Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    I think you should go back and read the posts, about 50% of posters are not happy with this expansion and though you might not give a shit (and we dont care that you dont give a shit). Blizzard will and does. The majority of players will see this as Blizzard running out of creativity and a good chunk of them will leave. What this means for you?

As more players leave the game Blizzards investment in the continuation of the game would have gone down. Resources will be diverted to diffrent games, expansions will become less and less impressive (much like this one) Unlike you (a simple player) Blizzard is a company out to make money and as WoW's player base goes down so does the need to please its remaining fan bois
    You know, your just someone with a computer. Your conceived truth that a lot of people will leave WoW because they dislike this isn't in anyway a certainty, in fact, it's probably wrong. The amount of knowledge you possess that can help you predict the WoW future is about the same that a 3rd can predict the happenings of the stock trades. Every pessimist and fault pointer on this thread share's something in common; They don't like what they're reading. Blizzard isn't uncreative when they remake, redesign and revamp old areas into new ones (Blizzard is uncreative when they use old armor models :P). Now it's a place for a higher level to play in which is called the same thing, but really just has only similar terrain, npcs and monsters. Because you tried to use words like resource, investment and diverted, you tried to sound intelligent. But, as always inevitably true, you can not be intelligent when trying to slam your opinion through someones eyes via interweb. So i guess that statements includes my paragraph too :.

So as always, wait for Blizzard to announce it. Offic' Fo' Shiz. Not a blue post (trusting those opinions to stay static is like trusting a bipolar ADHD 3 year old with recharging the batteries for someone's pacemaker), but the real Blizzcon deal. Of course, Blizzard may change what they want to do, but eh, what can you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

I really hope troll druid has something interesting to offer in terms of new forms.

I will reroll in a heartbeat if new shifting models are released...

Instead of bear form they get boar, rhino, gorilla or turtle... and instead of cat form they get raptor, snake or crockolisk (tiger or panther would even be cool).

Moonkin form would definitely have to be that awesome snake boss caster form, like in Gun'Drak or Zu'gurub. Hell, a moonkin with tusks would be pretty friggin sweet to see.

Another Note (a bit more on-topic): The 'cataclysm' (which I believe to be the explosion of the Maelstrom) probably happens because we killed Malygos.

Quote Originally Posted by ckhupp
    Simple as this, Blizzard made lore has made it so those classes are NOT involved in those races, The wild hammer have an alliance, because they refused to outright join the alliance

the trolls who refused to follow the animal gods are a part of the horde, you cannt just study the light, you receive its blessing through prayer and being taught by one who has it. blizzard is subverting its entire old lore structure so we can mess with our epeens and dick around with things that frankly will lose their "flavor" after a few months

Azshara was never messed with by the old gods, nor was deathwing, archimonde was the influence to BOTH of them

gilneas wasnt just "cut off" they were obliterated. while yes, its cool to have them, its stupid andf horribly fake, disrespecting their own already made work, thats just shitty "hey, our old stuff cant keep up with what we want now, so rather then evolve our world, we'kll just go back in time, change the time loop, and make everything you knew a lie, fuck you player, fuck you"
    The bronze dragonflight goes back in time to right past wrongs (or get heroes to do it).
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by highelfmage
    Our military intelligence was suppose to be reliable too and we ended up finding no weapons of mass destruction so whats your point? I'm not a brain dead moron like yourself who believe every word someone whos "reliable" says, I require a little more then "trust me" to make my conclusion. So you go on ahead and believe in your "trust me" I'm gonna count on the people who actually make the decisions for the game not some random nobody who claims to have "reliable sources" and doesnt have the balls to reveal them.
    I'm guessing your american? Your military has received orders from George Bush the last 8 years? The guy with the impulse control and decision making abilities of a coked up monkey? Amirite? Your analogy is null and void.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiyan
    Here's what I don't get, all of these people are on here vehemently throwing nerd-rage fueled temper tantrums because blizzard is "recycling" old content (note: after most of these same people QQ about how Blizzard never does anything with old world). But it won't be old content. Apparently no one pays attention enough now a days to realize that the things contained here, and due to the breadth of what they're undertaking if this is true, none of old world will be the same. I'd imagine that we'll see updated looks and textures to accompany everything we've seen so far, let alone that your so called "new" content cries are empty without lore to support them. Here, we're just gonna throw down some random bosses in a random place that have no importance to anything going on. Is that what you crybabies really want? While this supposed expansion may not have a hot new place for us to go (which btw it does, via revamp of already existent places and opening of zones previously unable to access), it is progressing the lore something fierce setting up for your "new content" i.e. "new zone" as it would be more accurately called. Consider this a "progress" update. Time has passed since the game started. Old world have never reflected this really. Now it will, and infact will be the focus of the game again.

