Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzcon Day 2 - Game Systems Panel

Blizzcon Day 2 - Game Systems Panel
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rated Battlegrounds
    • Rated Battlegrounds will be an alternative way to get arena points.
    • Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating.
    • New PvP titles will be added, as your rating progress you will unlock higher titles. If you earned a PvP title you will keep it.
    • When a Battleground is rated for the week, its normal non-rated version will still be available.
    • The amount of Arena Points will be limited to prevent grinding.
    • You will also earn guild level by playing these rated battlegrounds with your guildmates.

Tol'barad
    • Tol'barad is a mix of Lake Wintergrasp and the Isle of Quel'danas.
    • Every x hours the Daily Quests of the zone will shutdown and players will fight to capture the control points, the first team to get all of them wins.
    • The winning team gets access to better daily quests rewarding more gold/better items.

Guild Leveling
    • Guild experience is earned through multiple ways, players leveling, killing bosses, leveling professions, PvP victories, reputations.
    • Each guild level rewards you with one talent point, these talents affect the whole guild. The top 20 earners of the guild will contribute to the guild experience for the day.
    • Some of the guild talents will allow you to remove reagent costs from spell, get increased gold drops, summon your entire raid, rez your entire raid after a wipe, automatically transfer a % of gold dropped by bosses to the guild bank. Guild talents can be reset.
    • Once your guild reached level 20, the guild experience becomes a currency and let you buy things like mounts, professions plans, banners, potions, rare reagents and guild talent respecs.
    • Anyone can learn a guild profession recipe, if you leave the guild after learning it you will loose the recipe and it will be transferred back to the guild bank. Guild heirlooms also work the same way and are bound to the guild.

Guild Interface
    • Guilds will have their own achievements, some of the old achievements might be converted to guild achievements. Some of the achievements are building a legendary item, maxing out every profession, etc ...
    • A guild news feed will be added, it will shows boss kills, items looted, it will come with different filters to let you find specific information.
    • You can now check the professions of every members of your guild and check their recipes list to see if they can create an item.
    • You will also be able to invite other guilds to your guild events through the in-game calendar.

Mastery system
    • There are too many talents right now and a lot of them are boring and just give passive bonuses. (1% hit bonus, etc ...)
    • The goal is to make talents more fun and useful, Body and Soul or Juggernaut are a good example.
    • The old passive bonuses will be automatically added to your character through the Mastery system as you spend more points in a talent tree. Spending a lot of points in Fury will give you extra crit, etc ... this will be implemented for all classes.
    • Mastery bonuses will lower energy cost, increase your armor penetration, etc ...

Path of the Titans
    • Character progression slows down drastically at level 80. Players will improve their character through the Path of the Titan by using the new Archeology profession.
    • Archeology rewards you with "Ancient Glyphs" and give you bonuses reduced damage, reduced stun duration, etc ...
    • They are NOT inscription glyphs and are totally different, as you progress after level 85 you will earn points to buy more glyphs. They are tied to your talent specialization and cannot be respecced.
    • You will eventually get all your ancient glyphs, but hardcore players will get them faster. There will be a weekly limit to how fast you can get them.
    Path of the Titans
    Here is an official description of the Path of the Titans sytem by Aratil from the official systems panel write up.
    Originally Posted by Aratil (Blue Tracker)
    Path of the Titans
    Path of the Titans is another great new feature we covered that encompasses rewarding progression at max level. This new feature implements a third new type of glyph called “Ancient Glyph,” and as you can see, it is themed after the titans. These special glyphs are not associated with the Inscription tradeskill, and are also not specific to any class.

You’re able to unlock a path and progress within that path as you continuously engage in different aspects of the game. As you advance, you will be able to unlock special glyph sockets for your character. You can also respec your path at any time, in case you decide to change your path.

You earn these ancient glyphs by using the new Archaeology secondary profession to recover and trade in titan artifacts. Each path will have 2-3 choices per rank, and again, you can respec if you decide to go down another path.
    - Path of Aman’Thul, the High Father
    - Path of Eonar, the Lifebinder
    - Path of Norgannon, the Dreamweaver
    - Path of Khaz’Goroth, the Shaper
    - Path of Aggramar, the Avenger
    - Path of Golganneth, the Thunderer

You can earn progress down any of these paths by doing things such as questing, raiding, PvP, trade skills, etc., with a possible weekly cap for maximum progress. Over time, you’ll be able to unlock new ancient glyphs that will greatly benefit your character.

This new system will be accessible to all players at max level. Players will eventually be able to reach new ranks for ancient glyphs, encouraging them to further develop their characters. There is also a possibility that we will introduce whole new paths in future content patches.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-09-14 at 06:45 PM.

Re: Blizzcon Day 2 - Game Systems Panel

nice! awesome changes

Finally something more about Path of the Titans....damn i want this super "glyphs" now xD

Not lose rating when you lose the rated BG?!!

And the guild leveling system sounds pure awesomeness!

Very interesting! This sounds great!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

"Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating."

So you're eventually going to achieve a maximum amount of points a week?

Of all the news in that post, I think guild leveling was the most awesome one.

Que endless bitching from the arena heroes.

All the changes look great. Almost makes me want to return when the expansion comes out.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dieseledge
    Que endless bitching from the arena heroes.

