Thread: Am I wrong?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I wrong?

to start off I'm not a pally expert. But I recently had to change guilds because my old guild died. I'm casual at this point but was a sunwell pre-nerf raider (server first Mu'ru day of the nerf after working on him for 2 months). I've had some life changes that made me slow down considerably but I still enjoy good progression.

In this new guild they have a decent geared pally, seems like a nice guy but looking at his spec and geming I almost fell over... I'm trying to decide if I should even aproach him on it, an if so how do I convince a better geared more progressed toon that my way is better? lol. even moreso am I just an idiot and I'm doing it wrong? I put both armories here so any suggestions would be appreciated.

TLDR: which of these two is doing right, and how do you nicely explain to the other how to fix it?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&n=Amenraw

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mer&n=Aminidab

EDIT: fixed SOME of the grammer issues lol

Edit: because nobody reads the reply posts, I understand completly the points in prot it's the choice of talents in the HOLY tree that confuse me.

Deleted

Re: Am i wrong?

I can't see what's wrong with either tbh.

Yes Intellect is still the best stat for a Holy Paladin but gemming is up to the Paladins playstyle. The most typical gemming would be all int and 10 stats for the meta requirements.

And regarding specs, The first you linked is using a spec which most Paladins pick up when doing hard modes with a guild, to reduce some damage (Such as Firefighter phase 2) and the second has gone for the crit build. Both are viable, most guilds just have the one spec'd with Divine Sacrifice tho (was that way with my casual guild anyways). Plus with the Divine Sacrifice build, it makes your Sacred Shield last up to a minute, which isn't a massive thing but saves mana on refreshing it.

Looking at stats, the first one is alot better, more mp5, more haste (getting FoL to a 1 second cast is awesome) and more spellpower but the second person gear is obviously a little less geared.

That's just my opinion tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiti
    I can't see what's wrong with either tbh.

Yes Intellect is still the best stat for a Holy Paladin but gemming is up to the Paladins playstyle. The most typical gemming would be all int and 10 stats for the meta requirements.

And regarding specs, The first you linked is using a spec which most Paladins pick up when doing hard modes with a guild, to reduce some damage (Such as Firefighter phase 2) and the second has gone for the crit build. Both are viable, most guilds just have the one spec'd with Divine Sacrifice tho (was that way with my casual guild anyways). Plus with the Divine Sacrifice build, it makes your Sacred Shield last up to a minute, which isn't a massive thing but saves mana on refreshing it.

Looking at stats, the first one is alot better, more mp5, more haste (getting FoL to a 1 second cast is awesome) and more spellpower but the second person gear is obviously a little less geared.

That's just my opinion tho.
    what I noticed about the first guy wasnt his choice to go down the prot tree, I understand that it has it's use.. was more how he chose to spend the points in the holy tree. Unyeilding faith? Purifying power? pure of heart? sacred cleansing? no Jotp or enlihtened judgements? again I'm considering that I may be the idiot here and if I am I'm sure someone will set me straight lol.

EDIT: he also doesnt have 1 second flashes because of JOTP, his haste is actually lower because he doesnt have th %15 talented haste

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Am I wrong?

You are right. He is so wrong I just threw a kitten off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    /cookie

grats on being the first troll, now anyone wanna be helpfull?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by aminidab
    what I noticed about the first guy wasnt his choice to go down the prot tree, I understand that it has it's use.. was more how he chose to spend the points in the holy tree. Unyeilding faith? Purifying power? pure of heart? sacred cleansing? no Jotp or enlihtened judgements? again I'm considering that I may be the idiot here and if I am I'm sure someone will set me straight lol.
    agreed.. you arent an idiot here.. its kinda weird to pass a passive haste buff you activate by only judging.. or he doesnt judge the boss? :-\

/cookie

Depends do i get a cookie?

Asking if you're wrong in a forum will automatically mean yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    agreed.. you arent an idiot here.. its kinda weird to pass a passive haste buff you activate by only judging.. or he doesnt judge the boss? :-\

OK so I'm not crazy at least, next part of post was how do I broach the subject with this guy? or should I even bother? I mean I guess if it works for him let it go? The guy outgears me by a mile so who am I to even question his spec much less bring it to his attention right?

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

Depends do i get a cookie?
    only trolls get cookies, good posts get cake!

I take it you're the second paladin, and you're wanting to address the first paladin?