I for one don't understand what all the bitching is about. It's a step in the right direction for Blizzard. All the players I've talked to all express the same sentiment: they want to see blizzard update old content. Well, this is it in a very big way.

"Oh! B--b---but QQ-KACHOO only lvl 85". Yeah, so, they lift it to 90 and shoot themselves in the foot by having to cram the last xpac that brings the game and Warcraft as a whole to a close into one xpac instead of spreading it out, taking the focus off of level grinding and gear hoarding and putting it on lore and content, giving us that oh so sought after epic feel and giving this series a proper ending. I don't know if anyone else remembers, but there have been numerous interviews where the dev's have stated that once WoW is done, there won't be anymore Warcraft. No WoW 2. No WC4. WoW will be the closer to the series.

"ROLFCOPTERZOMGRAGE!!! Couldn't they do this in an patch?" As has been stated numerous times: a revamp of this magnitude is a massive undertaking and requires a LOT of rewritten code. The patch to do this would be astronomically huge and would more than likely max out anyone who has a bandwidth limit, or just choke out anyone else's internet. As long as this thing isn't like 40 bucks, I'll be content. 30 bucks would be just fine.

"ZOMGRAEPINDAFACE! They're screwing up giving the races new classes!" Again, reflexive of time going by. As posted a few posts before this one, you can wrap yourself logically around why and how this came to be. Personally I'm not terribly down with this, unless they feature a fast track option for people with lvl 80's already that functions like DK's do (start at lvl 50/55), but if they are streamlining leveling as they said they are, no loss.

"BYCHUCKNORRISBEPURGED! This all sucks I'm going to quit the game!!!" Then by all means do, less people I have to deal with standing in line at midnight when I get my copy and less people I have to contend with to log in when you're the only few who have quit. A LOT of ex-players I know who have read about this are excited and are thinking about or already have now reactivated their accounts. All of you who are vehemently bitching are not citing jack shit as your reasons and are just showing that school is not back in session. Maybe if you had some real reasons for your dissatisfaction and would say that instead of just going off "BLIZZARPHAILSFTL". Just spouting off dislike and bashing people aimlessly is what the internet is made of, but I thought maybe we wowplayers were made of something a little bit more. Guess not.

"MRGLGRGLGRGLGRGL! Boubouille is a NuB for posting this without having a legitimate source ZOMG". If you're going to bash Boubouille, then you're going to have to bash places like Kotaku, IGN, and other mainstream gaming sites that have taken as equal a chance and posted what he's posted here. Boubouille I commend you for putting your dick on the line with this one, people should really be ashamed for condemning you this much. He's posted rumors in the past and they've been right, especially when looked at that we're less than a week from Blizzcon when all will be revealed. Just delete your damn MMO-champ accounts. Don't like what's being posted here, go elsewhere. OH YEAH! There isn't anywhere else with as good of a track record.

