Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by balatro
    He doesn't have to cite the source. Merely citing an anonymous source says it all "Hey, someone working for Blizzard gave me this info."

Citing no source however, even an anonymous one NEVER bodes well. It's the equivalent of saying I made everything up. If that is the case then, please entertain us as to why you feel that that is the natural progression of events for this next expansion.

Blizzard can't (legally anyway) attempt to track the source outside of its office(s). They can monitor email, computer use, company phone lines, block service from cell phones in the office, etc. But it ends there. They're not about to begin bugging developers' homes to find who leaked information to Bou. I believe it was Xerox or HP that did that a few years back ... yea, that ended well for everyone involved.
    Actually, they can and probably will discipline the person found leaking company exclusive information, the term is called "Non-Disclosure Agreement" and it is very prevalent in the software and gaming industry, you can and will be sued for breaking one of these. i used to write legal contracts for a computer programming/software development company, and the company strickly enforced the NDA's when sensitive material was leaked, i personally know a man who was prosecuted, and found guilty of industrial espionage for doing just that, leaking vital information. now, im not saying that this is the case with game-sensitive information, nor am i saying that Blizzard will choose to enforce this as strictly, but PLEASE know that they legally CAN.

p.s. if this sort of post was made earlier in this now-massive thread, i apologize, but i just wanted to point that out.

Deleted

Alright,

Thank you for the post! Really Awesome and thank you for all the uploads you give us all the time, with patches, Beta testings, etc. MMO-champ you are for the win, really. Now for all the haters here ...
    Can't you see it? Blizzard is taking World of Warcraft to the next level ...
    Just think of it! Warcraft Lore is AMAZING and Blizzard as Solid Company as it is will never ruin that! NEVER!
    So don't say they just leech money ... Why are you playing then? Just so you can say that? C'mon people!

If this comes to live, this will only improve the Lore ...

Why not Troll Druids? They are connected with Nature. And they change forms more often than Taurens if we look from Lore Perspective.

Why not Dwarf Shamans? They live inside Harsh Rock Element of Earth!

Why would a Beast Pet eat Undead Master? Cause of the bones? Sure ... Why not eat a ton of Tauren Meat then?

List goes on ...

If the old Azeroth is taken to the next level we get old Legends, Myths reborn! What's better than that? Taken whole Warcraft Lore to the next stage! Azeroth is not a world of Super Mortals that can overtake the Universe!

Alright we can see why the goblins could join the Horde and you ask why Worgens, they have nothing connected with Alliance? Oh but they do!

Gilneas were once a Great Human Kingdom and they blocked themselves from the other world with building the Greymane Wall. And they did that cause the Gilneas/Alliance resources went on keeping the Orcs alive in their camps! And if the New Horde comes to play and Jaina and Thrall are gone, no one will be able to keep the vast two leaders at bay! And Varian Wrynn will call for new heroes and Gilneas are known to hate Orcs, Horde now

So all I have to say is that if the Classic World gets ravaged and we get Azshara rise again and A lot of stuff to be reborn and Blizzard will not just put the same dungeons inside, they will make new Raids with possible same bosses at the end but that doesn't mean they will have the same abilities and i don't know what, they will be the same characters but that's about all that will remain the same. So at the end we get ourselves a Great Expansion that will continue the Lore

Blizzard will not ruin it. Far from that! Blizzard will make it Awesome!

I hope by tomorrow at the very least we have two new playable races. If the revamping of the old world is correct thats even better.

Troll druids?:O

omg!
    awesome! they have been shapeshifting ever since vanilla so i guess its logical.
    Trolls i guess are the 'bad' version of the night elf.
    id so reroll troll druid.
    hopefully bliz will introduce a faction/crossfaction race change.
    would make a lot of sense people will be changing toons just for the lols.
    New druid skins for trolls would be sweet as well.

only thing that strikes me as odd is Undead hunter and gnome priest.

i mean omg have you seen the undead with guns?:P
    plenty of hunters choose the darkhound as a pet. id props roll one if i wanted to make a hunter!
    wonder what the goblin classes would be....
    Warrior,Hunter,Rogue.......?

The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Are you serious?? alliance get shape-shifting worgen (awesome) and horde get goblins... wth! Not trolling or QQ here, just very disappointed if this comes to pass. I'm even surprised that no one else seems to be bothered by goblins, where's the redeeming quality? ugh! I mean.... have you SEEN the goblins?

