Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Is blizzard selling out???

Hardmode is like playing a random game out on normal and after that you can't be bothered playing it out again on hard. In that regard, I liked the vanilla and tbc progressing path alot more simply because you had to kill them in order to progress inside the game.

Nonetheless, I'm still pretty interested in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    So what endbosses where easy then? Let's sum them all up.

Ragnaros: In essence a pretty easy fight, it just needed Fire Resistance gear farming which could take a while.
    Nefarian: It was challenging, but after having gone through razor, vael and chromaggus, it wasn't truly "hard" (most people actually found chromaggus harder /wiped longer on him then nef), it also took a long time to kit everyone with an onyxia scale cloak.
    Hakkar: For people new to the game he might have been hard, for people who had already cleared BWL he was a joke.
    Ossirian: Again, challenging for new people, a joke for people who cleared BWL.
    C'Thun: Was unkillable for a long time due to being bugged, after the fix many guilds got him pretty quick, but he was still properly challenging.
    Kel'Thuzad60: Epic fight, was truly hard at the time for the few who managed tor each him before tbc.

So there where 2, arguably 3 endbosses in vanilla that where considered really hard, and not just a timesink because you had to farm resistance gear etc.
    While I do agree with you on your post I still think you have compared some of the vanilla endbosses completely wrong.

Ragnaros was in essence an easy tactical fight but it required people to throw their DPS gear in the backpack for a while and still being able to put out enough DPS to keep within the time limit. Aswell as for the melee having to stay on their toes doing max DPS while managing to run away from his knockback. I killed Ragnaros pre-tbc many times and I still saw good players sometimes being knocked into the lava. The hardest tactical boss in MC was Majordomo.

Hakkar: For people new to the game he might have been hard, for people who had already cleared BWL he was a joke.
    Ossirian: Again, challenging for new people, a joke for people who cleared BWL.
    My friend, you cannot make the argument that Hakkar and Ossirian was easy based on the fact that they have cleared BWL before. OFCOURSE they are easy then, by the time players had cleared BWL they had already killed Hakkar and Ossirian countless times, and the difference in ZG/AQ20 gear from BWL gear is vast. It's like saying Malchezaar was easy because people who had cleared Kael av Vashj could do it easely.

I still remember when my old guild was starting off, Hakkar and Ossirian was challenging. You also have to take into account the class changes WoW has gone through. These days tanking and keeping aggro is actually easy, back then being a good tank and generating good aggro meant a hell of alot. It was also harder for classes back then to do proper DPS without shooting off like a nuke and taking aggro.

You have also forgotten to mention the World bosses that vanilla had. Azuregos was the only boss considered an "easy" world boss. The rest of them was very difficult to do.
    Now you can wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobish
    Is it me or is blizzard seriously making wow for kids
    Well this is a kids game TBH.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyma

My friend, you cannot make the argument that Hakkar and Ossirian was easy based on the fact that they have cleared BWL before. OFCOURSE they are easy then, by the time players had cleared BWL they had already killed Hakkar and Ossirian countless times, and the difference in ZG/AQ20 gear from BWL gear is vast. It's like saying Malchezaar was easy because people who had cleared Kael av Vashj could do it easely.
    My friend, zg and aq20 wheren't released untill months after bwl.

Kazzak was also considered easier then azuregos, only the 4 emerald dragons where harder, but they where released very late, somewhere in patch 1.8 or so

10+ Year Old Account

I think Blizz have been selling out. But not by making it easier to get epics or the likes, but to take away the small aspects of the game that still made it fairly hard. The micro-managing, more complex combat and the likes. By time WoW has become easier and easier with less and less to think of while fighting. Sure, there's moving around and fine, there's hard modes, but the whole combat system have become bland and boring. Just leveling is a major pain in the ass since combat itself is just sad. Hell, I even thought it was fairly dull in Vanilla, but way worse now. The fact that they are smoothing out the game more and more to make it easier creates another problem, the community. I've never seen a community so dumb, so childish, so ignorant and so elitist as WoW's. There seems to be both ends of the spectrum of players in WoW; The dumb who can't handle other games and the "cool guys" who play WoW because all other MMO's are "childish" and they'd rather die than touching a Wii cause it's a "fag console" that only caters to children, the latter most oftenly being the elitists.

