Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: World First - Pet Tanks Hodir

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    Cool raid frames bro
    First of all i dont use raid frames when i raid on my enhanc shammy, why? Cause even tho i can heal i cant really save someone so why would i see there health/mana. And for a rogue its completly useless with raidframes, the only thing you need is a /focus on the tank if you need to to TotT. I can see why a retri paladin would use raidframes due alot and alot of saves.

And ontopic nicely done, we tried it with a VW but failed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex
    i wouldn't be bragging about your group doing 4k on hodir. my eyes are bleeding.

edit: typo >.<
    nice UI. any1 know what it is? his or Durante's, since theyre similar. I really like em.
    Your unfriendly neighborhood cynical douche-bag rogue, at your service.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Abrown

Quote Originally Posted by Stelaris
    It was something fun to do on a night where we were getting plagued with DCs. Who cares if our DPS had to hold back? Not us. And who cares if people are dead? Again, not us.
    I'm glad you defended yourself on this. And on the ui thing. Who cares about someone else's UI? If you like a UI..use it. If not...don't.

I posted a funny in game picture a while ago and the first comment was criticizing my screen res. Then it quickly devolved into an argument about wow's graphics in general. Lotta misdirected nerd rage out there. Keep having fun and keep posting!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    If it is not a taunt then what is it?

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53477

i don't use defensive pets, do u mean it doesn't put u on top aggro? as in the target just attacks the pet, regardless of threat.
    I believe what he meant was that Pet taunts were made to be unusable on bosses, as part of the 3.1 patch:

(From the 3.1 patch notes

Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category. In addition, Taunt-type effects from pets and from classes other than death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior have been set such that bosses can be made immune to them while still affected by death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior taunts.

That change was made presumably to prevent raid bosses from being tanked by pets, as well as allowing the use of Army of the Dead on raid bosses without the risk of wipes due to their previous behaviors of taunting on raid bosses, mainly ones with tail swipes or cleaves.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by idototems
    First of all i dont use raid frames when i raid on my enhanc shammy, why? Cause even tho i can heal i cant really save someone so why would i see there health/mana. And for a rogue its completly useless with raidframes, the only thing you need is a /focus on the tank if you need to to TotT. I can see why a retri paladin would use raidframes due alot and alot of saves.

And ontopic nicely done, we tried it with a VW but failed ^^
    Yes, I'm sure it would hurt if you'd have the ability to help out with a cure toxins when needed or just generally being more aware to what's happening to your raid. But at least you don't have to clutter your UI up with crap like that - leaves more room for your recount so you can make yourself feel better.

Oh and don't let me get started on the usefulness of PARTY FRAMES in a raid (you know x-perl allows you to disable these automatically in favour of raid frames when you join a raid group right?)

i have to say this is quite impressive, idk how u did it but thats awesome but to all u haters out there... it doesnt really matter what ur UI looks like as long as u do ur job :P

Jeeze Stel lrn2UI

my brother is on that server. if you ever see an alliance lock named Lestrange, give him a /wave.
    good job on the kill too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    I believe what he meant was that Pet taunts were made to be unusable on bosses, as part of the 3.1 patch:

(From the 3.1 patch notes

Taunts: All player or pet-generated taunts now have a shared diminish category. In addition, Taunt-type effects from pets and from classes other than death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior have been set such that bosses can be made immune to them while still affected by death knight, druid, paladin, and warrior taunts.

That change was made presumably to prevent raid bosses from being tanked by pets, as well as allowing the use of Army of the Dead on raid bosses without the risk of wipes due to their previous behaviors of taunting on raid bosses, mainly ones with tail swipes or cleaves.
    Wrong, that means that non tank class taunts will not override a tank class taunt while the mob in question is under the taunts effect.

A pet can still taunt off a normal tank.

Gratz, pretty impressive.

I don't know if you'll read this OP but I think the video was really cool and it just shows that some people are about having fun with the game, not about min/max epeen stroking. Anyways TotT doesn't work on hunter pets, but if you put TotT on the hunter, tranfersing some rogue threat to the hunter, then using MD, would that transfer rogue threat to hunter then to pet? If that makes sense... Lots of transfers of threat I know.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

MY EYEEEESSSSSSSS

standard pet "taunt" its the ability all pets get.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61676

the talented "taunt"
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53477
    witch is on a 3 min CD

take a good look at the two different abilities

... i wish i hadn't loaded this topic... oh god at that animated gif

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty neat and grats to a cool kill for some fun.

For those people waxing on hate about a worthless kill, just chill people, these people are just wanting to show what they did that isn't of the normal. Yes, this type of thing has been done (pet tanking boss to be clear on the point) but it's still not quite an easy feat. Yes, it would be amazing if it led into a hardmode kill with a hunter pet leading the tanking force for it but is still no reason to drag this down.

Again, grats on Bubbles big steps to tanking Ulduar. I hope that he did well later on for the instance for the night.
    :3

10+ Year Old Account

yay for who ever removed that damn GiF with the Jar >.> realll sickening
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I had planned on not posting in this thread, but I thought I'd clear up a little confusion.

The talented Tenacity pet taunt does work as a fully functional taunt in most circumstances. However, since the patch that introduced the diminishing returns on taunt and made DK/Druid/Pally/Warrior taunts override all others, raid bosses have been immune to the talented pet taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulos01
    Aint all world firsts insignificant?
    a world first on first attempt wouldnt be
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.

You should have entitled this...

World First: Award Given for Worst UI

My god, how do you even see the freaking screen with that UI.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles00
    Get rid of xperl.
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with xperl if you customize it right. If you understand how to slim it down its not only the best ui frames out there, but it also takes the least amount of resources.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.