Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Look at this map from blizzcon it shows which zones are totally redone

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_081.jpg

Pure guesswork here without confirmation on some of the zones, but in that map above, it looks to me that green largely corresponds to zones without major revamps, yellow are medium revamps, and red are major revamps.

Re: Look at this map from blizzcon it shows which zones are totally redone

I am guessing this based on the fact we know azahara is now a low level zone

From what we know about the zones so far, that makes sense.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

Except one half of the barrens is only moderate, while the other is major? Doesn't make much sense, they're both getting turned on their heads.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

well maybe the southern part got more revamped which would be the new green forest junk

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Except one half of the barrens is only moderate, while the other is major? Doesn't make much sense, they're both getting turned on their heads.
    I guess the northern is the lower level area and probably keeping some of the same quests. You know, the mastery ones and stuff.

I see STV is getting a large revamp. I wonder what its changes are.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

Alot they are near the water i can smell booty bay in ruins

thousand needles flooded looks confirmed it in red so major revamp it looks

The Barrens schism makes sense. Northern Barrens has the Wailing Caverns which has been made lush by the druids, so the zone is probably doing a lot better than the south. I think it's also been geographically split.

Yes it's been split into two zones, but still Id think that even the lower level section would warrant being classified as a major revamp. It could go either way, I'm just leaning towards thinking that map may mean something different for now. Note the green color of dustwallow, that seems odd if it really means very little change.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

It would be cool if BB got submerged under water.. and the goblins would just build docks on top of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Hmm. I think it works. North half might be part that the Horde still owns. Besides the giant gash going through its south border, it shouldn't have changed much.

While the South may now be alliance owned.

Some other things of note... if I'm not mistaken, this may mean that Darkwhisper Gorge is becoming a seperate zone as well.
    And Deadwind Pass is... missing? Apparently even Blizzard forgot about this zone.
    Plus there's yet unspecfied changes to The Badlands, STV, and the yellow zones.

Assuming that's what it means, of course. It makes sense in a way, but it's going to need some more confirmation.

As soon as i ding 85 guess what ;P fly around on ma epic flyer and gank! ;D

i think it be north be alliance in a screenshot it looks like alliance now own crossroads

I'm sort of curious what this will mean for certain achievements and reputations. Goblins are joining the horde...but does this mean all goblins? Are places like everlook, booty bay, and ratchet going to be horde towns now? or will steam weedle cartel remain as neutral faction and the new 'horde' goblins be given a title of their own, similar to the gnomes...something like 'Kezan Exiles'.

Judging by the colors, I would assume that:

Blue: New Zone
    Green: Mostly un-changed in terms of quest flow.
    Yellow: Moderate changes to geography and quest flow
    Red: Extreme changes to geography and quest flow.

If this were the case, it looks as if the Eastern Plaguelands finally get cleansed by the Druids. This makes since, because of what's revealed in the Death Knight Arc with Light's Hope, and the various Druids trying to repair the land. A big steeple of this zone was the Argent Dawn and preparations for Naxxramas. With Naxxramas no longer in the Eastern Plaguelands, it looks as if this zone will be re-tooled for a better leveling experience.

It also looks as if Felwood receives some sort of re-vamp. It's also possible it gets cleansed and re-tooled.

We know that Ashenvale will be a mostly changed zone; The Horde takes over much of the Alliance posts here, and it's possible that Orgrimmar is even re-built here.

I can speculate for hours on this.
    Real life is so hard, we hide in the stars...

That's where our heads are -- My head and your heart

I don't really think, that this colorcode might be right, but can not see that much that would let me definetly say so. Probably because we don't know that much yet.
    But I think hillsbrad (was that the correct name? can't remember) might be at least yellow, if southshore is going to be destroyed etc.

On a side note: I think that map shows thousand needles as having an istance, so meh.
    Maybe the map is from an earlier point in the design process and not up to date with blizzcon news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

We do know where dungeons and raids will be though. I find it interesting there's apparently a dungeon marker right in the middle of 1K needles.

well ogrimmar is being rebuilt but it still in durator if you look at that screenshot somewhere on mmochamp