I remember playing RFO, a korean MMO, where the community was just lovely, people were friendly even though you were a noob and they aided you on your way towards endgame. Why can't WoW be like this? Is it because the community is too big? Is it because of the audience it caters to?

I love raiding, but I'm not too sure about WoW raiding anymore. Even though I'm sitting in Ulduar 25 I still tab and read forums during a lot of the fights because it's just boring really.

Hate to see this happening since I do like WoW and this new expansion looks promising, but in it's current state I just don't see the pros overweighing the cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Look at it this way:

They started out relatively small and for the "old people" they made WoW just for you so you liked most things about it.

As the grew and got more customers, a lot with different views and preferences, it was bound to get more generic and the things the veterans liked got overshadowed with the more generic, liked-tolerated by everyone but loved by almost none stuff.

At the same time they can't purely focus on casuals either as they also want to appeal to the more hardcore players and everyones whining and isn't perfectly happy: the casuals because they can't get the fancy mounts and some higher level gear with farming heroics and BGs and the hardcores because casuals get too much for "free". But overall, everyone still gets something so they keep paying and whining.
    Quite spot on, that one. So thats the dilema Blizzard is facing: Hardcores not getting the "right stuff", casuals not getting what hardcores do, and blizzard tries to please everyone and it will never work. Why? It will never work because they are trying to please two completely opposite sides that stand for, and want completely different things.

I've done alot of thinking on my personal case and this is what i came up with:

- I cant be arsed with a 5-day raiding schedule, real life will be more or less non-existant.

- On a 3-day raiding schedule, im not sure im "pro" enough to be on a "Minions of Mithril" @ Silvermoon PvE level, but i might be quite close. Realistic chances of me getting in are slim to none.

- If i manage to get in into a guild like that, i will be seeing same bosses, same plases all the time, but on a different difficulty level. I will see the content most likely within two-three weeks after release, rest will be "better epic"-farming. Sence of progress of getting better gear is nowhere close to the sence of progress when killing a new boss and getting closer to something massive, epic, mysterious and dreadfull. In my opinion Blizzard was quite close to the ideal im after with Algalon: you had to get through some progress to gain access to a new area and new boss with new encounter (Still you had to do same bosses on a harder difficulty, wich is zZZzz, but hey, you'll get a new boss). As long as the amount of NEW bosses will be as much as Algalon, i will not play this game anymore (well, i quit, but point is: i'll not return).

WoW has always been a moneymaking machine, but right now and as it seems in the future, it feels and looks like a pure (much much much more of) moneymaking machine than it was before. Re-using content is just a big sign of "I'm too lazy/It costs too much to make new content, so I'll just take old one, remake and rebrand it, add just a handfull of new things and toss it out to the market as "The New Product" and make a whole lot more money cos people are suckers and will buy it anyway".

Yeah it was hard to quit, but those days that i soooo long for are over. The feeling is gone, the experience is gone, the thrill is gone, WoW just became a 3rd job for me. Is blizzard selling out? Hell yeah they do, and they do it with style and they are quite open/obvious about it.

And Kentukyfried, you're right. But this kind of threads will be appearing as long as the game takes more generic approach to everything.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    I've never seen a community so dumb, so childish, so ignorant and so elitist as WoW's. There seems to be both ends of the spectrum of players in WoW; The dumb who can't handle other games and the "cool guys" who play WoW because all other MMO's are "childish" and they'd rather die than touching a Wii cause it's a "fag console" that only caters to children, the latter most oftenly being the elitists.

Hate to see this happening since I do like WoW and this new expansion looks promising, but in it's current state I just don't see the pros overweighing the cons.
    Nail in the coffin. Wait, no, not a nail, a pike. A pike beat in with Half-Life crowbar.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Aren't video games for little kids?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skullslasher
    Aren't video games for little kids?
    Did you know that the first drawn movies were for the high-class adults?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Ok first off: Without Ultima online we would never had Everquest, which in turn GAVE US WOW!

EQ gave a lot of great ideas that blizzard liked and started using, same with Warhammer. And guess what, Blizzard did it better (IMO).

