Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: World First - Pet Tanks Hodir

Oh god it hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Heh even tho its not world first gratz anyway! How does it work tho, i thought you needed insane dps there so how is it done on agro?

To all you basterds out there talking about UI...dont insult unless you can posts yours so we can give it a good analyze.
    The problem is, I can barely tell what's going on in the pic. Do hope the vid the OP mentioned comes up soon. As of right now, I can barely see the gorilla in front of Hodir and tell that it's a tank(I'd normally think he was just up their dpsing....)

Here's a SS from Durante himself.

As of right now, I can barely see the gorilla in front of Hodir and tell that it's a tank(I'd normally think he was just up their dpsing....)
    I looked at the pic, and even if it wasn't my own UI I was looking at I'd be able to tell that Hodir had the pet targeted, the pet was in front of him (not behind him, like DPS pets are), and the pet was at the top of the Agro list on Omen.

Yeah, I understand my UI isn't OMG PRETTY to you guys. That's your problem, not mine. :/

And again, this is not about my UI. If you have a problem with it, PM me. Don't clutter this up with replies about how it 'hurts your eyes' or whatever. This is about Bubbles and Durante.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt
    Do hope the vid the OP mentioned comes up soon. As of right now, I can barely see the gorilla in front of Hodir and tell that it's a tank(I'd normally think he was just up their dpsing....)
    I hope the video is done from a different perspective all together... otherwise that'd just be one long video where you can see nothing.

Also, @person who said to post your UI before calling his bad. I put mine in my sig just for you ( and because I've been meaning to forever >.> )

the only reason dps is so low for that fight is because everyone had to stop dps to let the pet keep aggro. the damage was due to DoTs and a few casts, but we werent making it a dps race. It was just for fun.

i like Durante UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Stop trolling and insulting his UI.. Even though I also think its horrible >.>

Nonetheless, Its about our huntard tank and his pet. :3

Awesome job guys! Video will be up soon, our hunter tank is currently editing it right now.

Will be up on Youtube, Warcraft Movies... and I probably guess other Video hosting sites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrominion
    the only reason dps is so low for that fight is because everyone had to stop dps to let the pet keep aggro. the damage was due to DoTs and a few casts, but we werent making it a dps race. It was just for fun.
    At least I'm not the only person who's played this game before.

10+ Year Old Account

Did the pet tank all 100% or just taunt after ur tank died?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    Did the pet tank all 100% or just taunt after ur tank died?
    Pet taunt is not real taunt so it must be from the beginning.

GZ!
    Guys when saying his UI sux try to be more precise, honestly your ui m8 dont sux so much but it would be nice that you filter your SCT/Parrot/MSB combat infos that way youll have more clear view on what happenning.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    Pet taunt is not real taunt so it must be from the beginning.
    If it is not a taunt then what is it?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53477

i don't use defensive pets, do u mean it doesn't put u on top aggro? as in the target just attacks the pet, regardless of threat.

-huangzhong9

Pet taunts just add threat, they don't actually taunt like a real PC taunt does.

Anyway...Video, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHzz...eature=channel

I am sorry but max dps 4k on hodir 25 man??? Rofl it doesnt matter how bad you are the buffs that you get during the fight are amazing beyond proportions so you suck. Seriously 4k?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    I am sorry but max dps 4k on hodir 25 man??? Rofl it doesnt matter how bad you are the buffs that you get during the fight are amazing beyond proportions so you suck. Seriously 4k?
    i think they all just sat there auto attacking, just so the pet could stay on top of aggro.

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stelaris
    Pet taunts just add threat, they don't actually taunt like a real PC taunt does.

Anyway...Video, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHzz...eature=channel
    Oh but they can !, defensive pets gets a real taunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Alosina
    what if, Arthas stole Uther's Sword (Hammer of Ligherbringer) back from The Order of the Silver Hand

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex
    i wouldn't be bragging about your group doing 4k on hodir. my eyes are bleeding.

edit: typo >.<
    Cool raid frames bro

10+ Year Old Account

To all you attention craving kids, this aint about their fucking DPS, this is about a pet tanking hodir theres no need for your pathetic "fuck me only 4k dps lol" comments..

Geez..
    Quote Originally Posted by Alosina
    what if, Arthas stole Uther's Sword (Hammer of Ligherbringer) back from The Order of the Silver Hand

Grats! nerf hunters!!1111 nahhh.
    How should i say this politely... YOUR UI IS FUCKING ANNOYING.
    Alt-Z is your friend.

if you dont get hard mode loot you fail
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.arygos.kentukyfried#inventory
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison