View Poll Results: What do you think will be added as a Legendary item in Cataclysm?

Voters
981. This poll is closed
  • Another 2H DPS weapon.

80 8.15%
  • Another 1H DPS weapon.

77 7.85%
  • Another caster DPS weapon.

381 38.84%
  • Another healer weapon.

26 2.65%
  • Another ranged DPS weapon.

62 6.32%
  • A Legendary piece or armor or shield.

155 15.80%
  • A weapon specifically designed for tanking.

125 12.74%
  • Another mount or other "cosmetic" item.

75 7.65%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Cataclysm Legendary?

EDIT: I didn't make myself clear enough :S Apparently Blizzard has said another caster Legendary is on the way. But, as has been the case, I doubt we'll see only 1. So, after said caster item, then what?
    /END EDIT

I got to thinking about this after reading another QQ post (of many) about Legendary items. Someone was complaining, "Where is our caster Legendary???" First to those people, do you remember Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian? So yes, there HAS been a caster Legendary, just it is no longer obtainable.

Ok, to the point of my post I got to thinking about what Cataclysm would hold for us as far as Legendaries go. Here's what we've had so far (and please correct me if I happen to miss something):

- Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker: 1H DPS sword, though tanks would also use this weapon.
    - Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros: 2H DPS mace.
    - Black Oiraji Resonating Crystal: bug mount that can be used outside of AQ.
    - Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian: caster staff whose stats varied slightly depending on the wielder's class.
    - Twin Blades of Azzinoth: 1H DPS sword set for Warriors and Rogues.
    - Thoridal, the Star's Fury: bow.
    - Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings: 1H healer mace.

And now we will have another 2H DPS weapon, Shadowmourne, whose stats "may not benefit hunters or shamans as much as warriors, DKs or paladins".

So with that in mind, what do you think we will see as a Legendary item in WoW: Cataclysm and why? Or, what would you like to see as a Legendary? Personally I think it's about time we get an actual tanking item: either a weapon, or maybe a Legendary shield.

My idea is that the item could be similar to Atiesh. The item would be a polearm for Druids and Death Knights or a sword for Warriors and Paladins who complete the quest (or another weapon appropriate to the class, obviously).
    What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated. - Thomas Paine

Deleted

Re: Cataclysm Legendary?

They stated that it would be a caster weapon in the official posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zugrim
    They stared that it would be a caster weapon in the official posts.
    /thread

There have been multiple Legendaries in the original game and each expansion. I should have stated after said caster item. I will update my previous post.
    What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated. - Thomas Paine

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zugrim
    They stated that it would be a caster weapon in the official posts.
    quoted for truth, blizzard said the first Cataclysm legendary will be for casters in one of the earlier raids.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

It was clearly stated by Blizzard that the first Cataclysm legendary will be a caster dps weapon.
    /thread

Mate, if you check on the legendaries can you tell me then how many of them each class can use?

Would be nice to see another legendary mount that's truly unique.

Or maybe a legendary cloak that's useful for all classes/specs and has a kick ass graphic

after the caster legendary i hope there is a 2hand mace for feral druids and shamans

Caster DPS weapon because they already said it would be so.

Caster dps weapon. The bigger question is what KIND of weapon will it be?

i would LOVE a 1h sword but wouldn't mind a staff

I love how everyone is G.N.E.R.D raging about a caster legendary.
    And saying that blizzard said this or that, rule one of forums , picture/threads or it didn't happen. Second off, maybe if you all just watched blizzcon, you would have noticed that they say that the legendary is a 2h axe.
    Hate to break the news, but apparently blizz likes their new shiny dk's more than your sorry mages.

That is all.

Good day.

10+ Year Old Account

It was clearly stated that jfadsep i aojt antuia djkoifje.

I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedclone
    And saying that blizzard said this or that, rule one of forums , picture/threads or it didn't happen. Second off, maybe if you all just watched blizzcon, you would have noticed that they say that the legendary is a 2h axe.
    Hate to break the news, but apparently blizz likes their new shiny dk's more than your sorry mages.

That is all.

Good day.
    Um welcome to the thread perhaps you should read the part that says CATACLYSM before making an ass of yourself. Yes the current one is a 2h axe.... theres already pictures i dont know who would actually still be arguing about this. Also if you watched blizzcon (back on topic) they said the first legendary in cata would be a caster weapon, i believe they said in the first raid but i don't remember that for sure. Personally i will bet money its a dagger so that every single caster class can use it. Also after that my guess is the next legendary will probly be something tankish but thats tough to do these days as 2 tanks use 2 handers and 2 use 1 handers. Maybe a ring or something
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedclone

That is all.

Good day.
    That 2 handed axe is for 3.3. We're talking about Cataclysm.

Honestly...this is like taking a poll asking humans what they like to breathe more: oxygen, carbon monoxide, or fart.

Caster DPS will win by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Crilllande
    Caster dps weapon. The bigger question is what KIND of weapon will it be?

i would LOVE a 1h sword but wouldn't mind a staff
    Please not a 1h sword. Shadowpriests are casters too

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    Please not a 1h sword. Shadowpriests are casters too

and oomkinz

Quote Originally Posted by Choclitbear
    Honestly...this is like taking a poll asking humans what they like to breathe more: oxygen, carbon monoxide, or fart.

Caster DPS will win by default.
    is it fart?

I'll take a Legendary Thrown / Wand / Off-Hand.