Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Runescrolls and Drums

Make a scroll for every group buff spell, fill raid with 4 warrior tanks, 3 priests and a pali healer, rest are warlocks.
    The End
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    Make a scroll for every group buff spell, fill raid with 4 warrior tanks, 3 priests and a pali healer, rest are warlocks.
    The End
    Pally tanks are bettah! So 3 pala tanks imo!

I think is one of the worst idead blizz has for upcoming update... now you realy will be able to do a group without classes you always took for buffs and raid utility... whats next? Scroll of Battle Ressurection? Scroll of Soulstone? maybe Durable Scroll of Priest - gives your class abilities of the priest for 2h - persists through death?

GotW on the scroll is a little bit too much (the good thing is druids can have talented version of GotW)

in my opinion it's not that bad yet, but blizz definitely took the wrong path to go here...

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    The scroll would give 15% haste etc instead of 20% that shamans would.
    It's 30% http://www.wowhead.com/?search=bloodlust#abilities
    I think 20% would be a decent buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthballz
    Does anyone know the number of charges the drums have?
    No idea, but I sure would like to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hastilavista
    the old drums had 30 charges, i suppose they have the same...
    Old ones had 50, not 30 charges.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29529

In other news, I think what they have implemented so far is good and beneficial but I wouldn't like to see many more of these added because then people would start stacking too much of a certain class. Shadow priests for example would pretty much be obsolete since they do mediocre dps on bosses and paladins/hunters/destro locks easily out DPS them in most cases/bosses while still providing the constant and reliable replenishment effect. If they made a scroll/drum for every class specific buff... I think it wouldn't turn out good for the PVE aspect of this game.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

cuz you know, if we had scroll of bloodlust, we wouldn't bring shamans anymore.
    I think shamans are still valuable enough to bring to raids, they still have their totems and both resto/ele are very valuable specs to have in a raid.

AMAGAD IMMA LOSE MA RAID SPOT TO A SCROLL!

Shamans didn't lose their spots in BC because of drums, none of you will lose your spot because they can get kings or fort from a scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Well they have taken care of fort, kings and MotW...... no intellect though?
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixphyre
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37092
    Individual, but it's still there while none of the others are currently in the game right now.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixphyre
    felhunter brings int and spirit http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57567

Quote Originally Posted by Xelu
    I think is one of the worst idead blizz has for upcoming update... now you realy will be able to do a group without classes you always took for buffs and raid utility...
    I think thats their point, when you get a group together it should be like "Oh we want player X because he's very good, he pays attention, knows his class and has the gear". Not a case of "Oh we want player X because he’s a pally". In TBC, things were a lot more class based for instances and often it would turn out the "class" you'd invited was a hopelessly under-geared and useless player.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on these from a leatherworking perspective yet. As a LW I think this is fantastic news! In WotLK i've been so close to abandoning LW because it’s fairly useless compared to the other crafting professions, and its counterpart skinning is probably the least profitable of the gathering professions. Whereas BS/Tailoring get mounts and engineers get all manner of cool stuff like portable mail boxes and repair bots, LW get a few bits of gear and some armour kits and that’s it. Not a single cool "ability" type thing and no faction reputation recipes either. The item +stats are similar to other professions and so are negligible and even cool money makers that we used to make like the +10% mount speed riding crop and the Drums of X/Y/Z have been taken away in the expansion. Certainly for LW, wotlk felt like a step backwards not forwards.

I found LW very challenging to find niche areas to make money because of this, and generally the only thing it is good for right now is levelling gear which i didn’t use anyway as it usually lagged behind quest reward items in quality.

So I really welcome this addition (even though I suspect it won’t be that decisive since there probably aren’t many groups without a pally or druid given their relative popularities at the moment).

Deleted

Hm, I don't see a "problem" there for my shaman since I don't know any leatherworker besides twinks that are there for the trouser enchantments - and as long as a leatherworker has to use the drum, well, who cares.

