Poll: What Level should DKs start at?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK Starting Level

Since leveling is a good thing (as agreed upon by many posters on this forum, see http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=97163.0), what level do you think DKs should start at?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Re: DK Starting Level

Seeming DK's were made for those already with a char 55+ i believe 55 is a decent level to start @, but i have seen some pretty lolfail dks on my server

It's kinda late to complaing about it now.

(Though it's really to bad that they didn't stick to the original concept of having to sacrifice a level 55+ to create a dk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

15+ Year Old Account

They should have started on level 1 right from the start. Although now it's to late to make this epic failure undone.
    Atleast I guess they've learned their lesson for the next time, if there will be a next ''hero class'' at all, since not only the leveling part of it was an epic failure.

DKs are not BORN, they are MADE.

It will be stupid to have a DK questing in Elwyn or Durotar, along with "good guys".

I really loved the first idea to sacrifice a level 55+ to make a DK - it's just a natural progressing of your character after he died fighting the scourge and being converted to DK.

But it will be strange now with Goblins and Worgens to have their DKs start at level 55, as there was no story of when your DK character being a "good guy".
    Also I suppose realms will get flooded with Goblin/Worgen DKs, to give players who want to play them a head start, which will be sad.

Maybe the restriction should be changed to "have a level 55+ of the same race to be able to make DK of that race"

15+ Year Old Account

As a DK myself I voted 1.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted

I am very curious how Goblin/Worgen/Any other new deathknight will level. They can not use the old DK starting area; as the lichking and probably most of the questgivers in that area will be defeated in Icecrown.

The only thing I can come up with is that the DK's will get a new starting area under control of the Ebon blade; in which you start from lvl 55 and battle the remaining scourge in a revamped plaguelands.

Does the bad guy suddenly disappear from the first chapters after the hero kills him at the end of a book? It's a story and character progression. It would make zero sense if they were suddenly starting in level 1 zones. They are controlled by the Lich King to start with then progress to break the control with an awesome quest line, not until that character progresses to Northrend and kills the Lich King himself is the actual Lich King dead in the "story." Why is this a difficult concept? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris
    I am very curious how Goblin/Worgen/Any other new deathknight will level. They can not use the old DK starting area; as the lichking and probably most of the questgivers in that area will be defeated in Icecrown.

The only thing I can come up with is that the DK's will get a new starting area under control of the Ebon blade; in which you start from lvl 55 and battle the remaining scourge in a revamped plaguelands.

Or you know since it took place in the past it can still happen.

Im playing DK aswell, also voted level 1.

You should be able to kill off another character level 55+ and then become DK. Starting at level 55 just feels so hollow and cheap :S
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

i'm very curious about how people do level from 58 and onwards, since every single bad guy in outland had their asses kicked into oblivion...
    yeah, stupid answer to a stupid point. if we were following your logic, every new caracter would begin at lvl68 straight in northrend...

starting at level 1 should be the way to go for death knights but... it just wouldn't make sense. you are not born death knight, you (well in most cases) don't choose to become a death knight. the lich king chooses people he sees fit become death knights, not just "kiddies" freshly coming out of northshire... and those who chose to become death knights are seasoned veterans...
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

15+ Year Old Account

The way I see it, it could go two ways.

1. You start at level 1 as class X. When you make it to around level 50 or so, you can begin a chain quest that ends up getting your character killed in some amazing battle against the Scourge. This chain will take you to 55. You then start your days as a Death Knight.

OR

2. You skip all that part and start your days as a Death Knight.

As fun as I think the first one sounds, I don't think anyone would really go for it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

You have a point. By the time worgens and goblins "join" the story, the Lich King will be dead/freed/cleansed whatever, so he can't appear in the DK starting zone for this two race. Altough, did we got any confirmation that by the time Deathwing rises and shatters Azeroth the Lich King is already gone? This two might happen at the same time, as you fight your epic battles at Northrend, the sundering happens on Azeroth... you visit back to enjoy your victory, then you see what happened. So basically the goblins and worgens join during the Icecrown conflict, making it acceptable that they can also see the Lich King himself in Acherus.

ps: and by the way, most of the quest givers and npcs are already dead, remember Naxxramas?

The DK starting area is set in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    The wings are spot on for horse anatomy though.

Deleted

Its about the fact that the worgen were not here in the past; they were chilling in Gilneas.

There is no possible way that they could be in the phasing area slaughtering scarlet crusaders for the lichking if the cataclysm did not destroy greymane wall yet. Though one might say that the worgen DK's used their human form all the time while serving the lichking; it sounds a bit lame, but it is the only explanation

Goblins could be there though; I guess a dead goblin could already be raised and join the ranks, we probarly mistook them for small dead orcs :P

As for Azteks point; in the trailer-movie it is stated that the cataclysm happens during our battle with the lich king. Thus indeed we come back to celebarte our victory only to find our homes in ruins

28 voted 1
    28 voted 55

:-D
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted

Level 55

you forget one thing... DKs are always running through Outland, even though that happened before WotLK. Having Worgen and Goblin DKs run through Outland and Northrend isnt any more illogical. And Level 1 Dks would be the same... they would still be able to kill Illidan and Arthas who are already dead... so... let's just say it doesnt matter

Well keep in mind there were still huntards and they started from lvl 1 making DKs start from 1 would thin out the numbers but the majority of the tards would still be there
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

They're a "Hero" class, and this is one of the benefits of being a "Hero" class. Blizzard has stated it and it makes sense.

Get over it

If you know the smallest thing about the DK, you would know that the quest chain takes place in the past...before arthas fully retires to his Throne off in Northrend and therefore, he will still be in the quest chain no matter how long time has passed...because he isn't dead yet. And saying that is like saying they should remove Outlands....cos Sargeras is dead..meaning the Burning Legion has been stopped, so they can't continue to invade can they? It makes perfect sense *sarcasm*

I think that neither Goblins or Worgen should become DK's, cos it ruins the storyline and places confusion, because the Worgen haven't broken out of Greymane in the past..... meaning theoretically, they can't have been fighting against the lich king, for him to kill them and then raise them as Knights to do his bidding.... Goblins can be slightly believable.. they have been fighting with us against the Scourge the whole time, e.g. Gadgetzan and Booty Bay... but then again, THESE goblins have had no reason to leave their island...so its quite a nuisance... i say remove DK choice from the Goblins and Worgens.... it might stop the masssive surge of those two classes, but then again, maybe not... im definitely re-rolling Alliance to try a Worgen Druid...and the Worgen start Quest chain is similar to Dk one... sounds good, and a Goblin rogue... for vengeance..oh the vengeance. /endrant