Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: think well ever get a new demon

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    What we WILL get are new demon pet skins.
    About time.
    My doomguard used to be referred to as Mister Rapeface.

one demo i would like to see is Demon Hound... http://www.wowwiki.com/Darkhound

this pet would be specificaly designed for "tracking" so you can find them better

This will be able to show you where people are located.

possible skills

Reduces Evaision / dodge
    Reduces Armor / Strenght
    Reduces Cast Times on target

Buff that will be used when pet is summoned

Increases Haste / Crit

ur new demon is the flying mount they talked about in your q&a

WTB incubus. Yes I am female and actually want to see an attractive male toon ingame, attractive as in not looking like a pink monkey, a gender confused belf or a square headed human. And he has to dance.

I think that they should make the Doomguard and Infernals standard minions with no CD on summon, and make the 60 CD Ritual summon something like a Pitlord, a Beholder, or an Eredar Warlock. I know it would be OP, but hey, they've made OP things work before without sacrificing too much of the cool factor. 8)

'And you give the plague to your healers. Who are standing waiting for it. Because they love you. Love also being a kind of plague.' - Raid Leader describing the tacts for PP 25 HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Elficidium
    The infernal is a huge dps boost compared to your succubus as affli and should be used every cooldown. Same with Doomguard.
    And it's hard to take people seriously that propose straight buffing them or say that they suck.

Maybe if you learnt to use all of your demons, you wouldn't ask for more of them.
    You quoted someone who wasn't a warlock. Fail number one. Then you go on to talk as if Infernals have always been bound when summoned. Another fail. Its hard enough getting people to click a summoning stone or a soulwell let alone getting them to summon a demon every half hour that lasts 60 seconds. So tbh I don't think the quality of the warlock is whats in doubt, more like meaningless wankery from elitistjerks again.

PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    You quoted someone who wasn't a warlock. Fail number one. Then you go on to talk as if Infernals have always been bound when summoned. Another fail. Its hard enough getting people to click a summoning stone or a soulwell let alone getting them to summon a demon every half hour that lasts 60 seconds. So tbh I don't think the quality of the warlock is whats in doubt, more like meaningless wankery from elitistjerks again.
    You seem to be confusing the Infernal with the Doomguard. Infernal lasts 1min and can be summoned at will. Doomguard requires a ritual. The whole point of the infernal is that you summon him near the end of the fight to avoid pet-downtime.

If you're in a serious raiding guild getting rituals done is never a problem.

And Elitist Jerks is very valuable resource for people who are trying to get the best dps possible. Your doomguard is up half the time and does pretty sick damage. Using it every CD is not wankery, it's common sense.

Edit to adress some of my Fails:
    I quoted someone in the interest of providing him some information and updating him on how warlocks work. Don't see what's fail about that. or are you not allowed to quote non-locks on the lock forums?
    Oh yeah and, uhm, sorry, I only started playing after wrath. I suppose that's fail. Or something.

I dont think we need another demon but I think some of them are very flawed and could use a buff/nerf.

Also I would love some updated model ofc this should be after ghostwolf and the rest of druid forms but hunters get so many cool models and im still looking at the same fellpuppy :P

A new demon isn't really necessary and there is already a demon for pretty much every role. What i would like to see is customizable demons for demonology warlocks, like the new druid forms, but this should be only for demo locks to make them actually different than other locks. There could be a talent that is at the end tiers of Demonology which makes you get both new spells and a special armor/look for your pet.

I don't want new skinns. I think it wouldn't feel like my old pet if they redesigned him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by mattis
    lets see....
    new demon = more work for blizzard, hmmm.... i don't see that happening, since its too much for blizzard to handle :P
    /thread
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

Highly doubt it, we already got what we need. Couldn't imagine what other roles there could be except a healer which is obviously, OP and probably not even that great cuz we kill things so quick anyway.

nope
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

a ghoul that can heal

With my Lock coming up to outland I really want to see Beholders(http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=29316#modelviewer) as flying mounts, throw a new skin and a saddle on that puppy and thats one badass flying mount better than any stupid dragon.

Besides flying mounts I dont see any new demons coming to our action bars, they will probably update the graphics of the demons so look forward to prettier pets.

