Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Lies
    The Most Correct Statement in This Topic: THIS IS NOT TRUE! Before you all read my confirmations, just think of how true this is.
    This at the beginning of your post makes you lose all credibility, and the fact that your forum name is Lies makes it even worse.

And I just love the "Before you all read my confirmations" part. Are you so deep into blizzard you can quote "Confirm" unquote that this is wrong?

And no, you didn't write any of Warcraft's lore, so stop playing pretend.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Anyway, the speculation is the x-pac will use phasing technology, so the lowbies probably won't even see the level 85's or the new worlds.
    Yup, same thinking here.. for all we know we might alrdy be playing in phased out world with lvl 85 GMs and alpha test crew flying over our heads ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AssasinxXx
    Remember, that guy in EPL (his name escapes me) is a Undead Hunter, there is no reason Undead cant be hunters, they are after all, just dead humans
    Good point, but humans are paladins too... Undead paladins? Eh... :P
    Still tho, i can't remember when playing W3 that i saw any undead hunters.
    If WoW follows the warcraft lore... as much as i know of it...
    And that Undead in EPL, is it the guy that stands allone with a small house and a few dogs, fel dogs iirc, on top of a small hill?
    "Noting beats the sight of gnomes runing arround in fear, consumed by fire!"
    Sharain - Fire warlock

The EPL undead hunter is Nathanos Blightcaller. He used to be Nathanos Marris, the "first and last of the human ranger lords", so not only is he an undead hunter, but he used to be a human hunter. Therefore, there is no reason that humans and undead can't be hunters. Humans are capable of learning the art and can be taught by their dwarf, draenei and night elf allies, and Sylvanus herself was Nathanos' trainer, so she could easily pass on her extensive knowledge as a ranger to her subjects.

Also, it still seems fairly unfriendly to the lore for undead to utilize the Light and become paladins. If that were possible, the Scourge would have already taken advantage of it. Just remembering how damaging the Light at Light's Hope Chapel was to the Lich King himself says as much. And before someone says, "but they can be priests!", I already mentioned in a previous post, and someone else also said it, that priests are not fueled by the light, but by faith. They don't even have to necessarily believe in any gods, so long as they have faith in themselves. That's how undead priests gained and continue to maintain their power.

I'm gonna laugh when we find out this is all completely wrong.

They can do what they want to WoW, but changing Warcraft lore a little too much in an x-pac is kinda sad.

Thrall retired?
    Carine killed?

This is something I want to watch in an epic movie... not rushed through on a grind to 85.

Hopefully Blizz reconsiders... I will miss the epic tauren.

I also feel it requires mentioning (though it could have been mentioned before) that a lot of people are pointing to Blood Elf Rogues as an example of a class of belf that doesn't use mana. That is completely false. The class description for Rogue in WoW, maybe since vanilla (I don't remember reading it, though), says that they use "minor mysticism" in their works, which would explain being able to not only be very sneaky, but borderline INVISIBLE. A person doesn't just naturally do that. It's not terribly important (a lot of people are trying to use belf rogues as an explanation for belf warriors not using mana) but something people often overlook and I felt compelled to clarify.

Deleted

94 pages of speculation... and none of you figured it out yet?

Cyborgs... cyborgs.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    94 pages of information given out by a reliable source who has given reliable information that people have claimed is fake in the past, who is unable to reveal his sources for fear of compromising said source, losing out on future information and getting decent people fired?

Cyborgs... cyborgs.
    Fixed.

new race leaked? not sure whethe it's real, someone made a big discovery here.
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009...339456,2.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    I also feel it requires mentioning (though it could have been mentioned before) that a lot of people are pointing to Blood Elf Rogues as an example of a class of belf that doesn't use mana. That is completely false. The class description for Rogue in WoW, maybe since vanilla (I don't remember reading it, though), says that they use "minor mysticism" in their works, which would explain being able to not only be very sneaky, but borderline INVISIBLE. A person doesn't just naturally do that. It's not terribly important (a lot of people are trying to use belf rogues as an explanation for belf warriors not using mana) but something people often overlook and I felt compelled to clarify.
    So? No mana, no arcane, no fireballs pew pew, no lightning bolts... They're like batman. No super powers but lots of epicness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Thrall stepping down so he can go work with Ally and Horde?? Screw that, Thrall doesn't work with the Ally he works thier faces, so lameeee

Quote Originally Posted by McGnarlz
    So? No mana, no arcane, no fireballs pew pew, no lightning bolts... They're like batman. No super powers but lots of epicness.
    Just to clarify, "arcane" and "mana" are not synonymous. Paladins use mana to fuel their Light abilities, priests use mana as a catalyst for their faith-based powers, and mages expend mana to cast spells. "Mana" isn't so much directly related to the arcane as it is a source of energy within all living things in WoW. Kind of like chi (and all the chakras and such), only it's more magical based. The Well of Eternity did fill the entirety of Azeroth with magic before it got blowed up.

That means that, while non-belf rogues might focus more on faith "energy" or some such, the blood elf variety are almost definitely focused around the arcane that they covet so much. That would explain their ability to move at supernatural speeds and, as I mentioned before, become almost completely invisible.