All you angry trolls can just go back to your cave and beat your QQocks till you feed on your own tears and rage and explode.
    Very nice. Epic battlecrys and valid points. For once.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by thulkazeam
    Cairne Bloodhoof murdered? are you fucking kidding me? this is shit. despite the good things about the new expansion, i wont be playing wow due to Cairne Bloodhoof's murder, if it is true
    One definite pointer of nerd rage is to quit a game, not for lack of game play, but lack of lore (or thought lack of lore). The game will still be fun, even if some crazy tauren bitch got facepwned, you almost never do anything involving faction leaders aside from killing them.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Sword101
    The only problem i see with this, is that you're completely and totally wrong in everything you just posted.

-The Wildhammers not in the Alliance, you're right, they're not... but at the same time, it's proof positive that Dwarves ARE capable of being shamans.
    -Trolls in the Horde can't be druids because they don't follow the animal gods... wrong-o, they do indeed follow the animal gods, but Vol'Jin vowed to help Thrall
    after he saved Vol'Jin and the other Darkspear trolls from a Sea Witch that threatened to destroy their homes.
    -Tauren can't be Paladins because they have to be taught by someone that can wield the light...... Blood Elves, enough said
    -Azshara not manipulated by an Old God... you're wrong, and right at the same time i suppose. She was manipuated by Sargeras, a corrupted Titan who wanted
    to aid the Old Gods in their control over Azeroth. AND, after Nazjatar sunk, Azshara was transformed, along with the rest of her people, into the Naga, by Old
    God influence.
    -Deathwing not influenced by an Old God... you're wrong, enough said. Nefarion, the Earth Warder. That's what Deathwing used to be known as, but he was
    driven mad by the whisperings of an Old God, and turned against the other Dragon Flights when he convinced them to make the Demon Soul.
    -Gilneas was obliterated... You're wrong, again. Gilneas' leader, Genn Greymane, ordered the Greymane wall to be constructed after the second war, because he
    did not condone throwing Orcs into internment camps, and didn't want any fuss from the Alliance when he seceded from them. As such, he, as well as the
    rest of Gilneas, became a shut-in nation. They didn't even open their gates to help the refugees from Lordaeron when the undead plague swept the land.
    Them re-joining the Alliance doesn't really make too much sense to me either, but since Alliance can't get Pandaren, then i guess they decided to swap sides
    and give Horde Goblins instead.
    Just curious but what role did pandaren play in previous games and in wow, and why can't we have them on alli, feed me teh loar plx
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by ckhupp
    Simple as this, Blizzard made lore has made it so those classes are NOT involved in those races, The wild hammer have an alliance, because they refused to outright join the alliance

the trolls who refused to follow the animal gods are a part of the horde, you cannt just study the light, you receive its blessing through prayer and being taught by one who has it. blizzard is subverting its entire old lore structure so we can mess with our epeens and dick around with things that frankly will lose their "flavor" after a few months

Azshara was never messed with by the old gods, nor was deathwing, archimonde was the influence to BOTH of them

gilneas wasnt just "cut off" they were obliterated. while yes, its cool to have them, its stupid andf horribly fake, disrespecting their own already made work, thats just shitty "hey, our old stuff cant keep up with what we want now, so rather then evolve our world, we'kll just go back in time, change the time loop, and make everything you knew a lie, fuck you player, fuck you"
    You need to review your lore. gilneas was never destroyed, and archimonde had nothing to do with deathwing or azshara. it was, and always has been, the old gods in deathwings case.

This is exactly what the WoW needed for Warcraft 4.

1 brutal orc leading the new new horde and a hot-tempered human leading the alliance.

Otherwise there can't be any war, thrall and cairne are getting old and had enough screentime.

It's time to reopen the conflict, we need some fresh new blood and leaders.

This, I believe is to make the progression to WC 4 more streamlined and easier.
    Because after that next-gen MMO hits, WC 4 will take over and WoW 1 will be done (they NEED an upgrade after this expansion....).

And yeah Lok'thar Ogar let's have some allies for dinner.