Granted, there's a lot of lore around goblins, thats fine, but a playable race? gimme a break, I was so looking forward to naga, or some sort of cool little demon or whatnot, not goblins There's also lore they can develop upon regarding the forsaken faction which isnt entirely loyal to horde, more like a pact than sharing the horde faction... they can do something there and branch out into demon races or whatnot... goblins, bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Moomoomee
    The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Are you serious?? alliance get shape-shifting worgen (awesome) and horde get goblins... wth! Not trolling or QQ here, just very disappointed if this comes to pass. I'm even surprised that no one else seems to be bothered by goblins, where's the redeeming quality? ugh! I mean.... have you SEEN the goblins?

Granted, there's a lot of lore around goblins, thats fine, but a playable race? gimme a break, I was so looking forward to naga, or some sort of cool little demon or whatnot, not goblins There's also lore they can develop upon regarding the forsaken faction which isnt entirely loyal to horde, more like a pact than sharing the horde faction... they can do something there and branch out into demon races or whatnot... goblins, bleh

So you want to nearly destroy all of the lore from BC about fighting the Burning Legion and allow demons in the horde? A horde already devolving into chaos because Garrosh is in charge? I really can't agree with you there. Also, they've already said "no naga" on several occasions. No legs, no mounts (though sea turtles are listed at wowwiki), no lower-body gear. And there isn't a single "good" naga in lore so far. As easy as it would be for Bliz to write in some new lore crap to get them in, I think after the Draenei lore fiasco (most people I've come across outright hate it) they wouldn't do something so drastic.

Finally, why so much hate on the goblins? They used to work with the orcs forever ago, the provide free zeppelin services to them (a major point against their "total neutrality"), and the story behind the goblins joining the horde in the first post gives them a pretty solid reason. Everybody keeps bashing alliance for getting a "cooler new race", but the horde have had Tauren since the beginning, which are awesome, and the human and night elf male models have always left much to be desired visually. Plus, they got stuck with gnomes.

Alliance getting a cool new race with lore that makes sense (lol space goats) is a nice touch, and goblins being a member of the horde has always made sense (demon influence notwithstanding, Warcraft 2 much?).

Edit: Forgot about Skar'this the Heretic, a friendly naga quest-giver, but I don't see him starting a full-on rebellion any time soon. Not with Aszhara coming out of the woodworks to trash Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeHealBot
    Looks to me you have missed 3/4 of the lore. Try again.
    At which part? If fooling around with magic blows 1 continent into 3 the first time I'm pretty sure the entire race isn't going to go oh well that's in the past now a couple of years down the line. Besides why Goblins? I hate Goblins, a Troll Druid I can maybe understand, a Taurn Paladin, okay getting a little crazy but sure, there's a few Naru to kidnap lying about, seriously though why the hell would Trall resign? and why would Hellscream kill Bloodhoof. there's still a lot more other things blizzard could cover such as the emerald dream, an apparently large piece of the story that gets around 4 quests and a dungeon or 2 devoted to it. A revamp for the old world is a nice idea but even if they are revamping the low level areas again I'm still not going to go back and quest through them again at top level, it seems like an idea for people bored of leveling in the same old areas and even then you'll get bored of the new ones. I'd like to see some underwater content from the massive chunk of the continent that was sunk when Azshara went crazy but there's still plenty in this list that defies the current lore, if all of it was made to fit in without simply telling us to disregard warcraft 1, 2, 3 and everything before that I'd be fine with it all, except goblins, I already want to kick every 12 year old playing a gnome into the nearest fire and goblins are just the horde equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account

Try reading WoW comics, they explain a lot of internal affairs within horde itself. Cairne is a pacifist, he does not want open war, Garrosh on other hand... he is a kick ass old school orc, he doesnt agree with diplomacy, trade, for him only way for horde is WAR.

You hate goblins and don't want them as new race because of that simple reason ? I'd wish for belfs to be part off alliance, yet it's decision made by developers and can't argue much with it. Goblins joining horde is expected, in a past they were part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XaeroA
    ....I already want to kick every 12 year old playing a gnome....
    That " everyone who I hate in WoW must be under 14 " moniker is getting old. There are plenty of stupid adults who play gnomes too, you know.

Getting back on topic, I don't know if alot of these new Mage classes will be brought in. I can see where the Night Elf Mage / Highborne could come in, but Orc Mages? Thrall is supposedly joining the Council of Tirisfal, so I suppose it's feasible. It's not a huge stretch to consider that Orc Warlocks do the same thing with Shadow Magics.

