its funny to spoil it before blizzard gets to announce it to the world? its an outrage i say! this person is no better than a dirty spy.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

I got your proof, its not been announced by Blizzard. So untill Blizzard actually says at Blizzcon that all this pathetic excuse of an expansion is real, untill then this pile of shit is all speculation and NOTHING more. There is a chance that this sloppy and disappointing crap might actually be put into the next expansion or a future one (at which point WoW will finally come to its end with a ton of players leaving), but like i said before untill it comes out the horses mouth Boubou the moron is just speculating.
    Yes, no work is put into software until it is announced to the public ...

Not that I like the ideas either, but come on we both know this website is the most reliable source other than the horses mouth as you say.
    You sir, are and idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcoola
    Yes, no work is put into software until it is announced to the public ...

Not that I like the ideas either, but come on we both know this website is the most reliable source other than the horses mouth as you say.
    You sir, are and idiot.
    Our military intelligence was suppose to be reliable too and we ended up finding no weapons of mass destruction so whats your point? I'm not a brain dead moron like yourself who believe every word someone whos "reliable" says, I require a little more then "trust me" to make my conclusion. So you go on ahead and believe in your "trust me" I'm gonna count on the people who actually make the decisions for the game not some random nobody who claims to have "reliable sources" and doesnt have the balls to reveal them.

Are military intelligence was suppose to be reliable too and we ended up finding no weapons of mass destruction so whats your point? I'm not a brain dead moron like yourself who believe every word someone whos "reliable" says, I require a little more then "trust me" to make my conclusion. So you go on ahead and believe in your "trust me" I'm gonna count on the people who actually make the decisions for the game not some random nobody who claims to have "reliable sources" and doesnt have the balls to reveal them.
    Such a belligerent reply ... gonna feel pretty stupid about that in a week :P

Here's what I don't get, all of these people are on here vehemently throwing nerd-rage fueled temper tantrums because blizzard is "recycling" old content (note: after most of these same people QQ about how Blizzard never does anything with old world). But it won't be old content. Apparently no one pays attention enough now a days to realize that the things contained here, and due to the breadth of what they're undertaking if this is true, none of old world will be the same. I'd imagine that we'll see updated looks and textures to accompany everything we've seen so far, let alone that your so called "new" content cries are empty without lore to support them. Here, we're just gonna throw down some random bosses in a random place that have no importance to anything going on. Is that what you crybabies really want? While this supposed expansion may not have a hot new place for us to go (which btw it does, via revamp of already existent places and opening of zones previously unable to access), it is progressing the lore something fierce setting up for your "new content" i.e. "new zone" as it would be more accurately called. Consider this a "progress" update. Time has passed since the game started. Old world have never reflected this really. Now it will, and infact will be the focus of the game again.

I for one don't understand what all the bitching is about. It's a step in the right direction for Blizzard. All the players I've talked to all express the same sentiment: they want to see blizzard update old content. Well, this is it in a very big way.

"Oh! B--b---but QQ-KACHOO only lvl 85". Yeah, so, they lift it to 90 and shoot themselves in the foot by having to cram the last xpac that brings the game and Warcraft as a whole to a close into one xpac instead of spreading it out, taking the focus off of level grinding and gear hoarding and putting it on lore and content, giving us that oh so sought after epic feel and giving this series a proper ending. I don't know if anyone else remembers, but there have been numerous interviews where the dev's have stated that once WoW is done, there won't be anymore Warcraft. No WoW 2. No WC4. WoW will be the closer to the series.

"ROLFCOPTERZOMGRAGE!!! Couldn't they do this in an patch?" As has been stated numerous times: a revamp of this magnitude is a massive undertaking and requires a LOT of rewritten code. The patch to do this would be astronomically huge and would more than likely max out anyone who has a bandwidth limit, or just choke out anyone else's internet. As long as this thing isn't like 40 bucks, I'll be content. 30 bucks would be just fine.

"ZOMGRAEPINDAFACE! They're screwing up giving the races new classes!" Again, reflexive of time going by. As posted a few posts before this one, you can wrap yourself logically around why and how this came to be. Personally I'm not terribly down with this, unless they feature a fast track option for people with lvl 80's already that functions like DK's do (start at lvl 50/55), but if they are streamlining leveling as they said they are, no loss.

"BYCHUCKNORRISBEPURGED! This all sucks I'm going to quit the game!!!" Then by all means do, less people I have to deal with standing in line at midnight when I get my copy and less people I have to contend with to log in when you're the only few who have quit. A LOT of ex-players I know who have read about this are excited and are thinking about or already have now reactivated their accounts. All of you who are vehemently bitching are not citing jack shit as your reasons and are just showing that school is not back in session. Maybe if you had some real reasons for your dissatisfaction and would say that instead of just going off "BLIZZARPHAILSFTL". Just spouting off dislike and bashing people aimlessly is what the internet is made of, but I thought maybe we wowplayers were made of something a little bit more. Guess not.

"MRGLGRGLGRGLGRGL! Boubouille is a NuB for posting this without having a legitimate source ZOMG". If you're going to bash Boubouille, then you're going to have to bash places like Kotaku, IGN, and other mainstream gaming sites that have taken as equal a chance and posted what he's posted here. Boubouille I commend you for putting your dick on the line with this one, people should really be ashamed for condemning you this much. He's posted rumors in the past and they've been right, especially when looked at that we're less than a week from Blizzcon when all will be revealed. Just delete your damn MMO-champ accounts. Don't like what's being posted here, go elsewhere. OH YEAH! There isn't anywhere else with as good of a track record.

All you angry trolls can just go back to your cave and beat your QQocks till you feed on your own tears and rage and explode.

I'm like you guys now!
    Don't look so smug. I know what you're thinking, but Tempest Keep was merely a setback. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some... blind, half night elf mongrel? Oh no no no... he was merely an instrument. A stepping stone to a much larger plan. It has all led to this! And this time, you will not interfere.

10+ Year Old Account

Sidiyan, you are epic, i am skeptical if this actually happens about how it will work out, but if it is true i welcome it with open arms cause i know Blizzard would do their best with this expansion considering the massive change to the flow

Didn't you say that the Worgen would be the new race of the Alliance in BC and that the level cap of WotLK would be 75?

Jus' sayin', sometimes it's best to wait until official word has been given.

Edit: Yarg, supposed to have quoted Boub.

Cairne Bloodhoof murdered? are you fucking kidding me? this is shit. despite the good things about the new expansion, i wont be playing wow due to Cairne Bloodhoof's murder, if it is true

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptîon

specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

oh men blizzard, you have no new ideas...