Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Look at this map from blizzcon it shows which zones are totally redone

Quote Originally Posted by Genetics
    I'm sort of curious what this will mean for certain achievements and reputations. Goblins are joining the horde...but does this mean all goblins? Are places like everlook, booty bay, and ratchet going to be horde towns now? or will steam weedle cartel remain as neutral faction and the new 'horde' goblins be given a title of their own, similar to the gnomes...something like 'Kezan Exiles'.
    This has been explained already, the Steamwheddle Cartel are part of a neurtal group of goblins, under rule by a certain neurtal trade prince, whereas the goblins joining the horde start off as a neutral Cartel (they are called the Bilgewater Cartel IIRC) who get swayed towards the horde and under rule by a different goblin trade prince, so no. Not all goblins are joining the horde, just the Bilgewater Cartel (which are the ones you will be playing)

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    I'm vaguely wondering if the neutral port will have a boat going to Steamweadle Port in Tanaris.

EPL finishes at lvl 50, and Tanaris will now start at 50 and it seems that Tanaris, Ungoro and Silithius will be the only place to level between 50-58 so it would make sense to have an easy way of getting to Tanaris after finishing in Northern Eastern Kingdoms. Maybe they'll also stick some sort of fast link between Everlook and Gadgetzan (Teleporter?) as well so those finishing in Winterspring can get down there quickly as well?
    Well, the only place on Kalimdor to get from 56-60 would be Silithus. But I think we can make the safe assumption that Blasted Lands would be made 56-60 because when you're done you go straight through the Dark Portal.

Unfortunately the man in the white coat is standing with his arm over the critical area so we can only guess at the contents of Southern Eastern Kingdoms.

Now, thanks to the 045 map, we know Wetlands leads into Arathi Highlands, and Arathi is now 26-30, so Wetlands is 21-25, and looking at Mapwow.com it is easy to see that:

1-10: Don Morogh
    11-20: Loch Modan
    21-25: Wetlands

etc

The human level progression, however, is much harder, since there is no zone-to-zone progression that I can see, without leaping across some high-level zone in between.

This much is obvious:

1-10: Elwynn Forest
    11-20: Westfall
    21-25: Duskwood

Since it shows that Stranglethorn is now red and thus massively changed, I would guess you go south from Duskwood:

26-30: Stranglethorn Vale

And what now? Stranglethorn is a dead end.

The only thing I can think of, if Blizzard want to keep some sort of zone-to-zone progression going from here, is to leap up to Badlands:

31-35: Badlands
    36-40: Searing Gorge
    41-45: Burning Steppes
    46-50: Redridge
    51-55: Swamp of Sorrows
    56-60: Blasted Lands

Can anyone think of a more logical zone flow than this?

What caught my eye in one the maps that somebody linked

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_045.jpg

If you look toward the bottom to the right of gilneas, it looks like they have new islands called The Channel Isles, and one of them is a Zul ( troll island )

My theory of the exact meaning of the colors, based on the fact that desolace is in yellow, is:
    green - no significant change in topography and no change in scenery
    yellow - no significant change in topography but significant changes in the scenery (ie desolace's terrain seems to have retained the same shape despite the considerable changes)
    red - significant changes both in the topography and the scenery

The quest changes are probably not what the colors are supposed to reflect because on http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_045.jpg most of those green places have to have gotten significant quest changes for the new leveling flow.

Quote Originally Posted by brazil2011
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_081.jpg

Pure guesswork here without confirmation on some of the zones, but in that map above, it looks to me that green largely corresponds to zones without major revamps, yellow are medium revamps, and red are major revamps.
    dunno if it's mentioned (cba reading it all) but blue zones appear to be new zones (I see Gilneas, MH, Uludum and that Grim Batol shizzle zone)

: )

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aeorix
    What caught my eye in one the maps that somebody linked

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_045.jpg

If you look toward the bottom to the right of gilneas, it looks like they have new islands called The Channel Isles, and one of them is a Zul ( troll island )
    Zul'Dare, place of a huge Second War battle.

Has nobody noticed? Westfall is yellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzader
    Retbull.

it geifs you wings!

not sure if any pointed this out i aint got alot of time atm to read all the posts but if u look at theat pic right by the map is a key explaining wut some of the colors mean and wut the letters stand for

Hrm, on second look, I've realized that there are only stars for new instances. Interesting.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Don't you think its kinda weird that Blizzard say there is going to be no changes to Westfall then on that map it says there is going to be moderate changes.

Also the horde are taking Southshore so i don't think Hillsbrad should be marked green as it is on that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightripper
    Don't you think its kinda weird that Blizzard say there is going to be no changes to Westfall then on that map it says there is going to be moderate changes.

Also the horde are taking Southshore so i don't think Hillsbrad should be marked green as it is on that pic.
    My theory was that the colors represent terrain changes, not necessarily questing changes.
    Real life is so hard, we hide in the stars...

That's where our heads are -- My head and your heart

Nevertheless there would need to be a scenery change in hillsbrad because the horde now completely control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralik
    Has nobody noticed? Westfall is yellow.
    So? I don't get this joke = /
    Banned.

bah =( he is covering up half of the zones for eastern kingdoms that maters to allaince players.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nightripper
    Nevertheless there would need to be a scenery change in hillsbrad because the horde now completely control it.
    Can't be too sure of that. Just because the Horde has taken over Southshore doesn't mean the alliance has been banished from the place. There is still that Hillsbrad Farmstead thingie. Maybe that gets turned into the ne Alliance camp.

Quote Originally Posted by alexman
    Hrmm what the other zone that seems to be getting a major revamp next to stv in that picture
    blasted lands.

too bad that guy doesnt let us see a part of the Eastern Kingdom

Yellow in wesfall is obviously the quest for heroic deadmines

I've made the image biggerer/sharperer:

Very interested to see what's happening with STV, Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows, and Westfall.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by brazil2011
    Alot they are near the water i can smell booty bay in ruins
    Finally!