Back on topic, I really like what I'm reading. I had brought up the (purely speculative, completely unfounded and likely wrong) possibility that Cataclysm could literally be "WoW2" mostly because of the thought that Blizzard might not want to lose the current WoW fanbase that doesn't care about the old world. It won't happen, of course, and they'll be eliminating the old world from WoW forever, replacing it with what looks to be a much more interesting, entertaining version, with a lot more lore, and better presentation of said lore. We'll see how it goes. I'll miss you, Thousand Needles. Well, not really.

the information that you link is usually 99% accurate and people that want to troll the information posted are just enjoying the status as "f**ktards" (reference the f**ktard theory) ive never been let down or disillusioned by any of your past posts. keep up the good work and thanks for the early info on the new expansion

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook
    Just to clarify, "arcane" and "mana" are not synonymous. Paladins use mana to fuel their Light abilities, priests use mana as a catalyst for their faith-based powers, and mages expend mana to cast spells. "Mana" isn't so much directly related to the arcane as it is a source of energy within all living things in WoW. Kind of like chi (and all the chakras and such), only it's more magical based. The Well of Eternity did fill the entirety of Azeroth with magic before it got blowed up.
    I know mana isn't only arcane, remember what I said about lightning bolts? But anyway I was just pointing out, no matter what element of magic it is, it's usually involved with mana (DK's use deathrunes to channel magic or w/e, but don't have mana). Rogues though, the sneaking is really only made invisible because it's the only way it would work. Ofc, Maybe they look invisible, but what the player see's and who he's controlling see's are different. Because, realistically no one can notice someone behind them, so maybe stealthing just works the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

if any of this will be confirmed, in any cases it will be the best expansion yet.
    remember that from day one, outlands and northrend were already there. we didnt discovered anything new, those places were supposed to be here. wow is 10 years after wc3, so every zone we explored in the past few years was already explored, we all should have played in while we were level 60 in vanilla.
    so, 'changing' lore is just goin on with the story. and we were waiting this since we finished wc3. finally something really new happens i hope. well ok, we killed illidan, we are goin to kill arthas, but come on, the wc was never a game about kill the last boss, it's a story you live. so take it easy and hope to see the story continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Starslayer
    Thrall stepping down so he can go work with Ally and Horde?? Screw that, Thrall doesn't work with the Ally he works thier faces, so lameeee
    I've been seeing a lot of comments like this, and I agree. Consider this, though:

Garrosh challenged Thrall for the mantle of Warchief just before WotLK went live. This could come back up after Arthas' inevitable fall, and Garrosh might just win. Thrall seems the type to hold back so as not to accidentally kill a decent friend, not to mention the son of his fallen comrade, Grom. Therefore, Garrosh might literally earn his place as Warchief. It's not the best form of governmental election, but Thrall, and the horde as a whole, are suckers for tradition a lot of the time.

Also, the assassination of Cairne may not be 100% accurate, as some of the information listed is sketchy, and doesn't claim to be completely solid. If he is killed, we don't know for sure if Garrosh would be completely in the wrong. It seems likely, based on his current demeanor, that Garrosh would be at fault, the hot-headed, blood-thirsty orc that he is. Still, maybe Cairne does cross a boundary, or maybe it's an accident, and Garrosh immediately gets blamed because he's the first person anyone would guess did it. If Saurfang bites it in Icecrown (which would suck but probably be an epic event), who could or would be able to take Cairne down? Sylvanus and Vol'jin have no qualms, so Garrosh would be an easy scapegoat, even if he's not necessarily to blame, and most of the other horde faction leaders wouldn't care to try and stop him, if they knew what he was planning at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McGnarlz
    I know mana isn't only arcane, remember what I said about lightning bolts? But anyway I was just pointing out, no matter what element of magic it is, it's usually involved with mana (DK's use deathrunes to channel magic or w/e, but don't have mana). Rogues though, the sneaking is really only made invisible because it's the only way it would work. Ofc, Maybe they look invisible, but what the player see's and who he's controlling see's are different. Because, realistically no one can notice someone behind them, so maybe stealthing just works the same way.
    Yes, it would make sense from a game design stand-point that characters would have to literally be made invisible for "sneaking" to work, but like I said, the actual class description on the character creation screen says that rogues use some small forms of magic. I wouldn't call the ability "Vanish" if the character wasn't literally disappearing. Also, Shadowstep is a form of teleportation, like Blink meets charge. Finally, you can hide in plain sight right in front of someone while stealthed (if their stealth detection isn't up to snuff, of course). I'm not trying to argue with you, of course (this is actually getting pretty interesting), just trying to get into the minds of the Devs and lore writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starslayer
    this is just not true.

95 pages here, not going to read through all of it so I apologise if someone already pointed this out.

If this is true (which I personally believe it is, or at least a fairly good representation of what lies in store, I trust the sources), it is most probable they will use Caverns of Time.

New level 1 characters start in the original world, and once you reach level 80 you can perform some sort of quest chain (a big Wrathgate kinda quest) which would initiate you into the new version of the world, separately instanced with the changes applied to it. There's could be a portal which would simply take you back to the old version of the world. Problem solved?

Reading through the Blizzcon 2009 Schedule, the only really new wow stuff we're getting this year is Ice Crown Citadel, nothing more and nothing less.
    Sorry but this is a SC2/D3 year