Priest masteries (speculation) thread ^^

I must say I really like the mastery system.

It's basically replacing passive talents, and good riddance. For example; the holy paladin tree will grant you stronger heals, spell crit, and extra critical healing bonus (Increasing crits beyond +50%. woooo!) simply by taking talent points in the holy paladin tree.

That way, you can pick fun talents instead. Like body and soul.

A very open question is - what masteries do you want to see on the priest?

This is my speculative guesswork based on existing passive talents. And remember, numbers are adjustable.

Discipline
    - Damage mitigation: +1% stronger shields (PW:S, DA) per talent point spent
    - Spirit: -0.5% more spirit per talent point spent (the new spirit stat, that is)
    - Haste: +0.15% faster cast time on all spells

Holy: (pretty much identical to the holypaladin, booring I know)
    - Healing: +1% stronger healer per talent point spent
    - Critical Healing: +0.15% more crit on healing per talent point spent
    - Critical Healing Modifier: +1% more critical modifier bonus per talent point spent

Shadow:
    - Shadow Damage: +1% more damage by your shadow spells per talent point spent
    - Hit: +0.15% more spellhit per talent point spent
    - Mana efficiency: Shadow spells cost -0.1% less mana per talent point spent

That said - which masteries do you want to see?

Also: bye bye to 38 passive talent picks in the holy tree. Cheers!

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Re: Priest masteries (speculation) thread ^^

Discipline:
    • Extended Discipline: 0.5% Mana Cost reduction per point.

Holy
    • Critical Sustenance: Spell Criticals refund .25% of your mana per talent point.

Shadow:
    • Damage: Increased Smite damage by 1% per talent point.
    Okay, okay I was kidding. Quite frankly, shadow bores me.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shadow:
    DoTs have additional 0.25% chance to critically strike per point

Holy:
    Increases mp5 by 1% per point.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I must say I really like the mastery system.

It's basically replacing passive talents, and good riddance. For example; the holy paladin tree will grant you stronger heals, spell crit, and extra critical healing bonus (Increasing crits beyond +50%. woooo!) simply by taking talent points in the holy paladin tree.

That way, you can pick fun talents instead. Like body and soul.

A very open question is - what masteries do you want to see on the priest?

This is my speculative guesswork based on existing passive talents. And remember, numbers are adjustable.

Discipline
    - Damage mitigation: +1% stronger shields (PW:S, DA) per talent point spent
    - Spirit: -0.5% more spirit per talent point spent (the new spirit stat, that is)

Holy: (pretty much identical to the holypaladin, booring I know)
    - Healing: +1% stronger healer per talent point spent
    - Critical Healing Modifier: +1% more critical modifier bonus per talent point spent

Shadow:
    - Shadow Damage: +1% more damage by your shadow spells per talent point spent
    - Hit: +0.15% more spellhit per talent point spent
    - Mana efficiency: Shadow spells cost -0.1% less mana per talent point spent

That said - which masteries do you want to see?

Also: bye bye to 38 passive talent picks in the holy tree. Cheers!

and

are backwards
    Both have talents in these areas however Disc is far more dependent on crit than holy and holy far more dependent on spirit to have it that way would make no sense and destroy the discipline tree.
    Aman'ni anar! Asto're no terro - ai ri shano taleh diel shar nido dor Fandu.
    Nor alah tal dor thus ethala nor Fandu'talah lo man'ar do tal al'shar lo dor Fandu.

O rini su turus nor shando dorini do dor Mandalas. O no do isera'duna lo su Dorados'no ethala O no o neph'o lo su Dorados'No al'shar.

Dath diel ethala su adore do anu lo anar O alah nor nor NOR DOR FANDU!

Discipline: Decreases the change that your shields will be hit by X%. (That is, everyone trying to hit a person with a shield gets X% less hit chance, or whatever). I know it's OP, but it's just speculation ;D

Holy: Increases the direct damage of your Holy Fire and Smite spells by X%. Because I really want a Holy dps spec.

Shadow: Increases the amount of Spellpower received from Intellect when in Shadowform by X%.

Didn't they say they would remove all those increase ur xx by xx% talents ? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by bynor
    Didn't they say they would remove all those increase ur xx by xx% talents ? >.<
    They're not talking about talents, they're talking about the Mastery system, which gives passive bonuses which increase based on the number of talent points spent in that tree. It's what you get instead of the passive talents.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix
    They're not talking about talents, they're talking about the Mastery system, which gives passive bonuses which increase based on the number of talent points spent in that tree. It's what you get instead of the passive talents.
    oh my bad, but that's even more stupid, as in we remove the XX% talents, but add xx% masteries. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by bynor
    oh my bad, but that's even more stupid, as in we remove the XX% talents, but add xx% masteries. >.<
    Look into the Holy Tree.
    Twin Disciplines, Spiritual Healing, Blessed Resilience, Test of Faith (sometimes) and to a lesser extent Spiritual Guidance/Empowered Healing/Divine Providence. How many different ways can you "improve healing by x%"?

Now, look at Body&Soul. A talent that provides "utility" and "fun". It's not as useful, say, as 10% healing, but why can't you take it if your passive talents are now passive abilities just for being in the holy tree in the first place?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shadow - +1% hit for every ten points spent in the tree, up to +3% hi

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Lower part of any tree - added regen

Discipline:
    Added power to shields
    More Haste
    More Crit
    More heals

Holy:
    Range / radius for heals
    More haste
    More crit
    Higher heals (more than disc)

You won´t see talents that just improve by 1% of a stat from what they said on blizzcon.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Aye, to clear up some confusion. The pure statistical talents like Spiritual Healing or Mental Agility or Darkness will go away.

It's not stated what will happen to talents doing a bit of both stat boosting as well as "fun boons". Like Test of Faith, Blessed Resilience, Spirit of Redemption or Mind Melt. I expect them to be somewhat redesigned.

Instead, we'll see more talents with perhaps more dubious value. Like Holy Reach, Body and Soul. And talents doing useful stuff that's actually playstyle changing. Like Serendipity, Mind Melt (!) and Borrowed time. This way, talents will be less about whether X beats Y in pure throughput, but which talents you find fun. No matter what you pick, you will get the throughput anyway.

The mastery system basically gives you a bonus to some stats for each talent picked. Check out this paladin screenshot:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_020.jpg

As you can see, the holy tree gives bonuses to what the holy paladin tree is all about. Crit and throughput - and also crit multiplier (unless I misread it). Each point put into the holy tree will give you a bonus to each of these stats.

Which I think is awesome. Personally, I wouldn't part with Body and Soul for the life of me. Even though it's costing me 2% throughput right now, it's an fun talent with lots of awesome use cases.

For the holy tree in particular,this means that almost half of our talents will be scrapped. That's something to celebrate indeed. Discipline will likely see less changes; not many talents are about throughput or statboosting in that three anyway (exceptions in the middle part). Shadow will also see some redesign; I expect to less "Darkness" and more "Pain and Suffering".

Anyway - speculate away.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    The mastery system basically gives you a bonus to some stats for each talent picked. Check out this paladin screenshot:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_020.jpg
    I love how they named the paladin "Totheground"
    Or how the presentation sheet with the explaination that hunters wouldn't care about mana or intelligence anymore had a quote on it "GC said hunters are dumb!"
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!