Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Enade
    NE models should be fine since they don't have a Well of Eternity their bodies should stay they way they are, what I am most excited about is back when I started playing WoW I wasnted to make a Human hunter, I found it strange at first that there was no such thing as a Human Hunter then I payed alot of attention to the lore and figured it all out. but Still w00t! Human Huntards!

i kinda agrre because humans in RL are hunters (some of whitch are Huntards no offense to anyone) but the Troll Druid and worgen Druid i dont like (give the worgen a Wolf form not cat COME ON)

wow 3 posts in a row... sry about that i need to learn how to think ahead, lol. anyways what i want to know is whats going to hapen to the goblen controlled towns... BB, ratchet, K3, Area 52. all of them and more... its almost 4 A.M here i cant think

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I am so.... So sad.

Blood Elf Warriors? After all the arguing... Now you're going to allow it and not allow paid-race-change.

Blizzard I hate you!

Thus far, the expansion looks sad. 3 new zones. 2 Raids. Only 5 more levels. /yawn :'(

of stfu already!!!!!!!!! read more and you would know there are going to be more than that!

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    It's all about the money, now that they got us they are constantly looking for ways to make more money.

Server transfers, gender change, new expansion, etc

greety bastards the game is so full of shit now I bearly play it, you can work so hard for something that will be useless in few months, a terrible waste of time.

also they are talking about being able to charge for faction change.

ok i dont mean to sound like a bitch or a QQer but... shut the fuck up... they need to make money!!! if you could get almost 15mil+ a month to pay most likely 5k employes plus other game develpers for the other blizz games and advertising... yeah they are most likely in the red 1/2 the time... solution GET MONEY YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING SO THINK BEFOR YOU TALK!!!

You know what..? The best thing is, about this, like 8 months ago when I was trolling the Blizzard forums I was actually asking for Goblins and Worgens and a bunch of oldbies up in their fucking ivory towers basically tried to shoot me down, saying how it was never going to happen, and to "QFT". And now a few days ago, Blizzard confirms exactly what all these high and mighty douchebags said would never happen. It is just such a wonderful feeling.

That being said, a lot of people are bitching about a whole lot of thing. The way some of the players are reacting, you'd think Blizzard was saying they were going to delete everyone's characters or add a "Level 80" button to the game. That isn't the case at all.

One of my favorite complaints a majority of cry babies come up with is the "Lore". Think of the lore man! They are destroying the lore! OMG T3h LOREZ!////1111!!! It is far too funny if you ask me. When I play a video game, yes, I'd like a story line that can keep my attention, but I am not so into the story that any sort of changes are going to ruin the game for me. If I expected hardcore story telling and lore, then I'd be reading a novel, not playing an MMORPG. The best thing about all of this, is, in the end, this IS Blizzard's IP, so even if you disagree with the way the "lore" is working, it doesn't matter, because whatever Blizzard does is accurate in THEIR world.

Continuity killed the comic industry. Instead of just worrying about telling a interesting, epic, cool story, writers have to now worry about all the fucking nerd rage that comes along with a popular franchise. All of you just take a fucking vicodin and try and relax.

I personally cannot wait for a chance to play as Goblins and the Worgen. And I personally believe that there should have never been ANY class restrictions to begin with. I really wish Blizzard would just let every race play every class. That'd not only be awesome, but I'd get a good laugh at seeing all the nerd rage.

(Not sure if its already been posted, didnt read all 105 pages)  Blizz should let the Goblins pick their faction, the goblins were neutral and shouldn't go straight to the Horde, and blizz add a new race of friendly worgen straight to the alliance. Mainly because the Worgen are way too cool to be part of the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by kuehnau
    You know what..?
    QFT ;D

Alot of people in this thread got told.

The last boss in Cataclysm is going to be Sargeras. It pretty much says it in the descriptions and in the trailers, theres going to probably be an instance in the maelstorm, because thats were Sargeras's tomb is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottreau2
    The last boss in Cataclysm is going to be Sargeras. It pretty much says it in the descriptions and in the trailers, theres going to probably be an instance in the maelstorm, because thats were Sargeras's tomb is.
    deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by eliteinferno
    (Not sure if its already been posted, didnt read all 105 pages) Blizz should let the Goblins pick their faction, the goblins were neutral and shouldn't go straight to the Horde, and blizz add a new race of friendly worgen straight to the alliance. Mainly because the Worgen are way too cool to be part of the alliance.
    Actually, the Goblins were Horde back in WC2 days... Only the Steamwheedle Cartel realized there was far more money to be made by remaining Neutral. Most probable way it will be handled is leaving the SC as they are and the "New Goblins" from the Lost Isles will be Horde. Pretty much...you know...like it says in the trailer.

As for the Worgen, I've been a FanFic writer (and VERY preachy, as some of my co-workers can attest) about them coming into the Alliance since before we knew that BC was even a twinkle in Metzen's eye... I think the story there, especially the mysterious tidbits now having been released on their origins, further solidifies my nearly 5 year old considerations of their source and existence (minor needed alterations aside).