As for the overwhelming posts regarding the goblins and worgen... Frankly, I hope it does happen. I think Goblins would be a perfect addition to the Horde. They've always been favored to the Horde (hell, the Alliance have one chained up in Howling Fjord) and, like most of the Horde Races, are just trying to survive in a harsh world. The Forsaken and Blood Elves are both out for themselves as well; it's an alliance of convenience.

The worgen make sense for the Alliance due their position in Gilneas; it was once an Alliance superpower and it's been wayside for sometime. They have plenty of good reasons to bring worgen to the Alliance.

Frankly, the Cataclysm sounds like a fantastic way to bring life to the old world. It seriously needs it. I liked the idea read earlier about having a gateway in the Caverns of Time to be able to travel back to an pre-cataclysm world, where lowbies would level and then as the events went on, they were phased into the post-cataclysm world. The only way to get back would be to travel back in time (possibly engineered by everyone's favorite time traveller Chromie?) and do things there. It gives rise to alot of other possibilities too; revamping old dungeons with new content; modifying the world so that people look at it and go " Whoa, I don't remember it looking like that! What happened!? " and then looking for quests to explain what's going on.

If Blizzard does this, they're making a move in the right direction.

So we are 99.9% certain now? I still hope that .1 can do something here. I don't like the way this is going. New class is the main thing I wanted (Demon hunter maybe) but where the current lore I dont know where they could fit this in. Also, Blizzard is having so many issues with the class talents, I'm not sure they're ready for a new class (which will bring 3 new talent sets).

not sure if its been mentioned in the 104 pages discussed, however if nightelves start using arcane power, will their physical characteristics change as well? I remember reading on Wowwiki.com somewhere that the reason Bloodelves (and high elves) look different than Night elves is due to changes caused by using arcane magics and is not reversable.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Quote Originally Posted by Rafebann
    That " everyone who I hate in WoW must be under 14 " moniker is getting old. There are plenty of stupid adults who play gnomes too, you know.

Getting back on topic, I don't know if alot of these new Mage classes will be brought in. I can see where the Night Elf Mage / Highborne could come in, but Orc Mages? Thrall is supposedly joining the Council of Tirisfal, so I suppose it's feasible. It's not a huge stretch to consider that Orc Warlocks do the same thing with Shadow Magics.

As for the overwhelming posts regarding the goblins and worgen... Frankly, I hope it does happen. I think Goblins would be a perfect addition to the Horde. They've always been favored to the Horde (hell, the Alliance have one chained up in Howling Fjord) and, like most of the Horde Races, are just trying to survive in a harsh world. The Forsaken and Blood Elves are both out for themselves as well; it's an alliance of convenience.

The worgen make sense for the Alliance due their position in Gilneas; it was once an Alliance superpower and it's been wayside for sometime. They have plenty of good reasons to bring worgen to the Alliance.

Frankly, the Cataclysm sounds like a fantastic way to bring life to the old world. It seriously needs it. I liked the idea read earlier about having a gateway in the Caverns of Time to be able to travel back to an pre-cataclysm world, where lowbies would level and then as the events went on, they were phased into the post-cataclysm world. The only way to get back would be to travel back in time (possibly engineered by everyone's favorite time traveller Chromie?) and do things there. It gives rise to alot of other possibilities too; revamping old dungeons with new content; modifying the world so that people look at it and go " Whoa, I don't remember it looking like that! What happened!? " and then looking for quests to explain what's going on.

If Blizzard does this, they're making a move in the right direction.
    My GM's wife is a Gnome Mage and she's over 30.

And she could kick your ass any day
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Exactly... stereotyping in WoW is ALWAYS a bad idea. Because you're going to be wrong, period.

I have two gnomes at level 80, one my new main, one my former main. I just turned 41 the other day. So think before you assume next time.

Many people play gnomes because they find them fun. If you don't, that's your problem, not the people that play them. There are plenty of immature people that play EVERY race. And notice I didn't say immature kids. There are plenty of both immature kids and adults in the game. Meh... it's part of being in a social atmosphere. Don't group with them, don't associate with them. Nobody forces you to.

But everything I've heard about the new expansion sounds like a lot of fun! And if you ready what he actually wrote? They're not talking about making the expansion only just a bunch of new leveling experiences. They're going to rework much, and open areas that haven't been open before, for people to level from 80-85 in.

