Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Why do they keep making the fkn same mistake..

who EVER wants to continue their race now? When worgens have a 1% damage increase??
    All dps meters will be invalid and unfair also. Like the ORC racial before.

Whats the point in gearing up my main char now if I already know that Worgens do more damage?

Btw: 5 years of wow and STILL no specific warlock spell to counter melee attacks. YAY! for every healer to be able to dispell.. Good Job Blizzard. Destro Locks will be plain useless if everyone can dispell immolate now.

AND WHAT ABOUT the ABBERATION racial from worgens? 15% less duration on curses? ANOTHER fkn warlock nerf??

So its true? they finally admit warlocks are getting removed from teh game?

Quote Originally Posted by Eariam
    uhm. no. Alliance and horde have 2 paladins (after this exp.) Horde has 4 shamans and alliance 2 (after exp.)
    See the inbalance? You kids are reading it all wrong then putting out something trying to put down my post by saying something that doesnt make sense.
    There are 45 horde vs 44 alliance class/race combo at the matrix published...
    Mages: horde 5 alliance 6
    Hunter: horde 6 alliance 5
    Priest: horde 5 alliance 6
    Warlock: horde 4 alliance 3
    Paladins: horde 2 alliance 3
    Shamans: horde 4 alliance 2
    Which is a bit imbalanced but I really can live with it
    And alliance have *3* not 2 paladins right now.

Selanya

Quote Originally Posted by Exavior
    [...]
    Whats the point in gearing up my main char now if I already know that Worgens do more damage?
    [...]
    I lol'd at that point.
    Yeah, what's the point in gearing up, if I do 5000 DPS and a Worgen could do 50 more?!
    Oh wait.
    No, seriously, one percent of damage is not that much.
    And still, the Worgen player has to play his class efficiently in order to do more dps than others. One percent does not change much.

as a warlock I have just 2 main concerns

1) everyone can dispel now... ----> how will destro locks counter that cause we depends on immolate way to much
    2) what about the worgen racial to have 15% shorter duration on curses----> affliction warlocks dead?

TBH, to think that the difference between good player and bad player lies in the ability to compare items stats is a little bit tard, sorry. I am pretty sure all those "elitist" around there know how to download RAWR or jump to elitistjerks to check whether item A is an upgrade for item B for them and I don't think many of them create Excel spreadsheet every time the item drops from the boss.

What this stat simplification will change, though, is how many people will roll for each particular item which dropped from boss. Say, atm Pandora's Pleya, which I still to see dropped at least once, is healing trinket, and more paladin's trinket then any other classes one. After the path *all* casters will roll for it's analogue. Exactly like before WOTLK mages and priests rolled for different items and now they are competing for same.

Another consequence is in professions - all of the +intellect enchantments/gems/etc. would be +spellpower ones and prolly make original +spellpowers unnecessary.

We have seen it once with +damage/+healing and nobody dies.... I rather think it's for good as less items got sharded in raids. But it would really depends on what bosses of new explansion are going to drop and what's gonna be available from vendors for badges...

So basicly they copied half of Warhammer Online? Guild levelling, ability scaling etc.. ?

Anyway, they just ruined the game even more for the elitist/"hardcore" players. Now every retard can see what item is good, so every single player will run around in the exact same set of items.

Have fun playing

Tauren Paladins?
    Dwarf SHAMANS?

Hell effing no. That's one subscription they can kiss goodbye to.

To me it looks like they are bringing back the vanilla WoW item system but revamped which is much better, having items with 8 lines of stats is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
    • Hunters will have fewer cooldowns on abilities
    Oh for the love of crap...
    I dont want to smash my keyboard like rogues!
    "Ability isnt ready yet, I cant do that yet, I cant do that yet.. ability......."

Ah, well when you put everything in one its not that bad...

I shall join the QQ.

They are baking stats into the main stats. Which, as mentioned before, is as WoW war originally. You never saw rings with +15 attack power or +15 spell power (which for you n00bs who are qq'ing used to be Healing and Damage), it was simply int, str, agi, etc.