All the changes look great. Almost makes me want to return when the expansion comes out.
    Dito. This really wants me to come back playing WoW, and probably will (just like Lich King did - stopped played a year before it, played it half a year, got bored). The only thing I really hope is that they make shadowpriests viable in pvp again. I have a priest, rogue, dk and druid, but love the priest the most, since it is my first maxlevel char ever.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I was skeptical this xpac info was true when it first came out but then it was confirmed and the details keep showing promise. It all sounds good but I'm still waiting to see what makes the final cut and in what shape. Guild progression sounds good on paper but I can see it quickly turning large/successful guilds into cliques of elitists (well, bigger elitists) and it will almost certainly thin out the number of guilds as people vie to be in a guild that has a lot more talent points and earned more achievements. I hope they address the potential issue of guilds becoming FOTM like so many classes and builds are right now. I still like the idea, just not without reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Path of the Titans
    • Character progression slows down drastically at level 80. Players will improve their character through the Path of the Titan by using the new Archeology profession.
    GO GO Asian grind fest?

2 questions that probably nobody can answer : :

- Do rated BGs mean random BGs? or premade BGs? Can i just click "Join Battleground" and earn Arena Points (if my Team wins) or do I have to find 10 people from my server for that?

- If all the passive Talents are moved from the Talent Trees to the "Mastery" Tree... how can they possibly replace that many passive talents with NEW and "INTERESTING" talents? A tree still has to have at least 51 different talents, right?

Everything sounds awesome exept one thing...

Character progression slows down drastically at level 80.
    It took me more that 7 hours each level from 70 to ~75.
    I fear it will be like 20 hours of questing for 1 level up >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    2 questions that probably nobody can answer : :

- Do rated BGs mean random BGs? or premade BGs? Can i just click "Join Battleground" and earn Arena Points (if my Team wins) or do I have to find 10 people from my server for that?

- If all the passive Talents are moved from the Talent Trees to the "Mastery" Tree... how can they possibly replace that many passive talents with NEW and "INTERESTING" talents? A tree still has to have at least 51 different talents, right?

Each week, a different BG will be made the Rated BG for the week. Kinda like how they have bonus-HP BGs every week. You're encouraged to join as a group(with your guildies) because your Guild earns Guild Points for winning Rated BGs as a group. Guild Effort=Guild Points.

But, yeah, you can que up by yourself and get Arena points. The way I understand it, you get a rating increase and Arena Points when you win a Rated BG, and you get NOTHING when you lose. No rating gain and no Arena points. Meaning that if you're persistent enough and patient enough, you'll eventually get your weekly Arena Points. And if you're even more persistent, you can keep getting rating boosts from the rare victory. Since your rating increase doesn't have a weekly cap, you can keep queing and queing and hoping for victories.

The new BG grind.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

The Path of the Titans and Guild levelling features sounds really cool - everything about this new expansion seems cool can't wait to see if it is as cool as they describe

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    There will be a maximum of 76 talent points to spend at level 85 (compared to the 71 points we have now). Doesn't have to have 76 different talents with 1 point in each. Some of the talents will be 3 point talents, some will be 5 point talents etc.

Thou i'd agree, there's gonna be a lot of passive talents which will be removed from the talent trees and added to the mastery system.
    Yeah i know it doesn´t have to be 1 pointers... but take a look at the paladin holy tree for example. t1 and t2 talents alone are ALL passive and i wouldn´t consider them to be "fun". that´s 5 completely different talents and 20 talent points they have to completely redesign to be "fun". Dunno how they could possibly come up with so many new exciting and BALANCED talents. Looks to me like that´s going to be more work than all the talent balancing from Vanilla till WOTLK combined... or am i missing something here?

But, yeah, you can que up by yourself and get Arena points
    that would be awesome because i love battlegrounds and I don´t think it´s possible to find a 10 man group everytime i wanna play.

\m/ Rated battle grounds! Been waiting for competitive ques since they added Xbgs.

I always liked BGs much better then arenas, guild vs guild ABs were the bomb back in classic, it'd great if they brought back that feeling.
    I hope they fix up the BGs though; like SotA and AV and Isle need alot of work to be fun in rated games with organized teams on vent.

But anyways, S1 rated battle grounds will be awesome nonetheless, just because most teams won't be running with FotM set ups yet and it'll be new 'n fresh.

Hell.
    I'll buy a WoW shirt and wear in public if they can pull this off long term. Maybe even with a picture of a gnome on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Yeah i know it doesn´t have to be 1 pointers... but take a look at the paladin holy tree for example. t1 and t2 talents alone are ALL passive and i wouldn´t consider them to be "fun". that´s 5 completely different talents and 20 talent points they have to completely redesign to be "fun". Dunno how they could possibly come up with so many new exciting and BALANCED talents. Looks to me like that´s going to be more work than all the talent balancing from Vanilla till WOTLK combined... or am i missing something here?

that would be awesome because i love battlegrounds and don´t think it´s possible to find a 10 man group everytime i wanna play.
    I'd recommend queing up with 4 other guildies after the night's raiding is done. Guild Points=Smaller repair bills.

Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Everything sounds awesome exept one thing...

Character progression slows down drastically at level 80.
    It took me more that 7 hours each level from 70 to ~75.
    I fear it will be like 20 hours of questing for 1 level up >.<
    Character progression doesn't nessiccarely mean gaining a level. Getting a new ability, a new talent, a new glyph is character progression. Gaining a level for the sake of it is not.

Also, they seem to borrow A WHOLE LOT from WAR. Guild levels, guild talents, passive boni for putting talent points into a talent tree, that's all directly taken from WAR. Not that that's a bad thing though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Bye bye raid groups.... That could be a problem as you rarely see the guild which is both PVP and PVE active... In case they don't put any PVP guild talents, that would be PVP-groups and raiding guilds. But in case there will be PVP guild talents, people are going really hard time to choise which guild to join.