If I've gotten that read right, don't bring it up to him. It's a perfectly valid spec, especially for a guild attempting hard modes. Even if you don't attempt hard modes, it remains a valuable tool in any fight with predictable periods of spiky tank dmg, ie Hodir's Frozen Blows.

spec the other guys specc, simply because your RL is gonna love you for that raidwide absorbed with DI.

nice manapool though. but thats just about it.

you need a boatload of more haste (try reaching 675 , but that will just come with better gear), around 150~ more SP ubuffed. however, it also depends on how you play, if you just flash of light more with a little HS thrown in, or if you HL until around 50% mana and then either throw in a DP or stat meleeing the boss with JoW.

however, most of the time i have found out that a good mix between HL and HS does the job in 10mans, and some HL spam does it in 25mans.

here is my paladin alt that i will be working on in around 2 weeks when im back from "vacation" , so please ignore the terrible gems, the terrible enchants and the kind of subpar gear..

10+ Year Old Account

i thought the post was funny =p...LEAVE THE POOR TROLLS ITS NOT THEIR FAULT THEY ARE LOST!!!!!!!!!!
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Second guy could put 5 points in the tier 1 Healing talent in Protection instead. Instead of the 15% Run speed and the 3% crit in retri talent.

The first guy is pretty much hard mode talentet. Though he do need the 15% haste buff from Judge >.>

Arena Master and LK10HC realm first.
    Plougløl - Skullcrusher 85 Elemental Shaman

Deleted

EDIT: he also doesnt have 1 second flashes because of JOTP, his haste is actually lower because he doesnt have th %15 talented haste
    Yea I failed to notice that, the first guy Holy spec is weird, with the cleansing and whatnot, if he'd gone into JotP and Enlighted Judgements it would clearly be better.

I notice that neither of you have Aura Mastery, it's amazing on fights like Hodir, Frost Res + Aura Mastery in the frozen blows or whatever it's called, makes damage so minimal compared to what it is without.

I cant help you with spec but I will offer an approach. BTW who is doing better raid heals?

If you approach him with this is wrong that is wrong he will go defensive. I would start by saying I was looking at your spec and was wondering why you chose this? Use facts when discussing disagreements. If you don't feel comfortable discussing directly with him. Post on your guild forums about where and why you reached your spec determinations. People can still disregard facts but at least is saves you from arguing and saving your face. (want evidence of people disregarding facts look at the Hunter Forums).

I would recommend the Forum plan unless you have some type of relationship with him or he will just go defensive and it will get ugly. Also do you have a group chat for your Pallies i.e. /join guildname Pally then you can start to chat with just him without calling him out in public.
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

By "team player" do you mean that you bend over first? Just asking.

15+ Year Old Account

/cookie

Grats on not knowing how terrible this guy is and having to come on here to ask if he is bad or if you are bad. The real answer is both considering you couldn't figure it out on your own. Lets see what gave it away.

1. He is the only holy paladin in Wrath with under 20k mana.
    2. His spec looks like he closed his eyes and started clicking.
    3. I've never seen that many Mp5 gems on any paladin ever.
    4. Mp5 Chest enchant? LOL
    5. Resilience shoulder enchant? LOL
    6. The kicker for me...450 JC and not a single JC gem? LOOOOOOOOOOOL and LOOOOOOOOOOL

Also, this isn't Dr. Phil's website. We aren't here to give advice on "how to approach people" so that they don't get butthurt about being terrible. Grab ahold of your sac and confront him about it.

I'm the troll...go do some research before you waste another 30 seconds of someones life for having to read this thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ploug
    Second guy could put 5 points in the tier 1 Healing talent in Protection instead. Instead of the 15% Run speed and the 3% crit in retri talent.

The first guy is pretty much hard mode talentet. Though he do need the 15% haste buff from Judge >.>
    Hard mode talented?? ROFL

I won't even check the achievements and I can tell you now that he hasn't done a single difficult hard mode and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiti
    Yea I failed to notice that, the first guy Holy spec is weird, with the cleansing and whatnot, if he'd gone into JotP and Enlighted Judgements it would clearly be better.

I notice that neither of you have Aura Mastery, it's amazing on fights like Hodir, Frost Res + Aura Mastery in the frozen blows or whatever it's called, makes damage so minimal compared to what it is without.
    I've considered aura mastery on many occasions but it seems very situational not much more than hodir and pvp that can I find for it.