Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    indeed, this is true

You can't just report a thread because it's about Rift
    what if its in the wrong section,because i seem to see alot of posts about other mmos and stuff in the world of warcraft(key word world of warcraft)general discussion

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you're always welcome to report things which are in the wrong section. It's also helpful to us to make a note of that in the reporting reason section.

Deleted
    Each infraction has a fixed amount of points. There's fixed thresholds causing bans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plus, the infractions naturally degrade over time -- the points from most infractions expire after 3 months, and it's back to a clean slate.

It's actually pretty difficult to get a permaban, unless there are some major infractions involved.

While it is easy to tell, what in general is against the forum guidelines, there are far too many posts to report every single one, that might only slightly be against them, but also many, where it is easy to tell that it doesn't belong on the forums.

Deleted
    You can also report a single post, and then in the attached message say something along the lines of "also see posts #X, #Y, #Z" or "also see other posts by this user".

Could we get a feature to report abusive moderation or rate mods that we know are in threads that are not handling trolls correctly? this would help out the site alot.
    Last edited by BloodVengeance; 2011-05-07 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Complaints about moderation should be directed to a super mod or an admin (Sunshine is your best bet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodVengeance View Post
    Could we get a feature to report abusive moderation or rate mods that we know are in threads that are not handling trolls correctly, this would help out the site alot.
    That feature you want is sending a PM to Sunshine or Boubouille for problems you have with moderation.

This crazy fad that's been going on lately, just quoting threads and writing nothing of value kind of in the same sense as 'QFT'ing, annoys me greatly.

Since my search function doesn't work, I'll post it here. Perhaps post in this thread how you can have your thread title changed as you can't do it yourself. Reporting is only for so much to be used .

With a non working search function. Search "how to change thread name", getting "Panadaren VS Dreadlords", "Fun stuff", "Do you want Panadaran in the next expansion", etc anything not related to my search at least ;p. Tried it with " and without, just gives same hits.
    Last edited by Ayarea; 2011-08-27 at 08:15 AM.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Just to have it said - the screenshots aint workin.

Fixed the screenshots and link to the Forum Guidelines.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I'm new member here. I just want to suggest putting 1 main thread where you put "Forum rules" and "Q and A thread concerning bout forum rules"
    Last edited by gigogamer; 2012-04-07 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    No idea where I should post this but why is religious topics forbidden?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    No idea where I should post this but why is religious topics forbidden?
    As far as I'm aware, the GenOT mods tried allowing it once, and it didn't work out. Religion is simply a topic where people easily take statements the wrong way and get offended. Keeping such a thread constructive would be an enormous task, and we don't really think dedicating a whole mod team the size of the current one to these threads is worth it.

<Note: Post made from personal, anecdotal experience. Post reflects my personal view, not the view of the moderation team. Post may contain slight exaggeration.>

Deleted
    Dunno if this is where I should ask this question, but anyway..

How many posts do I have to post before being able to post links? Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanjin View Post
    Dunno if this is where I should ask this question, but anyway..

How many posts do I have to post before being able to post links? Sucks!
    iirc it's like 10 or 20, something down there really low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    iirc it's like 10 or 20, something down there really low.
    Just found it in another thread, it's 10. But thanks anyway!