Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The NEW Face of Azeroth...

i didnt play FF i dont like the combat system lol

Maybe she just alters the path of the moon to make the tidal patterns unstable/change which would drastically alter the surface. This would not only drastically damage (in some cases wipe out) entire armies but would also provide foothold from which the naga can operate from/retreat too.

This is true, yes. But wouldn't both Titan globes of the world show them both - unless it's simply a graphical oversight.
    I had to see pictures again to get a better look at the moons, and it would seem that there are two important factors to put in place:

1) Both of the globes have a shattered version of Kalimdor on it.
    2) Only one of the two globes is missing a moon.

So, if we assume the globes are a type of "timeline", meaning we figure that both globes are both showing a similar, specific, date or time, then a graphical oversight is likely. The only thing that bugs me is that Blizzard would take the time to deliberately change the face of Azeroth, and then forget to put a moon in. I would say that's the only thing that's confusing me right now, but who are we kidding, Troll Druids?

Personally, I feel like the Cataclysm event may have something to do with the moon, possibly colliding with Azeroth as Hothgor mentioned, which caused it to tilt on it's axis, which would also cause the other moon to orbit in a different path.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0
    I THOUGHT I saw something off about that on one of my runs in there, but propts to you for pointing it out! This is extremely interesting...
    And as of now, Azeroth has only one visible moon.
    It had two, The White Lady, and the Blue Child, but at the time of the Burning Crusade release, the Blue Child has since been missing.
    That's no moon...
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

And the 'flood' seems to affect only Kalimdor - the home continent of her most hated enemies the Night Elves.

Excellent
    Gnome Priests !

That's no moon...
    I just watched that the other day on Spike <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

maybe the moon being crashe into azeroth IS the cataclysm of which the next xpack speaks...

if the little moon, or any moon would crash into the world it would look like OL, so... no?

15+ Year Old Account

Another thing: second globe, the Ulduar one, has those rings around it.
    We see those on another globe in the first shot as well, so they don't look to just be a "binding" on the second globe or anything. Maybe the second moon ends up... destroyed in the process?
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor
    I mention that in my post, also the Maelstrom is missing from the globe, so I wouldn't be surprised if the story goes along the lines of 'Queen Azshara tries to summon the moon to vanquish the Night Elves but instead hits her city, 'plugging' the Maelstrom and devastating Azeroth' or some such.
    /Vizzini

INCONCEIVABLE!

/Vizzini

Someone go to Illidan's Terrace and see if the world of Azeroth is updated there as well !!! (no game time )

And yes, you can see Azeroth from the black temple
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    if they do not want do, they do not want do, please move along, the children wane.
    yeah, if they do not want do, the do not want to :-D

Very nicely done. Nice observation. ;D Keep it up!

Way to ride Blizz, lol. Just hope they don't hate you for this. :-\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muhle
    Someone go to Illidan's Terrace and see if the world of Azeroth is updated there as well !!! (no game time )

And yes, you can see Azeroth from the black temple
    That's Azeroth from that point in time though, which is before WotLK and definitely before Cataclysm. These ones in Ulduar/HoL seem to be a point in time different from Ulduar/HoL's place in continuity.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    That's Azeroth from that point in time though, which is before WotLK and definitely before Cataclysm. These ones in Ulduar/HoL seem to be a point in time different from Ulduar/HoL's place in continuity.
    Yeah, you're right. my bad, got a little caught up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    if they do not want do, they do not want do, please move along, the children wane.
    yeah, if they do not want do, the do not want to :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Travio
    Another thing: second globe, the Ulduar one, has those rings around it.
    We see those on another globe in the first shot as well, so they don't look to just be a "binding" on the second globe or anything. Maybe the second moon ends up... destroyed in the process?
    I originally thought those 'rings' were magical ley lines or the twisting nether as we see it in Outland. But it IS entirely possible they are the remnants of the missing moon, and the beginning of a 'ring' system around Azeroth! I wonder if the OTHER globes in that area are Azeroth at yet OTHER points its future...

Ya know, I always looked at those orbs in HoL and recognized Azeroth but never knew what to think of the shattered Kalimdor. Now with all this cataclysm info it's pretty easy to see.

Tempor

There is actually a big island type thing on the globe directly on the northest point on the globe (first globe in the pics). Above Northrend

Quote Originally Posted by Tempor
    There is actually a big island type thing on the globe directly on the northest point on the globe (first globe in the pics). Above Northrend
    There is the exact same 'island' on the south side too. Probably just a joke or the polar ice caps.

10+ Year Old Account

This is solid evidence. Cataclysm is a very possible as far as i see.