Leatherworking is kinda lame right now and the drums are Blizzards effortless try to turn that again into a viable raiding profession, like it was pre-3.0. At least this is my opinion

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crot
    I really liked the Drums in TBC but is sux bigtime to copy class-spells
    This. In tbc drums were my favourate craft out of all professions! 8)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

I think worries of "Oh my god, I won't get invited to a raid because a drum can emulate some of my buffs" is just fear of change. Shammys, pallys and priests bring much more to raids than 2-3 buffs and a good player will be just as likely to get grouped in 3.2.2 as they are in 3.2.0. It also means there will be less cases where a 5 or 10 man group is consistently failing to down a boss simply because they are missing a single buff. 10% "more" across an entire raid is one hell of a buff, and a 10% marging to dps and healing is the difference between a sucess and a failure.

For one thing the material costs of the drums are going to be affordable, but by no means cheap, Drums of Forgotten Kings requires 8 x heavy borean and 8 x icy dragonscale. Heavy borean are about 6.25g each on my server, so thats 50g and icy dragonscale is slightly higher so if it were me selling it on the AH, i'd be wanting at least about 120g per 50 charge drum, probably higher otherwise i might aswell just sell the raw materials.

I'm really excited to see what effect these have on the servers leather economy, because right now there isn't much demand for leather bcause the only consumable leather items are the armor kits of which there arent many and there isn't much demand. These would add a nice new item that eats up a fair bit of heavy borean, icy dragonscale and jourmunger scale and since the drums only have 50 charges there will be a constant requirement for more. Raw material values should therefore increase which will be good to see, since the raw value of a stack of heavy borean (~125g) isn't that impressive given that it takes about 40-45 mins to farm it up.

10+ Year Old Account

If you lose your spot because of these you shouldn't be raiding. The super top end guilds MIGHT stack classes with this but most guilds will take the more skilled player, regardless of class.

Edit : My question is this, do you need to be a LW to use them or just to make them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah
    Edit : My question is this, do you need to be a LW to use them or just to make them?
    From what I can see (I'm not on the PTR so don't take this as gospel) they will be the same as TBC where LW make them and then sell them on the AH where anyone can use them. This would be logical too since the purpose of the drums is to reduce the requirement for a specific class in order to run a 10 man, provided you have the core roles (tank/healer/dps) filled.

So it would make sense that anyone can use them since there is no garuntee that a 10 man group without a pally will have LW. To back this up, the tooltip for the http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49633/drums-of-forgotten-kings/"]Drums of the Forgotten Kings[/url] doesn't say its soulbound or that only a LW can use it, so presumably anyone can use them. All it says is requires Lvl 80.

10+ Year Old Account

Good to hear. Was afraid it would be one of those potential good things that Blizz fucks up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    * Runescroll of Stamina - Snowfall Ink, Resilient Parchment x 5 - Increases Stamina by 165 for all party and raid members for 1 hr.

Leatherworking

* Drums of Forgotten Kings - Heavy Borean Leather x 8, Icy Dragonscale x 8 - Gives all members of the raid or group the Blessing of Forgotten Kings, increasing total stats by 8% for 30 min.
    * Drums of the Wild - Heavy Borean Leather x 4, Jormungar Scale x 20 - Gives the Gift of the Wild to all party and raid members, increasing armor by 750, all attributes by 37 and all resistances by 54 for 1 hr.

What do you guys think?
    Im really happy they added them.. It really sucks trying to do hard modes without kings and other buffs..

Now we just need a bloodlust one..
    It's going to help out the 10 man only guilds a LOT - it's hard enough to be able to class stack but if you're just out-and-out missing a class buff, this is going to be great.

Definitely need a heroism one. Easy to do, too, as pointed out above.

Guys, enough with the greed-talk about wanting heroism/BL scrolls..
    You know why they added these? Cus in a 10man you might not get enough buffs, everyone know this.
    They added these spesific buffs cus they are buffs that increases HEALTH, and therefor help tanks (aswell as the raid) in 10mans.

They havent said anything about this, but the chance for them to add scrolls to benefit DPS? never going to happen in my opinion. Be happy that they help out 10mans with these 3 buffs, dont be greedy.

Are you suggesting that Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild don't help dps? 'Cause last I checked they increased some of your stats other than just Stamina. Like... all of them.

Deleted

Hopefully they will make it so you can only have 1 drum active at any given time.