Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Drumaroth
    Damn i never understood why Cairne forced by blizz to be the most desrespected race leader to evry1, im a tauren and i want to remember him only as he was in the stratgegy.SRSLY!

He was my 2nd Fav hero there, , , i mean shockwave war stomp etc etc <3 unique weapon`s 2 totems X on hes back not 1 in the hand!, He had titans grip since always!!!, cool looks, rasta hair, an AXE!!!!!!! wise voice, a slow movement beast! pwning all that fast movement little thingys that live in anxiety, thats why i loved Taurens because of HIM and hes epic coolness.

Most underrated race leader in the history of wow EVER!!! he could be alllloooot more active, they killed him tottaly alrdy, through all that years. They abandoned him.And in year 2009 they finally understood that he is way too abandoned and uncool...

That pathetic npc in green gears in Thunderbluf dosnt look like the mighty Cairne to me. Only hes type of weapon reminds him a bit.

He could be redisigned 100% to the real Cairne in hes battle suit, once again rdy for the big wars.

He could be even in that "cut scene" in front of Icecrown gate, imagine him to Tremble the earth with a war stomp while evry1 was fighting alrdy and all the %ckin pupets doing %ckin silence after that!!.... while rocks fallin from the ledges and dust makin a big circle of silence..

And all you hear is cold wind and an old wise and calm voice to say "Enouph"

Cairne points high and after that The forsaken going on with the speech....

!!!!!!

Anyway ....
    Respect to Cairne the first tauren i ever played!!! Long Live!

I hope his son will get all that cool stuff that we missed , , for all those years..-I hope they will give Cairne at least a respectfull death, or a more respectfull cause of death, smthing like a sacrifice not ezly understandable by us, a ridle that gets solved only to the next exp, because he is/was THAT wise.
    Cairne used a 2-handed halberd in WC3. Never said anything about Titan's Grip.

I doubt he's more underrated than Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Khaxx
    Exactly, it's not really a "change".

It's like in a tv series when they have sweeps and decide to kill off a beloved character who isn't quite a main character but has no reason to be killed off. Dr Beckett in Star Gate Atlantis anyone?

They just come up with a quick death for them even though they haven't been in the front of anything, and everyone generally likes them, then the audience grieves and is upset for a while creating more buzz.
    I was sad when he died.

Since I haven't seen it mentioned yet I would like to point out one thing.

GNOMES ALREADY HAVE PRIESTS!

Theyr'e just stuck in Gnomeregan.Theyr'e in the clean zone(?),with those little washing machines,casting heal spells and power word fortitude on the warriors.Theyr'e listed as Holdout medics.

*Edited for the right mob name.

Honestly, I don't see Thrall handing over the Horde, nor do I see him becoming a mage and charging off to become a Guardian. I mean, seriously. The only people who were originally in the Council of Tirisfal were Highbourne, humans, and gnomes. Considering the fact that it was a line of powerful humans and elves leading up to Aegwynn, then Medivh (who is still around, as far as I can gather, in some way, shape, or form), I have a feeling that Med'an will be the next Guardian.

But, then again, that's just my speculation. ^^;

if they don't announce a major graphic upgrade.. i'm done with wow, b/c i can't continue the same ole round robin 'n maintain interest with these current crap graphics.. plus new graphic engine usually means physics 'n big gameplay improvements.

hmmm...noticed there isn't a new class for Draenei (yet?) Would be nice to have Draenei warlocks or something...

Quote Originally Posted by sincarino
    hmmm...noticed there isn't a new class for Draenei (yet?) Would be nice to have Draenei warlocks or something...
    /headdesk

They already exist. They're called Eredar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    I don't believe most of the information about Cataclysm.

But I've been wrong almost every time before so.. It must be true.

10+ Year Old Account

I have been lurking on this site since the original Goblin/Worgen announcement. Just registered a couple hours ago. Had to post in this epic topic to say I believe this expansion is happening. The naysayers and doubters may want to be a little less absolute and insulting with your wording because, as of now, we are going to have to set up an all-you-can-eat crow buffet next weekend.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

So what happens when most of this is proven wrong? I'm just wondering really?

I'm sorry but a lot of it doesn't sound anything like what Blizz would do. Yeah, I wouldn't mind them going back and revisiting Azeroth. It has been a long time for them to remodel the original content and get it up to date with access to flying mounts. But you have to remember that old Azeroth has a lot of history in it. There is more then just little tidbits that exploring players can find. Not to mention, Vanilla can and does play on anything including toaster ovens and Apple IIs.

It would be a shame and a crime for them to go back and ruin that. But if it allows me to fly around on a normal mount, I'm willing to give a little.

But what gets me the most is the level cap to 85. That sounds to much like udder crap. Sorry for the language, but I think it is needed to express my feelings towards that. 5 levels to be more "epic". I'm sorry, but Beta Wrath wasn't that epic at 8 to 15 hours per level. Nothing was fun about griding 5-10 dailies for 2 weeks so that I could hit a level. Yes, it did seem to make each zone a little more grander, but if it takes me over 2 months to get 5 levels... I'm not leveling an alt.

And that is what makes this game unique in a way. People like playing alts. They like to experience other classes and characters, not to mention the play styles they all bring to the table. The very thought that they'd change how leveling works, after 5 years, does sound at all like something they would do. Heck, if you haven't noticed, lately all the changes have been made to make leveling easier and to allow people a better time in making and enjoying alts. There is a reason for Conquerors tokens being placed in 5 man instances, and it wasn't for casuals.

