Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: enjoyed Death Knight alot, would I enjoy a paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    somehow i find my lvl 68 feral druid to be extremely boring.... cant say why..
    or maybe becuase killing a mob means the same BORING rotation every single time. oh, and dont come to me with things like "but you can aoe farm once every 3 minutes ! " yeah, great, thanks....
    says the hunter.. /petattack /startattack pew pew /yawn

its probably because it requires you to THINK about what you are doing.. you just like facerolling.

love/hate relationship with paladins. from the start i have one. i love it. awesome to tank with (2 taunts on independant cooldowns, insane threat) and the farming potential is amazing (i know all you pallies have a screenie of your toon standing in the middle of a perfect cirle of dead mobs) IF, a big if, someone silver-tongued enough can talk me into going ret (not a dps player at all and i can't heal on all my toons that's just boring) i can still do my duty as a carebare and throw out instant FoL's when they proc (another fine use of healbot) or bubble a squisher when in need and still do competetive damage.

the hate part comes in when running a pug and all 3 rets are lolstorming the entire instance and asking you to 'link dps plz' after every pull. or the poorly spec'd thing with a two hander who wont switch RF off because he takes less damage with it on. even after explaining what RF does and that he would take much less damage with it off. oh, and silence can fuck off too.

all in all, if you like to do stuff with nobody dying you will love paladins. just remember the other 4/9/24 people in your group and you'll be doing it right. as stated by someone previously, paladins are about defense
    somebody call for d doctor?

The Paladin has very few core abilities that are fun and strong. Most of them come from talents. Unlike the DK who gets a good amount of attack and Defense skills by default.

It is fun, but you won\'t find that you have a lot of survival spells as a DPS, or a lot of high damage spells as a tank.

It\'s fun, but diferent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Well it used to be that leveling a pally = UGH.

It was bad. I leveled a human pally and got an old school pvp rank title and everything. I lived in AV..and that was when an AV match would easily take HOURS.

Anyway, leveling a pally back then was hard and it sucked. I leveled a blood elf pally to give horde a try and it was slightly better but even back in BC towards the beginning..pallys were just the 'ugh' class to level like priests. I am leveling a blood elf priest right now and its sooo slow going in the teens. It better pick up when I hit 20 and get mind flay etc..otherwise I will gouge out my eyeballs.

Anyway..

Pallys have gone through some massive changes and from what I have seen from friends who also level pallys, its soooo much easier and better now. Pallys, regardless of spec, have very good survivability when it comes to leveling and are very very durable. Things I could do in Outlands on my pally I could not do on my rogue when I leveled my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    You'll be bored out of your mind. Unless healing is what you're looking for, DK's are better and a much more in depth class. Better DPS, better at arena, and no divine shield to be balanced against.

I'm wishing I had rolled DK.
    lol @ this, you must be bad and cant play your class, ret paladins with the proper gems/enchants can out dps a dk easily

back on topic, ret is an easy, but boring class to level, but i think its worth it

Deleted

Pally is my main, and im rlly bored of all 3 specs. I have ulduar 25 ret gear, uld 10 prot / holy gear. And when im asked to respec to fill a spot, it's always. As prot, u throw ur shield, consecration and then pretend that it's hard to hold aggro. As healing, u just spam 1 heal button, and sometimes press holy shock or holy light (cuz of the mana nerf, i just used to spam holy light and i wouldnt run out of mana). As ret, u just need a priority system and ur set. So what im trying to say is, go lvl a class that requires u to make an efford, or u'll be bored really quickly.

Ballsack, DPS =\\= fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Erelyn
    Pally is my main, and im rlly bored of all 3 specs. I have ulduar 25 ret gear, uld 10 prot / holy gear. And when im asked to respec to fill a spot, it\'s always. As prot, u throw ur shield, consecration and then pretend that it\'s hard to hold aggro. As healing, u just spam 1 heal button, and sometimes press holy shock or holy light (cuz of the mana nerf, i just used to spam holy light and i wouldnt run out of mana). As ret, u just need a priority system and ur set. So what im trying to say is, go lvl a class that requires u to make an efford, or u\'ll be bored really quickly.

Sure you aren\'t talking about Kara gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Paladin befor Level 40 = yawn
    It's pretty much only auto hit with judgement on cooldown... even after that it doesnt get more fun, but it gets ridicolous fast ;D
    Try it. It's still fun. (And really easy. Everyone can play it. If you just want to level it, go on. But playing a paladin good in end content is another thing..)

My main is a Paladin, but I didn't really enjoy DK much (hit 60 and lost interest). Maybe it works the other way around.
    Lawl endgame Paladin is still easy and I know it.
    We just don't have a lot of buttons to press or cd's to watch.
    Paladin's can be boring endgame if you don't like to press only like 4 buttons as dps and 1 button as healer.
    I just hate the fact pally tanking is easier than war tanking, still I play my war more than my pala.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, you would. Just make sure your face can handle 2 characters! Might be a bit bruised after a while.