Wintergrasp - how do you start out with 12 sieges in 30 seconds?

Queued up for WG, ran to west side to arm cannon for a min while everyone got situated and not but 30-45 seconds into the match 11 sieges roll up on the west side and plow through to door and end WG in less than 2 mins

How is that possible?

perhaps i'm just not thinking of something obvious.. i was laughing my ass off when i saw them coming in so quick and knew it was well over after i counted them all. Just never seen someone build that many so quick and have them all manned and in taking wall that fast.

Re: Wintergrasp - how do you start out with 12 sieges in 30 seconds?

Not one but TWELVE sieges?!

sorry, gotta stop with those stupid puns.

Tenacity will fix it.

last one, i swear

Could be a premade camping the random horde NPC's. The first few seconds you usually have about 10-20 Tenacity buffs if you're attacking. One NPC is more than enough to get you to WG rank 2(don't know the english name) with 20 stacks of Tenacity.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

It probably was NPC camping with tenacity.. if so, i hope Blizz removes getting rank from killing NPCs as there is no defense against a siege train that big. NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    It probably was NPC camping with tenacity.. if so, i hope Blizz removes getting rank from killing NPCs as there is no defense against a siege train that big. NONE.

No, some servers are bugged. On my realm you get into WG and you get one kill and it puts you at automatic rank 2, and you don't even have to do anything to get the 1 kill. Just be in the raid group where someone killed another player.

Whatever it is, i hope it gets fixed soon

Ally do this a lot on my server,
    They log out at the end of a battle on their alts (who are max rank) and log in every match to create sieges before logging back on mains
    We have gotten used to it and still win more than they do lol

I dont know if I should be spreading this around but since the game's already pretty screwed up, fck care...

There's a few ways to exploit WG...

1. Kill NPCs and reach Rank 2.
    2. Sometimes when WG starts, your rank is resetted. To counter it... 'TAG' an NPC but DON'T kill it. Keep it alive and attacking you until the WG timer is up and your tenacity/Greater Honor etc is properly loaded. Then finish him off and you will retain your Rank 2.

Alternatively, there are those servers where you kill an NPC and DING, you're rank 2. But thats only if you're on Offense for my server.

3. Once you obtain RANK 2.. go to the nearest Workshop, churn out ALL SIEGE ENGINES. Make one, leave it, make one, leave it. The others DO NOT need RANK to use these Siege Engines. So guy makes Siege, everyone else just use em.

There was 3 players with Rank 2 when our WG started. Everyone else just started 'zoning' in. When they ran over to Sunken Ring work shop, there was 12 Siege waiting.

I have seen the 12 siege instant offensive from the attackers point of view.we didnt farm npcs or anything underhanded.all we did was run to the workshop and slaughter the alliance who had left the keep who were in the area of the work shop by the horde flightpoint.we took the portal ran to the work shop and destroyed the 10 idiots who were in the vacinity.there were no npcs in the area,so they were mostlikely running the scam method outlined above but it blew up in there faces.

then we got in siege engines and pushed our way into the center of the keep before we started takeing siege losses.each lost siege was replaced by a siege and we had the place captured before our last instant siege died.

the moral of the story is dont give the attackers free kills 8 seconds into the fight and this wont happen to you.

We're so used to the Alliance doing this that we have 25-30 people with RPGs ready to blow their siege train up. The Alliance have not had WG once in 7-8 days now.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I'll be running a few WG battles today, i'll post if the horde tries the same thing again and we will try the wall of RPGs as well to see if that helps.

Usually horde is stacked tenacity to high hell and alliance has a bunch of douche bag campers doing nada but getting free points and being a meat stick for horde to rape. (hey, no durability.. lemme just run around like an idiot)

We had 4 people with rpgs looking back at the logs but i don't think a single siege got blown up.. do sieges stack with tenacity as well? never looked (i'm usually healing so i never waste time with weapons..)

I have to admit that I wanted to know how to do this myself, since the we need a way to counter the horde doing this on my server. But since then we've simply managed to defend better than they attack most of the time. It's strange that defense is normally a problem for the alliance in your average BG, but in WG the reverse is true for my server. Offense is so hard to get rolling for some reason, probably because we don't know the million-siege trick.

it's a bug, where killing one npc will give you rank 2. you can spawn any vehicle afterwards.

Well, the alliance on my server finally got their heads wrapped around this bug and are finally holding the keep through multiple (and early) offensives. Horde haven't had WG since reset and they're pissed

Happens on Deathwing Alliance every time Alliance is on offense. Soon as I enter the zone, I hit First Lieutentant as I pass between the Sunken Ring workshop and the main Wintergrasp Fortress gate. Happens like clockwork.

On the other hand, this never, ever happens when I play offense on Deathwing Horde. People screaming about cheats, hacks, exploits, are fools - this is not some grand coordinated exploit orchestrated by the Deathwing Alliance, it's a server-side issue that just so happens to affect only Alliance on Deathwing.
    I > U

this is a known exploit...i talked to a gm to make sure and it is not intended to be ranked up before the battle starts ..the prob is when you que the computer thinks it actually has start and so people start ranking up ...on andorhal alliance do it almost ever time ...gm said to reprt any i see but its hard with so many sieges in the way and the siege's often say "unknown's sieges"...what makes it worse is people think this is the way it is supposed to be but it is not ...thats why there is ranks or partially anyhow or they could just allow sieges at low rank if thats the way it was intended..plus people think reporting is a bad thing when in situation its the only thing that player on the bad end of this exploit can do and the more people doing it might be better eventually blizz will fix it just to keep tickets down but as of right now i do not think its a priority ...anyhow good luck dealing with this ...if your team is good it can be dealt with just shouldn't have to

This is working as intended, if you kill a member of the opposite side whilst you have Tenacity stacked above a certain level (Usually 4 or more) then you progress to Rank 2. This has happened since WG was introduced.

You will only usually experience it on either Horde or Alliance due to sever population imbalances.