TBh, the only bit i'm not sure about is the classic Azeroth revamp bit, and the flying mount functionality. I mean, they'll have to COMPLETELY re-work the whole thing, this isn't a small patch here, this is massive. While Azshara was bound to be modified for this expansion, and Hyjal was going to be unlocked sooner or later, i'm not sure how they'll manage the barrens and Org revamp, as these are still popular areas - what happens to those without the expansion? Ditto thousand needles, how will parts of it be flooded? And how will flying mounts work around the edges of thousand needles? We KNOW there's nothing up beyond those cliffs.

Not sure what to make about Gnomer. Not my favorite instance, i'll not care very much about seeing it go. But I don't want it to be the new capital either for the same reason.

As for BRM, it'll be good to see that return. Awesome gothic castle full of dragons and lava ftw. Having said that, they have a lot to live up to, and given recent trends i'd hate to see what would happen to BRD. Reduced to 2 short corridors with a boss either end no doubt. It'll be a tragedy if you can't get the Leeroy achievement anymore too.

So why exactly do people speculate that Garrosh kills Cairne? Seems bizarre to me, that's not exactly something one could datamine.

He could just get old and pass on.

As a Horde player I would be very upset if Garrosh took Thrall's place, as fun as "me smash weak alliance" is...he's a complete idiot and terrible leader. He represents old Horde and Thrall is a really great character, I can't picture him just up and leaving. Also the idea of him killing Cairne is just weird, I'm fairly certain all of the Tauren would quit Horde (not players the actual Tauren) if someone just up and murdered a really nice old Tauren leader who has led them for ages. Thrall as Guardian would be weird lore wise, he's a Shaman, he has no understanding of magic.

Besides, if Cairne was implicated as a traitor why would his son take his place? That makes no sense.

Thousand Needles is land locked, it would look cool flooded, but would make no sense. Splitting The Barrens seems weird, it doesn't affect much either way, it's practically split as it is, you do the first half and then the second half.

Class race combos don't do much for a gameplay point of view. The novelty of a Troll Druid would wear off quickly.

Rereleasing old content isn't very exciting for the original players who've done it all before.

Also how does this work with new players without the expansion? If everything is phased then effectively the highest level players won't be able to interact with new players.

Having a revamped Azeroth could be cool, as long as it isn't regurgitated content.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba
    TBh, the only bit i'm not sure about is the classic Azeroth revamp bit, and the flying mount functionality. I mean, they'll have to COMPLETELY re-work the whole thing, this isn't a small patch here, this is massive. While Azshara was bound to be modified for this expansion, and Hyjal was going to be unlocked sooner or later, i'm not sure how they'll manage the barrens and Org revamp, as these are still popular areas - what happens to those without the expansion? Ditto thousand needles, how will parts of it be flooded? And how will flying mounts work around the edges of thousand needles? We KNOW there's nothing up beyond those cliffs.

Not sure what to make about Gnomer. Not my favorite instance, i'll not care very much about seeing it go. But I don't want it to be the new capital either for the same reason.

As for BRM, it'll be good to see that return. Awesome gothic castle full of dragons and lava ftw. Having said that, they have a lot to live up to, and given recent trends i'd hate to see what would happen to BRD. Reduced to 2 short corridors with a boss either end no doubt. It'll be a tragedy if you can't get the Leeroy achievement anymore too.
    It is a lot of work. But then again Blizzard puts A LOT of work into their expansions. They created entire continents before, this time they already have the ground rules set,
    they just need to make it more detailed for flying over now, which shouldn't be too bad.

Remember. For every whiny disliker there are probably thousands of silent likers.

If these details are proven to be accurate, I for one will resubcribe - after almost 3 years hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skab
    You need to review your lore. gilneas was never destroyed, and archimonde had nothing to do with deathwing or azshara. it was, and always has been, the old gods in deathwings case.
    And infact if you read the War of the Ancients, you find that Azshara pleaded with the/an Old God(s) to spare her and her kin. The Old God(s) answered and in kind turned her followers into naga and her into some monstrosity we've yet to see.