Other than CoT, nobody's been in present day Hyjal, unless you're talking about using tricks, whatnot, to get into areas you weren't meant to be in. They mentioned areas to fly to, that haven't been accessible before. And he also mentioned several underwater zones. Hrm... sounds like we could have as many new zones as either BC or WotLK had. o.O So why don't people see the info about the zones, etc., before you assume you know EXACTLY what this new world will look like. Bou gave us a taste, which is all Bou had. We'll see it as it develops. And yes, I believe he's accurate about what he's posted.

Have fun with the soon-to-come announcement, folks, and we'll see you in Azeroth, at least those on Dalaran!

well after watch the stream he was right lol

So how many of you moronic mouth breathing retards calling out this "SOMETHINGAWFUL TROLL" are going to be eating your words now?
    Thinking close to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    None of the information below has been officialy announced by Blizzard, this is only a compilation of information gathered from reliable sources. Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT to make me post something on the front page and I'm definitely not speculating here.
    Now that the announcement has been officially made, I believe I can write with some certainty - "you sir, are a WoW god."

Crow, it's what's for dinner for a lot of people tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonTook

So you want to nearly destroy all of the lore from BC about fighting the Burning Legion and allow demons in the horde? A horde already devolving into chaos because Garrosh is in charge? I really can't agree with you there. Also, they've already said "no naga" on several occasions. No legs, no mounts (though sea turtles are listed at wowwiki), no lower-body gear. And there isn't a single "good" naga in lore so far. As easy as it would be for Bliz to write in some new lore crap to get them in, I think after the Draenei lore fiasco (most people I've come across outright hate it) they wouldn't do something so drastic.

Finally, why so much hate on the goblins? They used to work with the orcs forever ago, the provide free zeppelin services to them (a major point against their "total neutrality"), and the story behind the goblins joining the horde in the first post gives them a pretty solid reason. Everybody keeps bashing alliance for getting a "cooler new race", but the horde have had Tauren since the beginning, which are awesome, and the human and night elf male models have always left much to be desired visually. Plus, they got stuck with gnomes.

Alliance getting a cool new race with lore that makes sense (lol space goats) is a nice touch, and goblins being a member of the horde has always made sense (demon influence notwithstanding, Warcraft 2 much?).

Edit: Forgot about Skar'this the Heretic, a friendly naga quest-giver, but I don't see him starting a full-on rebellion any time soon. Not with Aszhara coming out of the woodworks to trash Azeroth.
    I for one would roll Goblin over Worgen. People who Worgens tends to be the ones who look at character model before the lore. I mean, as cool as Worgen's lore is, Goblins are just more cemented in their characteristics. Worgens, esp Greymane Worgen, are just another race of humans. Goblins, on the other hand, is a cutthroat, crazy caricature of humanity. As someone who likes to develop a character, and with passion for engineering, Goblin is a clearly superior choice.

Look for some kind of technologist class for next hero class, featuring Dwarves, Gnomes, Humans, Goblins, Orcs and Forsaken.

Amazing expansion ;D

Goblins look fantastic, they look very well polished and look top notch. I hope they're animated well too. They didn't show much for the Worgen so we won't see how they sound and move for a while, I'm hoping they get a human form too. But my favourites are Goblins out of the two.

-U-

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair
    not sure if its been mentioned in the 104 pages discussed, however if nightelves start using arcane power, will their physical characteristics change as well? I remember reading on Wowwiki.com somewhere that the reason Bloodelves (and high elves) look different than Night elves is due to changes caused by using arcane magics and is not reversable.
    NE models should be fine since they don't have a Well of Eternity their bodies should stay they way they are, what I am most excited about is back when I started playing WoW I wasnted to make a Human hunter, I found it strange at first that there was no such thing as a Human Hunter then I payed alot of attention to the lore and figured it all out. but Still w00t! Human Huntards!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    So we are 99.9% certain now? I still hope that .1 can do something here. I don't like the way this is going. New class is the main thing I wanted (Demon hunter maybe) but where the current lore I dont know where they could fit this in. Also, Blizzard is having so many issues with the class talents, I'm not sure they're ready for a new class (which will bring 3 new talent sets).

ok 1st you contradictid your self (leaveing it at that) and they in my mind are doing this because in alot of ways this is what is hapaning to our world horde being 3rd world contrys (i play ally thats the only reason i say that for horde) all america+ all the others - china and Japan (they are the nutral ones) ok leaveing it at that if you have any question plz respond with this quoted... ty