It was interesting when I walked in to work this morning, and a friend of mine who'd gone to BlizzCon looked at me and said "okay...so you've been right all these years...happy now?" ;D (okay...so there were more words involved in the exchange, but the words "you were right" were the most important to me)

after doing alot of diggin and speaking to many friends i have come to a small conclusion that the World of Warcraft Cataclysm will probably be realsed sometime in late december or earily January. but if there is a problem with the phasing of the entire world there will be a 2 to 3 month delay. other then that the phasing might go smoothly once the programming is ready for entire switch of the world to the new one. with that said i also found that there will be some old instances and dungeons that will be redone for heroic game play. note that this is information is not all sound cause knowing blizz they will have a few problems with the phasing because it will effect even those who dont have the expansion so it will be an internal change of the environment not gained through just the cd. as for the new playable characters they will be an easy transition since the models of all the goblins are almost complete and the worgen is going off of the combination of the modern worgens that we all love just added the character designs form the dranie and the conversion aspects form the caverns of time instance when the characters become human without the random selection taken out. hoping that all goes smoothly we can all expect that the expantion will be released by the end of this year or near the beginning of 2010. with all that said i will keep my eye out for more information retaining to the phase change of the world and update my findings
    ps if you chose to not believe this it dosen't matter since it will be released in time with or without problems it all depends on our friends in the development crew. but i will say that the graphics will be tweaked a little so be sure to be prepared for any changes in the graphics but it shouldn't be major.

Quote Originally Posted by daco
    after doing alot of diggin and speaking to many friends i have come to a small conclusion that the World of Warcraft Cataclysm will probably be realsed sometime in late december or earily January.
    Bad economy, new release in time for Christmas ... I would guess there is an Orgrimmar of a lot of pressure on the developers to get it done this year. That's good for us. It's going to be great.

And if they're not ready, they're not going to release it until they're ready and that's still good for us because when it *is* released, it's going to be awesome.

How do we not win?

I'm hoping you're right and it comes this year or early January like you wrote ...

Quote Originally Posted by eliteinferno
    (Not sure if its already been posted, didnt read all 105 pages) Blizz should let the Goblins pick their faction, the goblins were neutral and shouldn't go straight to the Horde, and blizz add a new race of friendly worgen straight to the alliance. Mainly because the Worgen are way too cool to be part of the alliance.

they favor the horde... go read this page http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...es/goblin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redici

of stfu already!!!!!!!!! read more and you would know there are going to be more than that!
    i agree and it not 3 new zones it is 7 if u read more and the whole worlds has change so penty of neew stuff plus goblins rules

Quote Originally Posted by Cherel
    Bad economy, new release in time for Christmas ... I would guess there is an Orgrimmar of a lot of pressure on the developers to get it done this year. That's good for us. It's going to be great.

And if they're not ready, they're not going to release it until they're ready and that's still good for us because when it *is* released, it's going to be awesome.

How do we not win?

I'm hoping you're right and it comes this year or early January like you wrote ...
    I really doubt that the expansion will be released in January. my guess is that it should come around after mid next year. Why? Well its because now you are waiting for 3.22 to be released and it will be released at 2-4 weeks probably because there's already a beta for it. also we have to experience what the patch contains and that will be 2 months probably and then you will have the 3.3 release which will be like 3-4 months or even more. then you will have this patch where WoW begins to enter in the cataclysm (1 month) and then you will have the release of your expansion. I don't play wow since January and my thoughts are these and i am planning to come back playing and got interested with the release date. also another argument is that last time blizz announced wotlk it took em 1 year and 1 month until they released the game. think of that and you will see its almost impossible to complete Cataclysm and release it in January.

Quote Originally Posted by sempronski
    I really doubt that the expansion will be released in January. my guess is that it should come around after mid next year. Why? Well its because now you are waiting for 3.22 to be released and it will be released at 2-4 weeks probably because there's already a beta for it. also we have to experience what the patch contains and that will be 2 months probably and then you will have the 3.3 release which will be like 3-4 months or even more. then you will have this patch where WoW begins to enter in the cataclysm (1 month) and then you will have the release of your expansion. I don't play wow since January and my thoughts are these and i am planning to come back playing and got interested with the release date. also another argument is that last time blizz announced wotlk it took em 1 year and 1 month until they released the game. think of that and you will see its almost impossible to complete Cataclysm and release it in January.
    They aren't going too give us 2 months of 3.2.2. it's a minor content patch.3.3 will probably come a few weeks after 3.2.2.So I don't think we have to wait a year for Cataclysm.You could be right,but don't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sempronski
    I really doubt that the expansion will be released in January. my guess is that it should come around after mid next year.
    I'll offer my own reasons why I think it's going to be sooner than that. If you haven't been playing since last January, you don't know how fast things have seemed to go.

But ... Blizzard is based in Irvine, CA. CA is going straight into the Durotar, economy-wise. My husband told me to expect riots by the end of the year, but I'm not so sure of that. It's still bad and we'll soon be leaving the state because his job got relocated to India.

There's going to be a lot of pressure for them to get that out this year. A LOT of pressure. Their original goal was to do one expansion per year. If they make it in by December, they will have done just that, at least on a calendar basis.

The feature set appears designed to entice jaded ex-players into resubscribing. There are a lot of you out there, don't be shy. They're counting on that.

Lastly, I participated in a prediction of WotLK release contest somewhere and picked the right month. I think I'm going to be right again and I don't believe for a moment Gamestop's 11/2010 number.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherel
    Lastly, I participated in a prediction of WotLK release contest somewhere and picked the right month. I think I'm going to be right again and I don't believe for a moment Gamestop's 11/2010 number.
    Then with your arguments i will bet on march 2010! but anyway the sooner the better. btw didn't you make a typo there "11/2010"?

10+ Year Old Account

Im pretty damn stoked for this..