Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Nice to see them still laughing off the botting question after 4 years

If the last 2 panels are as crap as that, and they barely showed much of sc2 and d3 I'd be pissed at paying to go there :S
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by TheJawa
    I can't wait for my Rogue's tier 12 "of the Monkey" or my Spriest "of the Falcon"! It'll be just like I'm level 13 again!
    Atm there's +hit and +expertise and +haste still in the mix, and armor penetration and attack power - I wouldn't miss them too much.

15+ Year Old Account

Can't wait for warriors. Make us op plox plox

Oh god, how can this be? I never thought I'd get dissapointed at blizzard.. Removing defense caps etc is just like removing the feeling like you've accomplished something and let's face it, you love it when you finally reach 540 in defense.

I can't even believe I'm almost only reading positive posts on this thread.

I'm stunned. Need to sleep over this, perhaps it's just a bad dream.

WTF is this? Those stats make theorycrafting interesting, and put just a bit of a learning curve on the game, which it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    I fail to see how removing SP/AP on armor will make things any better. And I preferred theorycrafting. Color me stupid, I guess.
    Some classes all they really cared about, at their core, were maybe 2 stats. Take holy paladins for example (obviously some favored more stats than others), it became a game to see just how much Intellect we could stack in our gear. Sure, you didn't want to gimp your other stats but most of the gear we had access to came with all the crit/haste/mp5 you could handle. It's not entirely uncommon to see holy paladins in some of the Uld-25 hardmode gear/AT gear and have mana pools in excess of 40k. One such paladin on my realm sits at approx. 44-45k 25-man buffed but sh!t for mp5 --- I think unbuffed he sits somewhere around 70.

A lot of specs have been headed in this direction, so it makes sense for them to push all classes in that direction as well.

All the crying about "wtf no more attack powerz???" and whatnot is pretty funny.

Anyone else read the word "Itemization" above the list of stats being "removed"? Your items (armor, weapons, etc) aren't going to carry those stats any more. You're still going to have Attack Power, Spell Power and all that. Jeez. Last I checked, your stat sheets aren't items.

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ
    Can't wait for warriors. Make us op plox plox
    Hope not, i still want to have fun playing my Warrior, and op classes has no GP and are played by retards . (who said pal/dk? )

This sucks, they're removing half of the stats in the game :s

We've expressed concerns about homogenization for more than a year, and they give us this?

Christ.

Elemental plane is all cool and stuff, but instances and zones is stuff you move away from, often sooner than later.

Also, I wanted a naga witch
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyn
    Lol I love how it says attack power is gone
    then in the next line it says agility gives 2 AP

makes me smile :
    AP as a stat on gear is gone, it still remains on the character sheet.

They did state AP might appear on rings so hunters/rogues/wars ect can all use it.

To die would be a grand adventure!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Icomp
    Oh god, how can this be? I never thought I'd get dissapointed at blizzard.. Removing defense caps etc is just like removing the feeling like you've accomplished something and let's face it, you love it when you finally reach 540 in defense.

I can't even believe I'm almost only reading positive posts on this thread.

I'm stunned. Need to sleep over this, perhaps it's just a bad dream.
    I feel exactly the same way with spellpower and mp5.

I've always said that the day i equip a spirit item on my resto shaman is the day i kill myself, so i guess im gonna die at the release date of Cataclysm.

Im really dissapointed, especially cause i never said a bad word about anything Blizzard made even if it wasnt a very beneficial change, its just such a huge let down for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

New xpac = totaly new game

I guess it can work out, lookin forward to it, not really hyped about the new classes thing (Ne mages?? tauren pallys??). Anyways I guess Blizz can do a "cataclysm" like event every few years (when they run out of ideas, like the LK xpac) so they can change lots of stuff and still make it feel like its wow.

still lookin forward to the new changes, *fingers crossed it goes well*
    Live together, die alone.

Just everybody remember this is first we have heard of these changes...and nothing is set in stone. There will be many iterations before this reaches live..which will be sometime from now Q4-2010 most likely.

-- I think I fun little thing that I would like to do come back to these panel notes closer to release to what made it and what didn't. Remember none of these items are promises from blizzard. I look at this list as more of a wish-list and brainstorming. A good many will be in game but their numbers and how they are described now can change.

NO WORGAN SHAMMYS. BLIZZ YOU GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO.

Quote Originally Posted by f1li1p
    New xpac = totaly new game

I guess it can work out, lookin forward to it, not really hyped about the new classes thing (Ne mages?? tauren pallys??). Anyways I guess Blizz can do a "cataclysm" like event every few years (when they run out of ideas, like the LK xpac) so they can change lots of stuff and still make it feel like its wow.

still lookin forward to the new changes, *fingers crossed it goes well*
    How can they possibly run out of idea when they have a rich universe to pull from. As for the new race class combo's it is definitely a refreshing change.

15+ Year Old Account

lol everytime when i refresh is there new page

Is it only me or stream is dead? There's "Contests" in the schedule....

I love how people are upset by all of this already. I seem to recall similar posts when LK was announced, yet I don't see humans with a FD racial or any of the other changes back then... a year is a long time and they wont just turn a blind eye to how the community accepts these changes, ok at the end of the day they have the creative power but I`m sure we will never see all of this go live, probably lucky to see 70% of it in live.

Quote Originally Posted by patrux
    So with the removal of pretty much every stat, your average Cataclysm item will have say 140 stamina, 160 intellect. There you go. That's all. Everying else, GONE!
    Although you're forgetting about:
    Spirit
    Agility
    Strength
    Haste
    Crit
    Hit
    Spell pen
    Expertise
    Dodge
    Parry
    Block
    Block value

So uhhh... I'm pretty sure gear won't only have 2 stats on them =P

Healers will most likely have stam, int, spirit, crit and haste
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Uh, not block value. ;p