Also, I'd probably take bets on their being a "neutral" faction rather then added races to each faction if they in fact do add in Worgen and Goblins as playable races. I'm not talking about a faction that can choose both sides at the same time, because that would totally mess up PVP balance and bring a huge can of worms to the table. I'm talking about races that get the choice to be either horde or alliance. It could be the
    Worgen or Goblins, possibly even Ogres and Naga. But this also brings up some PVP problems that Blizz won't wanna deal with. It would be kind of hard to do any sort of PVP when you have no clue if a race is on your side or not.

Yet, honestly I can say that I really doubt that there will be new races. The whole assumption of their being new races is off of some mask skins for a Halloween event. What do children normally wear for Halloween? Scary masks. What is scarier then a Goblin or a Worgen? Okay, maybe a Blood Elf, but only if his name is Michael. I guess common sense on that one really has gone out the window.

Anyways, I never really post here, but since this topic has been up on the front page for the past few days with no real provability till next week's Blizzcon, I think we all deserver a little right to post our two cents worth about it.

Hehe... I'd run naked through next years Blizzcon if indeed this is all 100% true. I'd have to get some funding on it though ~wink wink~.

Quote Originally Posted by Erixi
    But what gets me the most is the level cap to 85. That sounds to much like udder crap. Sorry for the language, but I think it is needed to express my feelings towards that. 5 levels to be more "epic". I'm sorry, but Beta Wrath wasn't that epic at 8 to 15 hours per level. Nothing was fun about griding 5-10 dailies for 2 weeks so that I could hit a level. Yes, it did seem to make each zone a little more grander, but if it takes me over 2 months to get 5 levels... I'm not leveling an alt.

And that is what makes this game unique in a way. People like playing alts. They like to experience other classes and characters, not to mention the play styles they all bring to the table. The very thought that they'd change how leveling works, after 5 years, does sound at all like something they would do. Heck, if you haven't noticed, lately all the changes have been made to make leveling easier and to allow people a better time in making and enjoying alts. There is a reason for Conquerors tokens being placed in 5 man instances, and it wasn't for casuals..
    ... wrath beta..like beta? Beta isnt a game, its testserver.. Your first paragraph doesnt make a sense. Not even the other part of it.

About your second paragraph, how does it affect easier leleving? It doesnt at all. It helps you get three better epaxes or so as alt..

Last part, wasnt for casuals? Mainly this change was made so people can utilize last missing pieces of their gear so they can enter CC and ulduar easier.. Thus they can enter an clear iecrown before wrath ends..

While some of this information sounds plausable and interesting, some of it just sounds ridiculous.

Making over Azeroth sounds very cool, but Thrall giving over Leadership to Garrosh is just plain silly. There are many others who would be better suited as Warchief, Sylvanas, Saurfang, Cairne...etc etc etc. Hell, I would take Jaina over Garrosh any day of the week.

The new classes for old races sounds good as well, but some of the races getting certain classes sound soutlandish at best. Seriously, Tauran Paladins, DwarfShammans give me a break.

While I don't think MMo-Champ is lieing to us or putting out false information. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to put out issinformation to get peopleo buy Blizzcon over the next or on Direct Tv. They are afterall in the business of making money, and this just sound sliek one of those things they do to meet those ends.

Just my 2 cents.

Alright Blizzard stop messing around this is awful imo.

Thrall is no longer the leader of the horde WTF?!?
    Carnie Bloodhoof is dead WTF?!?
    Undead Hunters is an awful idea.
    Please I beg you I have been playing since 2006 don't change the old world of azeroth I sometimes just love to go back to the old zones they are filled with memories for me.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Wait ...isn´t there something called blizzcon ? I think we all should wait and see...

Yeah, just wait and see ... At the end of the day, there will be an announcement.
    I pledge myself to the Darkness

I really hope Garrosh won't be the new leader or we would have to send out assasins to kill him to get a better one.. That guy is worse than Wrynn and that's saying alot. And also why would Thrall leave as leader of the horde? If he leaves he's got no power left to decide any outcome and he knows what Garrosh is like so if it will come true he will work for peace by making the biggest warmonger in the world leader for one of the sides....

Anyways rant over about what I would hate if it's true. Most of the stuff sounds great but the theme makes me wonder if this is it for WoW after Cataclysm.

As ctrl alt delete put it:
    http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/sillies.php?d=20090815

/post in legendary thread

This all sounds awesome, I'd like to see Tyrande in some kind of cutscene forgiving the Highborne.

I hate the fact Garrosh is becoming leader of the Horde though, as Alliance player myself I have great respect for the Horde wich is purely based on the wise and awesome Thrall, who fights for some kind of allegiance between the Horde and Alliance (see the questline with The Battle for Undercity). I for one hope for this allegiance to come true one day, as we share many common enemies. Though it's impossible gameplay-wise it'd be cool.

Time to shit bricks come blizzCON ;D

ps. Any way to change the number of posts shown on page ? took a while to browse trough this...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by McGnarlz
    One definite pointer of nerd rage is to quit a game, not for lack of game play, but lack of lore (or thought lack of lore). The game will still be fun, even if some crazy tauren bitch got facepwned, you almost never do anything involving faction leaders aside from killing them.
    Why "lack" of lore ? I only call this "development" of lore.
    Oh, hi.