As for the 1% to damage worgen are getting, I want you all to know they are planning on changing ALL racials to be more beneficial to the class you pick. So worgen's 1% damage will be equal to the 2% haste they'll give undead (just an example, IDK what they're actually doing).

Hunters have needed a focus system since the beginning. I mean, honestly, think about it. Why does a hunter need MANA? What spells do they cast? Arcane shot? One "spell" shot which could be seen as something created with a simple item hunters have. This is a much needed change I think.

The guild leveling thing has been used in many games. Before WAR was Guild Wars, and I'm sure there were several more before that even. Its just something they probably watched for a long period of time and found that it causes people to participate and coordinate a little more within their guilds.

The funny thing is, this is an evolving game. I haven't seen anything I strongly disagree on, and obviously that's just me and a select few others, but the Warcraft universe has always been about the world changing, evolving, and continuing the original lore. You might not agree with the mechanic changes, but no MMO has ever gone without some sort of major overhaul in its system. Sure you can say LotR, WAR, and AoC haven't, but they're newer games; just give it time.

I'm quite excited for the expansion and I think all you kids can GTFO MY GAME NOW. KTHXBAI. (<--- typed it like you guys do so you can understand).

As others have said, it all looks good except spellpower disappearing. I mean, when they merged spellpower and healing, it kinda made sense, they were almost the same stats, it meant healers didn't need 2 full sets of gear, and it meant less loot would get sharded. I can understand combining MP5 with spirit too, as the theorycraft behind which one is best is annoying.

But the spellpower change... what are they thinking? Even for ezmode casuals this change can't be that brilliant, is it really so hard to grasp what spellpower is for? On the whole ALL gear that a spellcaster (dps or healer) would want HAS that stat.

All this will mean, is that everyone will just be stacking +int as high as it will go; with only 5 levels this time, the hit cap will be reached just by re-socketing/enchanting existing gear, so, ALL PvE spellcasters will be going for:
    +stamina
    +intellect
    +spirit
    +crit
    +haste

What's more, spirit will only be useful until you can last for 5 minutes fully buffed (after this, cooldowns are back up), haste also has a cap depending upon class and spec.
    This pretty much leaves spellcasters building a set of int/stam-heavy gear, that's "x of the eagle", by the way.

Well, maybe I am not going to totally agree with you, but you are mostly right.. We have to wait until its relased or so, until that we are not totally sure about anything... We will see ingame how to act with new stats.

Okay I am not yet fully awake so I am not sure if I should be drooling, crying or go WTF.

dick cuts my friends, major dick cuts.

i'd like to see the worgen druid forms now.

Just when everyone thought "Aion is gonna kill wow"...

it seems wow is quite able to kill itself -_-

Congrats to Blizzard, at least i know when i'll close my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba
    As others have said, it all looks good except spellpower disappearing. I mean, when they merged spellpower and healing, it kinda made sense, they were almost the same stats, it meant healers didn't need 2 full sets of gear, and it meant less loot would get sharded. I can understand combining MP5 with spirit too, as the theorycraft behind which one is best is annoying.

But the spellpower change... what are they thinking? Even for ezmode casuals this change can't be that brilliant, is it really so hard to grasp what spellpower is for? On the whole ALL gear that a spellcaster (dps or healer) would want HAS that stat.

All this will mean, is that everyone will just be stacking +int as high as it will go; with only 5 levels this time, the hit cap will be reached just by re-socketing/enchanting existing gear, so, ALL PvE spellcasters will be going for:
    +stamina
    +intellect
    +spirit
    +crit
    +haste

What's more, spirit will only be useful until you can last for 5 minutes fully buffed (after this, cooldowns are back up), haste also has a cap depending upon class and spec.
    This pretty much leaves spellcasters building a set of int/stam-heavy gear, that's "x of the eagle", by the way.
    how do you figure about "to hit"? Makes no sense to me. That's int, sta, crit, haste, to hit, and spirit(for some) 6 stats ain't enough for you boy? Sure is for me.

Trust me you wont close your accounts very soon because, good things are coming soon. And as I can see its not really bad their work done yesterday at announcements, well just some class combination's are a bit sush, but well we can survive it.