Hunters get three different classes of pets as far as their talents go, Tenacity, Ferocity and Cunning. Though each of the individual tamable groups do have unique abilities which differentiate each of them, such as Bats and Birds of Prey while still being of the Cunning Class, have the Sonic Burst and Snatch abilities which make them different.

Unfortunately the only customization we have is through glyphs, when hunters get the more flexible option of separate talent trees which imo is something we need.

As stated, we do already have one for each role that we are likely to require them for so a new one is unlikely as we would have seen one by now, but yes they could do with some degree of buffing in particular the infernal since it does see very little use and I see myself using the doomguard very little due to the five people needed to summon it, even in a pve setting since it is usually more of a rush.

Can't really see us getting a class specific flying mount as much as I like the idea, we are already two mounts up on most classes towards the achievements and I cannot see that being added to, unless each class got such an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Hunters get three different classes of pets as far as their talents go, Tenacity, Ferocity and Cunning. Though each of the individual tamable groups do have unique abilities which differentiate each of them, such as Bats and Birds of Prey while still being of the Cunning Class, have the Sonic Burst and Snatch abilities which make them different.

Unfortunately the only customization we have is through glyphs, when hunters get the more flexible option of separate talent trees which imo is something we need.

As stated, we do already have one for each role that we are likely to require them for so a new one is unlikely as we would have seen one by now, but yes they could do with some degree of buffing in particular the infernal since it does see very little use and I see myself using the doomguard very little due to the five people needed to summon it, even in a pve setting since it is usually more of a rush.

Can't really see us getting a class specific flying mount as much as I like the idea, we are already two mounts up on most classes towards the achievements and I cannot see that being added to, unless each class got such an option.
    I totally agree with you on warlock pet customization. For at least demonology. That spec is suposed to be master of demons. Yet they get another pet that is suposed to be better. Yet while it does to more damage, it is not better. It cannot CC like the succy, or counterspell and get rid of buffs like the fellhunter. It has just a charge stun and damage.

Its rather pathetic. They realy need to go into a pet direction with deamonology and get somthing interesting into that tree. It realy is a sad spec that was giving a few cooldowns just to make it "ok".
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

You cant really compare hunter pets to warlock pets.

The logic (and maybe lore) behind their pet mechaincs are completely different.

A hunter choses a base class of pet (bear, bird, cat, turtle etc) for certain abilities, TAMES this pet, and then trains it for specific skills / abilities. Hence the pet talent trees. This is meant to be a reflection of the bond between trainer and pet.

A warlock on the other hand, summons his pet wholesale out of the Nether, and gets the end result as a complete package. The major difference here is that as a demonology lock, your talent choices are supposed to indicate your "increased understanding / power of command over demons" allowing you to summon stronger versions of the same demon type a normal warlock summons, and giving you access to a new type. This is why your pets hit harder, seduce longer, tank better, or whatever. Not because you trained them better, but because you, so to speak, summoned a stronger then normal one.

gimme giant floating eyeball that shoots pew pew lasers plox... in all seriousness, make it a buff version of the imp, damage wise but more mirco management etc while losing out on bloodpact. i would love to see it have a move where it channels a beam from itself to you empowering us so to speak. maybe call it something like Fel eye beam infusion and make it increase damage output of the lock via a unique medium (Ie not haste, damage percent%, or crit but maybe restore us our shards? idk logistics can be worked out) and make us all big and red and make our fire spell green :O, give it a 3 minute cooldown and require LoS from the pet to lock.

for his damage, make him do damage via a similar medium to the old envenom from tbc, he does a fire bolt, similar to immolate that does DD and gives it a debuff. Then make it have a finisher that consumes the stacks places a large DoT on the target. Also give it back the old paranoia plz it has like 20 eyes it fits ...

i would love this pet :O

inb4 this makes no sense due to lore and <insert random quote taken out of context>

I would like options for how your demons look...

Voidwalker: 1, 2, 3

Imp: 1, 2, lots more I don't feel like listing

Succubus: 1, 2, 3

Felhunter: No re-skins that I know of... would be easy to do though.

Felguard: 1, 2, 3, 4

Doomguard: 1

Infernal: Snazzy