Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius
    I guess math is not your strongest point:

- boss X has a loot table, including 1 mail +agi drop, and 1 leather +agi drop.
    - for rogues and ferals, thats 1 item they can roll on.
    - for hunters that's 2 items they can roll on (which they will).

It has happened before (vision of sargeras), and it will happen again. At least in WOTLK they NEEDED that extra INT, else they were gimping themselves, so rolling on leather wasnt so good. Now they can freely roll on both.

It's up to Raid Leaders to decide which class they want to piss off, hunters for limiting them to mail, or rogues/ferals by allowing hunters to roll on their gear.

Same with boomkins rolling on cloth cos "leather caster itemization was bad".

Oh don't be silly. If your raid leader has any common sense then leather wearers will obviously have priority on those items and if no one wants them, then hunters can roll. Giving leather to hunter over rogue/druid in such case is just plain retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius
    It works for me, personally. When TBC came out and you explored it all within a week, it felt small and shallow, we all sat in shattrah waiting for next raid, and it sucked.
    I agree. There's already been 2 expansion that were both pretty much the same. Players are getting bored and Blizzard knows this. They needed to mix things up and bring back the players that have left and that are thinking about leaving. Another "same old" expansion wouldn't have done a thing. Blizzard is extremely smart no question.

lol at all the people complaining that gear took time and a spreadsheet to calculate, it took like 5 mins to add up the various stats on all the items available and see what was the best setup, i love the idea of merging stats and letting us change them a bit, will hopefully stop things like using a helm from heroics all the way up to 3.2 cos no decently itememised one dropped.

The game should be challenging because the bosses are difficult, not because it takes time to calcuate stats and then wait for like 4 months because none of the items in your perfect setup ever drop, and tbh if you enjoy looking at gear because you find it challenging maybe go play a simpler game :/
    http://cronocious.deviantart.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by liveitup1216
    maybe theyre just kidding and the real announcement is theyre shutting down WoW before the butcher it completely?

cant wait to see how Path of Alternate Advancement EXP... err i mean Titans, works out.

this seriously reeks of planes of power ala EQ1. which if history repeats, means another blockbuster game is just about due to snap WoWs neck like a twig
    I honestly can't stand this anymore. People constantly claiming they are going to ruin wow. This is how it was to start with. Basic stats. That's all we needed, it's all we used. People are saying they are dumbing wow down, I have news for you, if they took away enemy casting bars, buffs showing all the time on enemies, and the hundreds of other little changes they have made over the years people would shit themselves.

Wow is dumbed down, has been since 2.0. Bring on the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    i was all looking forward to it, untill i saw this rediculous removal of stats

thats fucking retarded, seriously

Customisation was something that actually required thinking and looking up stuff, getting an excell file out and checking out an upgrade path, changing gear cause of a nonhit trinket, cause the new one has a ton of haste or crit, where will you gain it ? where will you replace it ?

no, its now all changed to one single stat on gear and if u drop an item that has more of that stat, its better, else its not.

this also means spriest-mage lock, using the same nontier pieces, and perhaps boomkins and ele shamans to.

there is only one good thing about this : running the cataclysm version of naxxramas will have retardedly easy to hand out gear.
    this brings it to the core of this very change

WoW 4.0 is for casuals(nothing new) cause

Casuals get to : see everything, get everything handed to them, expirience everything, kill everything, without the need of skill, time or dedication

dedicated pve'ers get : hardmodes of what u allready killed that now give loot that has 4 more int or agi

so aion, i heard its a nice game
    Stop being ignorant. Every stat you listed is still going to be in the game. Try thinking before you post.

Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne.
    hahahahahahahah!!!! so much for all of the DK's saying that Frostmourne will be a drop in IC!!!! but still nice to see the two classes that didn't get a legendary item in the past 2 expansions finally getting one (Tempest keep legendary weapons dont count :P)

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann
    I honestly can't stand this anymore. People constantly claiming they are going to ruin wow. This is how it was to start with. Basic stats. That's all we needed, it's all we used. People are saying they are dumbing wow down, I have news for you, if they took away enemy casting bars, buffs showing all the time on enemies, and the hundreds of other little changes they have made over the years people would shit themselves.

Wow is dumbed down, has been since 2.0. Bring on the old days.
    It's no secret they've made WoW more for the casual player. It brings new players and lessens the huge gap that there have been in the past. Hardcore players are no more and if there are they whine about it.Give it up it's just a game. Making gear to the point where no one can get it is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    i was all looking forward to it, untill i saw this rediculous removal of stats

thats fucking retarded, seriously

Customisation was something that actually required thinking and looking up stuff, getting an excell file out and checking out an upgrade path, changing gear cause of a nonhit trinket, cause the new one has a ton of haste or crit, where will you gain it ? where will you replace it ?

no, its now all changed to one single stat on gear and if u drop an item that has more of that stat, its better, else its not.

this also means spriest-mage lock, using the same nontier pieces, and perhaps boomkins and ele shamans to.

there is only one good thing about this : running the cataclysm version of naxxramas will have retardedly easy to hand out gear.
    this brings it to the core of this very change

WoW 4.0 is for casuals(nothing new) cause

Casuals get to : see everything, get everything handed to them, expirience everything, kill everything, without the need of skill, time or dedication

dedicated pve'ers get : hardmodes of what u allready killed that now give loot that has 4 more int or agi

so aion, i heard its a nice game
    Just shut the fuck up and quit then, you big fucking baby.
    I'm so sick of people like you.

