Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

think well ever get a new demon

u guys think blizzard will ever give us a new demon pet id love to see a skelton as a demon pet

Re: think well ever get a new demon

Undead as a Demon pet...

Hello?
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

Brudish

a skeleton is not a demon :S

I kinda doubt they will add a new demon any time soon. Wouldn't even know which role a new demon should take.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

Deleted

... And what role should this fcuking demon have? You already got 5 demons type :s

I imagine you will get a new demon about the same time as Druids get a new primary shapeshift form.

You already have:
    Tank Demon - Voidwalker
    squishy DPS / Buff Demon - Imp
    squishy DPS / CC demon - Succubus
    squishy DPS / Debuff demon - Felhound
    tough DPS demon - Felguard (talented)
    tough DPS demon - Doomguard (special)
    largely useless fluff demon - Infernal (special)

About the only other thing they could give you is a Heal demon, and somehow i just dont see that happening.

They should rather fix the demons which are allready there.
    Fel hunter - needs a damage buff, so its the best affliction pet in pve. Devour magic could use 1-2 seconds of devour magic.
    Void walker: For soloing shit and 1v1 against meeles. Fine in my opinion.
    Imp: Good for destruction in pve, however imp should get no damage while in phaseshift.
    Succubus: needs desperatly a larger manapool, goes oom after like 6 seduces. Will still be a shit pet for most situations, so rework it or let it be shit.
    Felguard: In PvP too weak for a 41 point talent. A pummel for him would be nice. Also demonic pact needs to procc when a critical strike got avoided by resilience.
    Doomguard: Good dps boost for affliction, but needs reduced cooldown.
    Infernal: WAYYYY too weak for the fact its a 20 minute cooldown and only stays for 1 minute. Minor dps boost, even if is timed perfectly in pve. In pvp it needs some ultity.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crashie
    ... And what role should this fcuking demon have? You already got 5 demons type :s
    And what kind of roles does each Hunter pet have?
    Honestly, Blizzard might just make Warlock leveling unlock "roles", but at the same time, you might be able to permanently enslave any one kind of demon in the whole WoW.

Roles - no different than Hunter pet Ferocity/Cunning/Tenacity distinctions:

Imp - Small Pew Pew
    Voidwalker - Tank
    Succubus - CC
    Felhunter - Utility
    Felguard - Big Mofo
    Infernal - Trinket - Should see more practical use
    Doomguard - Trinket - Should see more practical use

Then each different demon could have a signature ability.

Alternative Demons:

Imp - Those eyeballs, etc
    Voidwalker - "Lanterned" Voidwalker http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=9972#s...hots:id=135386
    Succubus - Eredar Female? Satyr? Deathwhisperer? http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=19299
    Felhunter - Bloodhound http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=8921
    Felguard - Wrathguys in Hellfire Peninsula (dual wielders that make a path of flame in front of them)

All these color flavour, slight model differences, etc, even among similar models.

Not much imagination needed.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitist Jerks Affliction Topic
    Pets
    DPS: Infernal > Doomguard > Succubus> Fel Hunter > Imp
    The infernal is a huge dps boost compared to your succubus as affli and should be used every cooldown. Same with Doomguard.
    And it's hard to take people seriously that propose straight buffing them or say that they suck.

Maybe if you learnt to use all of your demons, you wouldn't ask for more of them.

There's a possible niche for an AoE demon, maybe a satyr casting rain of fire. Would probably have to be demo only though.

I imagine you will get a new demon about the same time as Druids get a new primary shapeshift form.

You already have:
    Tank Demon - Voidwalker
    squishy DPS / Buff Demon - Imp
    squishy DPS / CC demon - Succubus
    squishy DPS / Debuff demon - Felhound
    tough DPS demon - Felguard (talented)
    tough DPS demon - Doomguard (special)

About the only other thing they could give you is a Heal demon, and somehow i just dont see that happening.
    Hmm now lets list all the hunter pets available....

no wait, the list is too big, cba

10+ Year Old Account

Hunters and Warlocks are completely different classes, the fact they have dozens of available pets is irrelevant. Hunter's pets are just for dps, while our pets have multiple roles (some give buffs, cc, dispel, shields). We don't really need new pets for any specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashie
    Indeed.
    We already have 1 demon for each situation. The new demo would either be OP or useless.

I woud love if they gave warlocks the wc3 spell chaosrain 6infernos droping from the rain attacking everything.
    like army of death from dks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elficidium
    The infernal is a huge dps boost compared to your succubus as affli and should be used every cooldown. Same with Doomguard.
    And it's hard to take people seriously that propose straight buffing them or say that they suck.

Maybe if you learnt to use all of your demons, you wouldn't ask for more of them.
    Wait, they actually TELL you to use your infernal EVERY cooldown? WTH. In pretty much all of my 4+ years playing WoW, I can not recall EVER seeing a warlock DELIBERATELY break out an infernal during a boss fight. EVER.

99.99% of the time I ever see an infernal is when some warlock is bored, and wants to let one Rampage around Crossroads or the AH ganking lowbies.

Wait, they actually TELL you to use your infernal EVERY cooldown? WTH. In pretty much all of my 4+ years playing WoW, I can not recall EVER seeing a warlock DELIBERATELY break out an infernal during a boss fight. EVER.

99.99% of the time I ever see an infernal is when some warlock is bored, and wants to let one Rampage around Crossroads or the AH ganking lowbies.
    Then you've never played with a decent Affliction warlock.
    And there's the fact that they come pre-enslaved and despawn when their time is up.

just to back up my statement a tad
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitist Jerks Dots and you: "The Affliction Warlock Thread "
    The Doomguard and Infernal are not jokes anymore but a heavy dps increase: The Doomguard can be summoned without anyone dying now, simply despawns instead of running around killing people, and does impressive dps.
    However, it takes 15s and 5 people to summon him and you can summon him only once every 30 minutes. He despawns after 15 minutes. When the cooldown is ready, this pet should be your first choice.

The Infernal does even more damage. The summon itself stuns enemies, so you could even help out critical aoe situations with this. It disappears after 60s, so the best point to summon it is 60s before a fight ends (to minimize the time without pet). It also does not need to be enslaved anymore and will not run around killing your raid members whatever happens. It also has a high cooldown (30 minutes).
    Edit for typo.

I'd rather see warlocks being able to permanently enslave demons, not to gain their abilities, just for the look. You should only be able to enslave those of the imp, void walker, succubus, felpuppy, felguard, infernal(maybe?) and doomguard(haven't seen them) type.

This would give us the ability to "tame" and choose the look of our demons and in one way give back the "change name" script.

Hunters can choose the look for their pet by taming the pet of their choice, I don't see why we warlocks shouldn't be able to enslave the demon of our choice. Hunters still got their talents for their pets, which is a good way to seperate warlock and hunter as unique pet classes.

Their are alot of demon mobs in the game, why not allow us warlocks to enslave them?

WTB Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Probably not in Cataclysm. Blizzard has been working hard to give the demons we already have a niche so they each have a use. Something more specific than affliction warlocks dps with the felhunter, demo locks dps with the felguard, destruction locks dps with the imp.

They're already making huge changes via the soul shard system and taking all the passive talents out of the talent trees.

I could see giving some of the current demons getting new abilities though. A disarm for the voidwalker, a pushback for the imp, an immobilize/snare for the felguard.

15+ Year Old Account

wtb interchangable abilities for the current pets we have, or a demon pet talent tree.

Demonology should be more about having a demon at all times and being able to get your demon back with little to no consequence, not buffing your demon. All trees should get that.

What we WILL get are new demon pet skins.

R.I.P. YARG