Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Vanillalike Specs, what would you choose?

I think its stupid anyways, you have not the same talents, the instances are nerfed you can get easymode gear, you KNOW the bosses. And with the removal of Ony you only have MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/AQ40 left.

Bingo, even without Ony, we still have ZG, AQ20, MC, BWL and AQ40. thus - five decent raid instances. How much do you have? Naxx (there ist no need to even nerf Naxx, it is already so easy it hurts), Ulduar, Obsidian Sanctum (which is actually more like a single boss, no instance) and Colosseum, thus - 3,5... 10/25 man thingie does not change the instances look.

And about boss-nerfs and talent-buffs - it makes it easier to run with less people. Thus we must likely will be able to 10-15 man ZG and AQ20 and 25 man MC/BWL.

And by the way... have you even read my first post? Raiding is not a concern at the monent, but 5er and UBRS. I have no big interest in trying to heal ZG or AQ20 in greens or old blues.

*well* i actually did heal ZG today, but it was not really pretty... though i got some decent blues and event my first epic *grin*
    somehow i'm still here... stalking around since... well 2006 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    The bosses hp's were nerfed by 30%. Its not the same at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    I think its stupid anyways, you have not the same talents, the instances are nerfed you can get easymode gear, you KNOW the bosses. And with the removal of Ony you only have MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/AQ40 left.
    Let the guy have his fun. He thinks this will be enjoyable, and so far from what he has expressed, he is enjoying himself. If you do not have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add, please dont add anything.

(Note: I said constructive; you can disagree and be constructive, those two however are just "why would you waste your time" kind of posts that are not very constructive)

Quote Originally Posted by Xevious
    Bingo, even without Ony, we still have ZG, AQ20, MC, BWL and AQ40. thus - five decent raid instances. How much do you have? Naxx (there ist no need to even nerf Naxx, it is already so easy it hurts), Ulduar, Obsidian Sanctum (which is actually more like a single boss, no instance) and Colosseum, thus - 3,5... 10/25 man thingie does not change the instances look.

And about boss-nerfs and talent-buffs - it makes it easier to run with less people. Thus we must likely will be able to 10-15 man ZG and AQ20 and 25 man MC/BWL.

And by the way... have you even read my first post? Raiding is not a concern at the monent, but 5er and UBRS. I have no big interest in trying to heal ZG or AQ20 in greens or old blues.

*well* i actually did heal ZG today, but it was not really pretty... though i got some decent blues and event my first epic *grin*
    Grats Hope you have lots of fun with this. It seems like a really cool idea, and its nice that blizzard made the No-exp thing for people that wanna try this stuff out. Gives more things to do for some people, without blizzard having to do really anything extra.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Hahaha... silly peon. Don't you know its no fun to be locked out of a school because of a form? What was that? You actual LIKE flavor and diversity in your game? No, you don't know whats best for your character. Spriests should be able to heal as well as a Ret Paladin in shadowform.

All hail Comrade GC. High Czar of Lead System Designers.
    Everyone else just passed this over, but I would like to stop and point out that this is some of the most insane, disjointed rambling I've seen on this forum in some time.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    Everyone else just passed this over, but I would like to stop and point out that this is some of the most insane, disjointed rambling I've seen on this forum in some time.
    Sometimes hyperbole is lost on people.

The sources for my comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler [url
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/18601080646-druid-qa-the-twilight-zone.html][/url]Healing as a Shadowpriest
    I think you could make a few changes and insure that Shadow priests were about at the same healing level as say Ret or Elemental. You’d still have to decide if their healing got any better just from dropping Shadowform. If not, then there is probably no reason to ever drop Shadowform, and it should just be a passive talent not a spell. If so, then you'd have to make sure the spec wasn't too powerful over all as a backup or emergency healer, especially in PvP -- remember, we'd be talking about a Shadow priest who heals as well as Ret when in Shadowform, but better than that when not in Shadowform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler [url
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/18600870072-class-qa-series-druid.html][/url]
    Note to other healers: this is why you are unlikely to see any kind of “Holy form” ever. Giving up healing to do damage works okay. Giving up everything to heal is lame.
    Just another of a long list of conflicting, flippant statements by GC. I know tons of tree druids that don't give a hoot about "giving up" the ability to throw a wrath for kicks. They don't think tree form is lame at all. I know tons of Shadow Priest who don't mind the aspect of having to drop shadowform to heal. Its part of the flavor.

Is it going to ruin the game if either happen? No. But it would be nice to get some consistency out of our dear Lead Systems Designer. Is giving up a DPS school for a healing "form" lame? Is giving up healing for a DPS "form" ok? Should DPS in "DPS" form be able to heal as well as other DPS hybrids, but better out of form?

NOTE: Not advocating "Holy form."

Ive though about it too, but you wont be able to stay at 60 if you are making new toons. spose just dont take any new talents at 61.

If you get it all happening, let me know how you go.

good luck.

vanilla priest FTW, I was the only non dwarf, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    Ive though about it too, but you wont be able to stay at 60 if you are making new toons. spose just dont take any new talents at 61.

If you get it all happening, let me know how you go.

good luck.

vanilla priest FTW, I was the only non dwarf, lol.
    There is an option to turn off EXP now, so you can stay at 60 indefinitely. However, I do miss me some Starshards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    And I remember we told our priests to not get Spirit of Redemption, so we could combat resurrect them faster. Since iirc, you couldn't cancel it back then.

Personally I enjoyed doing deep discipline and getting Power Infusion, and then making a secret pact with the mages
    I still make secret pacts with our mages esp when we only have one in 25 mans (Rare but hey you gotta do what you gotta do :P) I trade off my CD's of PI for focus magic ^^

I'd honestly try 51/0/0 Disc is a lot of fun and its new healer friendly IMO.

]
    There is an option to turn off EXP now, so you can stay at 60 indefinitely. However, I do miss me some Starshards.
    I used to want to make a NE priest JUST for Starshards. I never did. WTB Vanilla like servers! :P

]
    The terrible channelled version from Vanilla?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The terrible channelled version from Vanilla?
    The channeled version was not nearly as cool as the revamp in BC. I guess I miss the flavor/graphic of the spell over anything else. If I had my wish, i'd have Starshards replace DP in my spell book... just because I like it, not because it would be good universal game design.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    The bosses hp's were nerfed by 30%. Its not the same at all.
    Only TBC content got that nerf afaik.

Starshards won me a few arena matches back at 70, my priest healer would kill dps with them while just keeping himself alive after I got nuked down. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

I kind of miss my old Devouring Plague, to be honest. It was really handy on a PVP realm when it healed you for 100% of the damage it did.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.