Second: Video games are not for little kids. I am 19, going to Full Sail University to learn to make video games. Sure little kids can play the games but so do many adults. I highly doubt you will see an 8 year old playing a game like Sexy Beach (Which I know isnt really a game more as well you should know) or Madworld.

Third: I like the way the casual/Hardcore thing is going right now. The casuals can see the end game content while the hardcore get hard modes. And dont give me the bull that its not good enough. You get upwards of 3/4 of a raids bosses on hard modes and possibly more algalon type hard mode only fights. And I highly doubt half of you "Hardcore Raiders" have even put a scratch in Yogg +0.

Finally: Human beings in general want power. And through the internet they can "Become" powerful. They will act like total assholes, make you feel like shit only because, chances are they are fat dumbasses with nothing else to live for. However with that being said, their are nice people in WoW. Their is what 11.5 million people playing that game? Their will be assholes, their will be kind people and their will be annoying bastard children. Thats not going to change unless we lose upwards of 90% of the player base (Exagerating of course).

P.S: Sorry for my terrible spelling.
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    I like this one better:

Same! i like tha one better , was gonna post it myself

If u dont like it, quit.

Haha another thing is that ur completly wrong, WoW wont go downhill for awhile, I bet wow gets 20 MIL + subscribers before it goes down. Expansions will be rolling until lvl 100 + Bank on it!

how the hell does a business sell out? Yeah they make a product they are passionate about but a business doing what they do can never be selling out.

The term selling out is always used by people with bands and other artists to describe when their little pet secret band is liked by more than 10 people (i.e. band, them and their mum). Oh no its not mine alone anymore, QQ.

Get over it.

15+ Year Old Account

No.

In other news. This whole "i can't afford to give HOURS of my life away." You act like it takes 20 effing hours to clear a raid. My guild raids two nights a week from 8-12pm. 4 hours. total 8 hours a week. You can't give 8 hours a week to the game? unistall.

Oh forgot Edit: Yes I do have a life. I have 17 credit hours this semester + weekend work. homework and I hang out with friends. I still can give over 8 hours a week to the game and maintain a B average and friendships and a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.
    Correct!

Do you people seriously think that an hardcore player cares about who's wearing what?
    Do you actually think, since 50% of this community screams at the "lol zomg Ulduar easymode" that more than 20% of the player in the world killed Yogg Saron on NORMAL MODE? Well they DID NOT.

You always have a wat to see who's the hardcore or who's the noob, casual, pvp'er that because he got some 226 gear from vendors and PuGs thinks everything's easy, just don't realize that in the game even exists items of level 239. (pre Coliseum).

"is blizzard selling out" implies that they are in the process of selling out or about to sell out.

they sold out years ago man.

yes im one of those "the game isnt as fun as it was in vanilla" ppl and honestly i dont give a damn what you think.

raiding is way to easy, and most of the hardmodes are really only as hard as vanilla (and some of the harder tbc) content but its soo boring and repetitive.

i find pvp to be boring aswell, arena is a joke... chasing a druid around a pillar for 15min is not pvp imo (unless it now means Player vs Pillar) world pvp is dead (no WG doesnt count) BG's are still entertaining from time to time even though theres a ton of balance issues these days.

only thing keeping me playing this game is the lore and friends.

@the OP: your mistaken if you think your going to find any engaging conversation / debate on these forums... its full of people who complain about people who complain but will only post in the QQ threads they 'hate' so much and then have the nerve to call you a troll after they post a dozen lolcats / awwjeez pics.

oh or they will refuse to read your "wall of text" (even if you use proper grammer) calling it unreadable but will then make fun of any typos in your post.
    /b/ecause none of us are as cruel as all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    I've never seen a community so dumb, so childish, so ignorant and so elitist as WoW's. There seems to be both ends of the spectrum of players in WoW; The dumb who can't handle other games and the "cool guys" who play WoW because all other MMO's are "childish" and they'd rather die than touching a Wii cause it's a "fag console" that only caters to children, the latter most oftenly being the elitists.
    You've never played TF2.
    Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria
    "is blizzard selling out" implies that they are in the process of selling out or about to sell out.

they sold out years ago man.

yes im one of those "the game isnt as fun as it was in vanilla" ppl and honestly i dont give a damn what you think.

raiding is way to easy, and most of the hardmodes are really only as hard as vanilla (and some of the harder tbc) content but its soo boring and repetitive.

i find pvp to be boring aswell, arena is a joke... chasing a druid around a pillar for 15min is not pvp imo (unless it now means Player vs Pillar) world pvp is dead (no WG doesnt count) BG's are still entertaining from time to time even though theres a ton of balance issues these days.

only thing keeping me playing this game is the lore and friends.