And you apparently havn't done Yogg Saron if you don't know about Deathwing and the Old God ties he has.

EDIT: Quoting backfired, wasn't aimed at you Skab, was meant at the person you were aiming that comment at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangostuff
    I really hope troll druid has something interesting to offer in terms of new forms.

I will reroll in a heartbeat if new shifting models are released...
    I'm pretty sure that the troll druid cat form would be based on tigers, with the various different coat/stripe combinations we already have in the same. Orange with black, black with white, white with black, white with blue . . . I think it would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't be surprised to see tusks, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see facepaint patterns instead of tusks. After all, both male and female tauren have horns, but most female trolls don't have really big tusks.

Quote Originally Posted by thulkazeam
    Cairne Bloodhoof murdered? are you fucking kidding me? this is shit. despite the good things about the new expansion, i wont be playing wow due to Cairne Bloodhoof's murder, if it is true
    why? because you'r one of those crybabies who can't deal with change.

The idea of having a dynamic and changing world id fantastic.

Moving from continent to continent , leaving dead zones behind is the kind of thing an idiot likes.
    Meh

Ok holy cow…80 some pages of just pure reply on this topic. Being someone who is interested in the community of WoW I took the time to actually read each of the pages. The community seems pretty split on this and well I decided I would post something too. Now those of you who are reading this I will warn: INCOMING WALL OF TEXT. In this I will try to cover each issue brought up. Personally I can see some of this being true and other bits outright false but that will be addressed later in the WALL O’ TEXT.

Oh and before I forget please people be kind in replying to me. I don’t want any G.I.F.T. kind of responses from any of you. I’m doing this as calmly and unbiased as possible so I’d appreciate some respect in any replies.

Issue 1: Boubouille’s reputation in posting this and his supposed sources.

Quote: “None of the information below has been officially announced by Blizzard, this is only a compilation of information gathered from reliable sources. Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.”

Now I know Boubou has a very good reputation and as such I’m inclined to believe parts of what he posted. I also know that if he revealed his sources he would lose all credibility. As such, I’m able to understand him not revealing them, nor shall I ask him to. However seeing as how…extensive…his post is, and how close it is to Blizzcon I take it with a grain of salt.

Issue 2: The name

I’m not going to quote this but naming an expansion simply World of Warcraft: Cataclysm seems like way to much of a cop-out for Blizzard. I understand the whole issue with the copyrighting the name of cataclysm and such but for them to do that just doesn’t sit well with me.

Issue 3: Level Cap

This level cap I can believe. The game is getting exceptionally large and while the advent of xp from heirlooms, recruit a friend, and mount and leveling changes it still is something of a put off to have to level from 1 to 90 or 1 to 100 each time an expansion pops out. This also frees up time for them to focus on art, quests (We need more dk starting zone style or Wrathgate chain style quests imo.) and other stuff. This gets 5 stars from me if it’s true.

Issue 4: New Classes

Wow…I’m most likely to get the most flaming for commenting on this part. This section alone seems to cause a lot of anger and hate in responses.

Quote: Cataclysm doesn't introduce any new classes to the game. Instead, Blizzard has offered more race and classes combinations to players. Some of these have already been datamined from the 3.2.2 Test Realms. The An Injured Colleague quest and it's new Night Elf counter-part help to introduce the lore for these new race and class combinations, so we can probably expect to see more of these for some of the less traditional ones.

• Human Hunter
    • Orc Mage
    • Night Elf Mage
    • Dwarf Mage
    • Blood Elf Warrior
    • Dwarf Shaman
    • Undead Hunter
    • Tauren Paladin
    • Tauren Priest
    • Gnome Priest
    • Troll Druid

Ok I’m going to discuss these one at a time, some glancing over and others in depth.