Anyways, YESYESYESYESYES@SPRIESTNUKE!

omg so many changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going crazy O.o
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

I want a legendary weapon now, not in the next expansion :'(

If the goal of Blizzard is to lower the amount of gear to itemize, since that what the new game mechanics are doing, I propose a different design to accomplish the same goal, at the same time keep the same amount of thinking in gear.

Gear will now only have "Gear Points". You may place a gear point into any of the currently existing stats and it will increase the amount of stats per gear point (which may be subjected to diminishing returns if desired).
    1 Gear point into stamina = 10 stamina
    1 Gear point into spell hit = 1 spell hit
    etc. etc.

The amount of gear points will be higher with higher ilvl gear obviously.

You can differentiate the gear that drops from healers, tanks, and dps simply be restricting what stats you can gear points you can place in.

===========================

This design does two things that will satisfy everyone:
    1) the people that wish to keep game mechanics to differentiate the "bads" from the "goods"
    AND
    2) allow blizzard to be lazy with gear design and they do not need to itemize every single piece of gear and simply let the player do it.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known
    but still nice to see the two classes that didn't get a legendary item in the past 2 expansions finally getting one
    I hope you do know that hunters were able to get the bow off Kil'jaeden.

I also hope you know that us casters had one, but it only was able to use INSIDE Tempest Keep.

"Put 5 points in Energy and then all the rest of the points in Vitality."

D3 seem to be inspiring the WoW team a lot... less boring talents, warlock and hunters now have a unique resource bar, simplified stats, revamped classic-race racials to match worgen/goblin racials "coolness" etc etc...

good stuff! =)

LOL Goblin mage in WSG who just capped alliance flag:
    Blink, Rocket jump, blink, blink, Horde 1 - 0 Alliance

Also a worgen subtlety rogue in same scenario:
    Cap Horde flag, Sprint, preparation, sprint, racial sprint (forgot the name lol) I know rogues can cap the flag with just 2 sprints (inc glyph) But this will be like.. The Fastest Flag capper ever lol

Also Goblin warlocks who are in troubble:
    Empowered fear, rocket jump = win lol! And on top of that add the teleport thingy

Worgen warriors in arena:
    Charge, racial sprint! There's no way ur gonna get away from a worgen warrior/rogue

I'm starting to like this expansion pack!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyn
    Lol I love how it says attack power is gone
    then in the next line it says agility gives 2 AP

makes me smile :
    its in ITEMisation. AP on items is gone

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING RETARDED:

By the looks of it,we can infer that reforging will turn agi/int/ect into haste,crit and the like. So basicly,its the same thing except the PLAYER chooses the stats.Wouldn't that require more skill than using gear thats already balanced the momment you get it?

Why do i think int/agi/str/spirit will turn into haste/crit/ect?

Well,they are making changes to those stats(Haste/ArmP).Why would blizz bother making changes if they are removing those stats?
    Also, it says you will be able to trade a stat for another,and since gear only has white stats,then its safe to say you can turn white stats into the other stats.Simple common sense.

Bugger this, i quoted someone and then messed it up by posting in their quote, then i put half of mine in their quote. I hate being tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    yeah true but you got my point, qqing MONTHS before the next xpack is retarded beyond words.
    Rubbish! Its now he hears it, its NOW he feels it. In the months to come it will fade, and by the time its out he will have accepted it.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    If the goal of Blizzard is to lower the amount of gear to itemize, since that what the new game mechanics are doing, I propose a different design to accomplish the same goal, at the same time keep the same amount of thinking in gear.

Gear will now only have "Gear Points". You may place a gear point into any of the currently existing stats and it will increase the amount of stats per gear point (which may be subjected to diminishing returns if desired).
    1 Gear point into stamina = 10 stamina
    1 Gear point into spell hit = 1 spell hit
    etc. etc.

The amount of gear points will be higher with higher ilvl gear obviously.

You can differentiate the gear that drops from healers, tanks, and dps simply be restricting what stats you can gear points you can place in.

===========================

This design does two things that will satisfy everyone:
    1) the people that wish to keep game mechanics to differentiate the "bads" from the "goods"
    AND
    2) allow blizzard to be lazy with gear design and they do not need to itemize every single piece of gear and simply let the player do it.

The game already works this way. iLvl determines the amount of itemization points a piece of gear has, and then the Item Team decides how to itemize it. The point of Blizzard itemizing it is so that they can purposely itemize gear poorly to limit our DPS for certain tiers/hardmodes.

Reforging is essentially implementing what you suggested, except we cannot add to the stats already itemized on a piece of gear, only different stats, and only to a certain extent.

Well, I guess it's time to move on from WoW...

I'm moving on to Aion when it releases in September.