@the OP: your mistaken if you think your going to find any engaging conversation / debate on these forums... its full of people who complain about people who complain but will only post in the QQ threads they 'hate' so much and then have the nerve to call you a troll after they post a dozen lolcats / awwjeez pics.

oh or they will refuse to read your "wall of text" (even if you use proper grammer) calling it unreadable but will then make fun of any typos in your post.
    So your a QQer then, you are whining that the game is not good anymore. I highly doubt YOU would bring an engaging Debate/conversation on these forums. So yea...
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashii
    Ok first off: Without Ultima online we would never had Everquest, which in turn GAVE US WOW!

EQ gave a lot of great ideas that blizzard liked and started using, same with Warhammer. And guess what, Blizzard did it better (IMO).

Second: Video games are not for little kids. I am 19, going to Full Sail University to learn to make video games. Sure little kids can play the games but so do many adults. I highly doubt you will see an 8 year old playing a game like Sexy Beach (Which I know isnt really a game more as well you should know) or Madworld.

Third: I like the way the casual/Hardcore thing is going right now. The casuals can see the end game content while the hardcore get hard modes. And dont give me the bull that its not good enough. You get upwards of 3/4 of a raids bosses on hard modes and possibly more algalon type hard mode only fights. And I highly doubt half of you "Hardcore Raiders" have even put a scratch in Yogg +0.

Finally: Human beings in general want power. And through the internet they can "Become" powerful. They will act like total assholes, make you feel like shit only because, chances are they are fat dumbasses with nothing else to live for. However with that being said, their are nice people in WoW. Their is what 11.5 million people playing that game? Their will be assholes, their will be kind people and their will be annoying bastard children. Thats not going to change unless we lose upwards of 90% of the player base (Exagerating of course).

P.S: Sorry for my terrible spelling.

OK, First off, Everquest was greenlit like a year before Ultima Online was released. So no, if we did not have ultima online, we still could have had EQ. If we didn't have Meridian 59 (created by the dudes who created EQ), we most likely would not have EQ or UO.

Second, video games ARE made for little kids, they are also made for adults. Ever heard of the ESRB? Why would we even need them if games weren't made for little kiddies? I can go to the nintendo Wii section of my local walmart and see about 100 games listed with an E for Everyone. Do you really think games like Big Mama's Kitchen and Harvest Moon were made for adults?

Some other things I would like to mention in this thread....

First off, this general topic has been beaten to death. WoW will still maintain the highest playerbase of any mmo for years to come. The changes to cataclysm are EPIC. How Epic?

When EQ did something similar, they said fuck you to their customers and made it an entirely new game. We should be GLAD Cataclysm ISNT World of Warcraft 2. They are giving us these amazing upgrades to the old world content, AS AN EXPANSION.

I cancelled my accounts a few months back. After the rumors of Worgen Goblin playable races had been released, I told my buddy I planned to buy Blizzcon streaming ticket to see what was going down because I might start playing again. The announcements out of Blizzcon damn near made me want to reupp my account right there.

For every scrub who rage quits like the OP because he feels wow has sold out or wow sucks, there will be 1 or 2 people like me who reactivate their account. It will also be the best time to try and get some new friends to join the game. I will for sure be rolling a goblin rogue or hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis
    how the hell does a business sell out? Yeah they make a product they are passionate about but a business doing what they do can never be selling out.

The term selling out is always used by people with bands and other artists to describe when their little pet secret band is liked by more than 10 people (i.e. band, them and their mum). Oh no its not mine alone anymore, QQ.

Get over it.

No, selling out applies to bands and other artists who go from making what they want to make to making what they are told to make by record companies and other business enterprises who would retain the artist/band.

Read this to be learned...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sellout

Just wanna say one thing about this post and the OP:

Stupid fail-in-life troll is stupid...