New Paladin Healing Utility (Glyph of Consecration)

Glyph of Consecration- Consecrates the land beneath the Paladin, doing [8 * (87 + 0.04 * SPH + 0.04 * AP)] healing over 8 sec to allies who enter the area.

This would be a major glyph and gives paladins a unique healing spell that should not be OP. Due to its high mana cost I see it only being used in encounters, such as Hodir, where everyone has to stack up, and this would be a very benificial spell. Just a new idea, if i could get thoughts about it, hopefully constructive criticism etc, it would be appreciated

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Paladin Healing Utility (Glyph of Consecration)

New, exciting, original.

/sarcasm

Still vote for a yes.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

i don't want healing allies!!!

healing horde would be better
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

As you've said, but may not have realised it, but it is very situational
    Through out Ulduar, I can think of two fights where this would be useful, crazy cat lady and Hodir
    I would rather use my current glyphs, to be perfectly honest.

This has been suggested literally hundreds of times before. It's a meh idea at best.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

it sounds good, although if you take the glyph the old spell will be ONLY healing and no dmg, sucks for dual specced retri/holy
    [/img]

[/img]

Atm there is glyph of consecration but i would vote for this version also.
    Btw, before beta wotlk blizzard made post where paladins can put some suggestions, 2 good suggestion was made about consecration: 1) it become some sort of aoe heal 2)ceonsecration would make some sort of cc/snare if enemy enter on that.
    It all finished with sry guys for 1) suggestion not possible and for suggestion 2) its good idea but whata hell will give that to dks

Quote Originally Posted by Morphlord
    it sounds good, although if you take the glyph the old spell will be ONLY healing and no dmg, sucks for dual specced retri/holy
    you do realize that your glyphs change with your talent specs for dual spec right?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphlord
    Glyphs change for dual spec so it wouldnt change concecrate for your ret setup at all.

15+ Year Old Account

a little ot but how about:

Glyph of Vengeful Consecration

As long as Seal of Vengence/Seal of Corruption is active, each time your consecration spell does damage, there is a 10 (or so)% chance to apply one Seal of Vengence/Seal of Corruption Debuff to your enemy.

ahh i honestly hadn't seen this suggested before, maybe cause i hate the official forums lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    a little ot but how about:

Glyph of Vengeful Consecration

As long as Seal of Vengence/Seal of Corruption is active, each time your consecration spell does damage, there is a 10 (or so)% chance to apply one Seal of Vengence/Seal of Corruption Debuff to your enemy.
    Completely insignificant on bosses, and probably too slow on aoe, which would make any other Glyph better than this one ~

As someone said, this is too situonatial that its totally useless.

Better would be aoe instant heal for XX with some average CD (like 15-45sec) which would be casted like warlocks boom-stun spell, or mages aoe without channeling. Range would be pretty big, like green stuff on ground on Iron council.

The point is that this spell would be strong enough to be better than few secs of HL spam on these peoples. It could also leave 100% hot on the target while glyphed..

It would be too situational, but the longer cd and great manacost/healing/casttime would satisfy it.

Few examples where this could be used: Iron council when green stuff apears, KT frozing way too much melees, any fire or something like that that lands into players with aoe effect.. Hodir, thorim - arena is not that big, freya while small addies are bombimg.

+ it would be nice melee-healing spell, on any aoedmg.

The trick to making this work. Remove the damage component, double the radius. Suddenly, it provides a 32yd diameter healing field vs 16yd. You can glyph it to last 10seconds for X amount of healing if you wanted to keep that glyph active.

And yes, this has been requested since Vanilla when the ability showed up.
    80 Paladin (x2), 80 Shaman (x3), 80 Rogue (x2), 80 Mage, 80 Death Knight, 80 Priest, 80 Warrior, 80 Hunter