Human Hunter: I can see this. Having humans being capable to be hunters make sense as being a hunter just requires you to be skilled in ranged fighting and able to communicate to a degree with the wild animals of nature

Orc Mage: While I don’t see this when I picture an Orc I can see it in that to be a mage and to be a warlock requires the same thing, manipulation of arcane energy. Being a warlock is simply a corrupt for of this, were the user uses the corrupted arcane energy, or fel energy, to fuel his spells. If they can be warlocks I can see most choosing this uncorrupt form of magic.

Night Elf Mage: This is a very hard pill to swallow…one I don’t think I can. Night Elves are one of the oldest societies in existence…and I’m not talking hundreds of years. I’m talking thousands. They have seen the first hand affects of rampant arcane magic use. Hell they were the ones who did it. All elves were once one and the same. The Highborn were simply Azshara’s elite caste. After the sundering those who refused to give up their addiction to magic became High Elves. They can be found in Dire Maul and over in Quel’Thalas. High Elves who succumbed even further are the Blood Elves of today. Illidan, brother to Malfurion Stormrage, is a glaring example of “Night Elf Mages” and as such is a glaring reminder to the atrocities that happen when using magic. While they don’t condone its use in the younger races they do realize they can’t stop them from using it and as such do their best to control it from wrecking the world once again. Also the few “arcane” spells used in game by night elves are “arcane” purely for game play reasons. After all if all of a races spells were nature based and an endgame boss was immune to nature spells then you just cut out not a class, not a faction but an entire race from every being useful on that boss.

Dwarf Mage: I can see this. Just like the Orc reasoning and looking at the gnomes. If gnomes can be warlocks why can’t Dwarves be magi?

Dwarf Shaman: This is another hard pill to swallow. While some fringe members of the Dwarves race can be shamans doesn’t mean an entire population can. It’s simply not entrenched in Ironforge dwarf society like it is in their cousins or in the other shamanistic races. And don’t use the Nobundo excuse.

Blood Elf Warrior: Any race should be able to have warriors. All it takes is the determination to master the weapon arts.

Undead Hunter: If Sylvannas can then any undead should be able to.

Tauren Paladin and Priest: These I am outright denying. While people think the whole priest/paladin thing is in connection to the Naaru and light it really is only that way for game mechanics sakes. Technically Troll priests are voodoo witches and so on so forth. However the sole reason for these two class additions is a very, very stretched line of reasoning from a conversation between two Tauren Druids. Remember Ockham’s razor: The simplest solution is the most likely one. MOST LIKELY this conversation was purely a philosophical one based on the idea of night elves being moon and night creatures and Tauren not being so.

Gnome Priest: While I don’t think the majority of them would be interested in having the dedicated faith in something required to be priests they are able to be warlocks so why not. And hey what is the worst that could happen? All gnome guilds and raids? Hmmm maybe that’s the Cataclysm of the next expansion.

Troll Druid: While Trolls can shape shift as has been seen in past raids I don’t see them being druids, as much as I’d like (Mohawk’s, troll tusked, tiger cat form ftw). The reason for this is that night elves despise trolls and trolls despise night elves even more so. Trolls also do not seem as concerned about nature, a prerequisite to being a druid. Also druids are granted these forms out of their dedication to protecting nature. If you recall most of the shape shifting trolls forcibly took the forms from their gods.

Issue 5: New races

Do not bring up the bloody list please. We’ve all seen it by now. Anyway the new races are to be goblins for horde and worgen for alliance. Despite seemingly contradicting himself with different sources describing the worgen I can see this going either way and as such I refuse to decide. They could work as races. They could also be goblins deciding to get into Halloween business and Old Headless getting some new pets from behind the Gilneas wall. ::shrugs::

Issue 6: Revamp of old world

I would love the old world to be revamped, provided they kept all the dungeons. An expansion would allow them to do that. However I don’t see Deathwing and Azshara working together on this. If anything Deathwing is a more in depth Malygos/Ulduar of the next expansion. I do like the idea of old world content being updated. And I do like the idea of it being for everyone in certain parts. Perhaps Gnomer can be the alliance side of rebuilding a city and New Org can be the Horde version.

