Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Missingbone

Why warlocks do not have any interrupts?

Hello people,
    i am new in the mmo-champion forum and i would like to start with this question: what do you think about giving warlocks an interrupt effect? Even something with a long CD would be fine.
    I know that we have a pet with a spell-lock ability but nowadays felhunter is rarely used, or not?
    What do you think about?

Thx everyone ^^

Re: Why warlocks do not have any interrupts?

Fear and death coil count as interrupts, as well as fel hunters spell lock and succubi charm.
    And then there's the aoe stun.

Seriously, how many more do you NEED?

First its some noob wining about hunters... hunters need stuns and heals! and now this? srsly gtfo LOCKS ARE FINE
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Fear and death coil count as interrupts, as well as fel hunters spell lock and succubi charm.

Obvious troll post.

Missingbone

Well, ty very much for the nice welcome, really a nice community here...
    About the interrupts, i was thinking about something usable in heroics and raids against bosses or big trash.
    Are you all using fear and death coil on heroic bosses as interrupts? i dont think so...
    Something like Kick from rogues, counterspell for mages, something usable out of PvP.
    And btw, i am not whining, i am just asking other people opinion but it seems that here posts only people "who knows everything for everyone".

Warlocks have everything they need already. They don't need another interupt. It's people like you who makes blizzard give all abilities to all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

CC doesn't count as interrupt imo.

All tanks have a interrupts they can use to stop a boss from casting a spell.

If you want to interrupt use the felhunter, or let another person do it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Missingbone
    About the interrupts, i was thinking about something usable in heroics and raids against bosses or big trash.
    Are you all using fear and death coil on heroic bosses as interrupts? i dont think so...
    This is when a lock, if needed whips out a fel hunter and uses spell lock. It does work on trash/bosses as long as the spell is interruptable at all.
    The cooldown, while not as short as a warriors pummel/shield bash or a rogues kick for example, is in the ballpark of counterspell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    CC doesn't count as interrupt imo.
    even as a mage i use CC (polymorph) as interrupt when it needed (poly + ice lance/fireblast/arcane ex.) or when i don't want to waste counterspell.

Warlocks have fear - you can fear your enemy for 10/5/2.5 sec. thats enough to cast chaos bolt 3 times and interrupt enemy cast 3 times. can't remember pvp set bonus for lock, but i think it red. cast time of fear (0.2 sec)

15+ Year Old Account

If everyone has interrupts, no one will cast any non-instant spells.

Same goes for dispel - if everyone has it, people without dispel protection are no longer viable.

You can't give all things to all classes. This is how we ended up with Season 6.

R.I.P. YARG

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Sorry but, Warlocks have plenty of interrupts in the form of CC. CC = an improved interrupt imo. Regardless if its dispelled etc, its still interrupting something. Sure there's no spell lock from it but it still gets the job done.

Please stop the World of Homogenicraft.

Hello people,
    i am new in the mmo-champion forum and i would like to start with this question: what do you think about giving warlocks an interrupt effect? Even something with a long CD would be fine.
    I know that we have a pet with a spell-lock ability but nowadays felhunter is rarely used, or not?
    What do you think about?

Thx everyone ^^
    this must be a troll post.

Fear,Curse of Tounges,Howl of Terror,Seduce,Felhunter,deathcoil,shadowfury

For heroics - use your felhunter if you're THAT desperate, and no one else in your group has it.

But other wise, in PVP, you're more than fine.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!

no no lets give locks an "interupt" and give every other class, conflag, so we can instantly crit for 10k.

but as others have said....L2P

Well, ty very much for the nice welcome, really a nice community here...
    Something like Kick from rogues, counterspell for mages, something usable out of PvP.
    And btw, i am not whining, i am just asking other people opinion but it seems that here posts only people "who knows everything for everyone".

The reason locks dont have an interrupts is because of the amount of damage you can dish out in the matter of seconds, an Arcane Mage can do similar
    damage and has counter spell BUT the warlock has a Fel Hunter pet which he can use to silence his enemy for 6 seconds not saying that we can compare the
    two counter spell is on demand and the pet is .... depending on the situation, any way you have more than enough assets to finish off your oponents regardless
    of warlocks having a interrupt or not, Portal to get out of danger, sacrifice from the void walker,seduce from the succubus *which if I may add is a NO BRAINER* I can go
    on for ages, your a glass cannon.

I'd actually rather NOT worry about having to interrupt bosses. It's so nice to just keep DPSing and not get yelled at after a wipe for not interrupting. If you really HAVE to, like others have said, you can use the FH.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    even as a mage i use CC (polymorph) as interrupt when it needed (poly + ice lance/fireblast/arcane ex.) or when i don't want to waste counterspell.

Warlocks have fear - you can fear your enemy for 10/5/2.5 sec. thats enough to cast chaos bolt 3 times and interrupt enemy cast 3 times. can't remember pvp set bonus for lock, but i think it red. cast time of fear (0.2 sec)
    Did you finsh reading his post??
    CC aren't interrupt on raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account

What heroic these days do you really need an interrupt in to win?

Bad thread is bad.

/popcorn enthusiast!

15+ Year Old Account

I already run with a Felhunter on some boss fights to dispel off the tank (IE Steelbreaker Fusion Punch).
    I already save the healers on a regular basis from stray adds.
    I tank Heroics with Demon Armor up.
    I can chain CC in Faction Champions, AOE Fear the lot of them, then spend the rest of the fight kiting due to CC Aggro.

I don't need to also be responsible for interrupting healers. Build a group so you have the right buffs for the bosses, as there still needs to be thinking here. (2 of Shaman, Rogue, Warrior and Death Knight handle this quite well). Showing up with 3 mages and 14 Rogues is not a good way to play.

R.I.P. YARG