Issue 7: Classic Dungeon revamp

Simply provide a “heroic” tuning instead of getting rid of the dungeon. That way anyone 80 and above could do that version of the instance without removing the old version. Naxx however should not come back. It makes bloody sense that it was moved from EPL to Northrend. Can’t be in the same bloody spot now can it?...unless Hemet is driving it. Somehow he’s in both Outlands and Northrend at the same time???

Issue 8: Thrall and Garrosh and such

Quote: The Guardian of Tirisfal
    Malfurion Stormrage will be returning to Azeroth to aid in the creation of the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall! Med'an's role in these events is currently unknown.

The New (New) Horde
    Thrall will hand over the leadership of the Horde to Garrosh Hellscream, while he serves as a coordinator for both the Horde and Alliance forces in and effort to combat the new threat of the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Without Thrall to keep Garrosh in check, he declares open war on the Alliance. In the political upheaval Cairne Bloodhoof is implicated as a traitor to the Horde and murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son Baine takes over as the new Tauren chieftain. This could explain why Baine was removed from the game in Patch 3.2.2; you can find more information about this in Ahmo Thunderhorn - replacement for Baine Bloodhoof?

First part: What the @#$% does Thrall and Malfurion have to do with the Guardian of Tirisfal. This part is definitely the most strained. The Guardian is Med’dan soon and his role is to protect us from the BURNING LEGION and SARGERAS not be referee between the two factions…Malfurion is trapped in the Emerald Dream anyway (my bet is that Fandral is keeping him there)

Second part: Why would Thrall hand it over to Garrosh? While he loves him like a son because of his best bud Grommash he isn’t stupid. Saurfang also wouldn’t allow Garrosh to be Warchief as he, along with Cairne, has the best bet to be the next one if Thrall died. Garrosh is also extremely bipolar. He’s emo in Outlands; yes I did that loretastic quest chain. Then he is a raving lunatic in Northrend. If anyone ended up killing Cairne it would more likely be Magatha in a bid for power. And Saurfang would stop, peacefully at first and forcefully if he had to, Garrosh from leading the Orcs back down the road he went through.

Well these are my thoughts. Some of it I can see and gladly welcome. A lot of it seems more like Boubouille got ahead of himself in excitement or wanted to come up with something that got conversation started as Blizzcon comes around the corner. At worst this reads like a horrible fan-fiction made by someone who has no idea about the lore (which at best Blizzard tries to keep to, hell they have a guy whose sole job is to keep them in line on these things) or the Warcraft Universe in general other than a few names of key figures.

why would you think that the lvl cap is 100? I mean just because its the lvl cap in many other games doesnt mean shit in wow, since there are a lot of thing in wow that doesnt really make any sence what so ever.

Also I think most of what was written is bullshit. Blizzard have said that they wont remake shit in the classic azeroth world mostly because that would be more work then actually making a new continent. Also I dont think they would change entire azeroth for one expansion when its not the last. Cataclysm will probably be the last expansion.
    The next two expansions have as far as I know already been leaked and they are The emerald dream and the mealstrom.

meh...didn't post mah pictures

so here are the links. This first one goes to the gift statement i mentioned in the beginning: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

This one is is for the troll druid discussion: http://mythori.deviantart.com/art/Tr...form-109495546

Quote Originally Posted by Mannakae
    Issue 2: The name

I’m not going to quote this but naming an expansion simply World of Warcraft: Cataclysm seems like way to much of a cop-out for Blizzard. I understand the whole issue with the copyrighting the name of cataclysm and such but for them to do that just doesn’t sit well with me.
    Why would you call it "a cop-out"? Would you prefer something artificially grandiose like World of Warcraft: Shit Gets Fucked Up In A Cataclysm?