Page 1 of 3
LastLast

poor shadow priest

shadow priests have the raw end of the deal.

we don't bring the best dps. there may be a couple fights where do better, like yogg and kol, but the majority of the time, we aren't topping the meters, or even in the top 5 for that matter.

the problem is, other classes that are usually around the same level of dps as us bring valuable buffs to the raid. The only buff a shadow priest is 3%hit with spells. something that a boomkin can bring instead, and something that no one really honestly counts on anyway. most people are hit-capped, so so our buff is useless. other classes that don't do a lot of dps bring things like bloodlust, 5%crit, etc.

even the pures, who are supposed to do 5% more damage than the hybrids are bringing better buffs for the raid than a shadow priest.

can we please have something this would make a raid leader want to bring a shadow priest, besides just being a good player? i want to give something to the raid that will help us in raiding.

Re: poor shadow priest

WE do bring a valuable buff(if you can stay on 1 target)...
    VE

I must agree being a Shadow priest (yes my main) I am frequently asked to heal during some fights, i guess you can count that as being "useful". I hate that and as far as PvP goes it's either disc or nothing. Only time i get to PvP as Shadow is when im in the 2v2 dream team of Shadowplay (for those that dont know thats Shadow priest and Afflic lock combo)

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    WE do bring a valuable buff(if you can stay on 1 target)...
    VE

.........you're kidding right?????

Don't forget about replenishment. in my 10 man group (all casters pretty much) I'm the only spec that can suply it.

Quote Originally Posted by enotsdarb

.........you're kidding right?????
    VE is decent, and no other class has the same mechanics but several do come close(Paladin's DS). It is valuable when learning a fight, it will help with healing, thus lowering the strain on healers, especially on healing intensive fights.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm kind of happy with our current situation in pve tbh, could obv be better but we ain't bad =P

Just curious about our 'nuke' ability in Cata, and how that will change our playstyle if at all, hmm

VE is decent, and no other class has the same mechanics but several do come close(Paladin's DS). It is valuable when learning a fight, it will help with healing, thus lowering the strain on healers, especially on healing intensive fights.
    while doing hardmode IC the other night, i had ve up the entire time, at the end of the fight, i healed a total of around 150k......

far from decent

Hrmm, our spriest is top 5 in just about every fight in our 25 ulduar, and 1-2 in certain fights... How can you complain that spriests dont do enough dps? As for buffs, amazing in 10s, as odds of having a moonkin are low, and same applies for replenishment. As for 25s, still need the replenishment, and honestly, VE is usefull. And whats even better, if you do have a moonkin in your group (You should honestly...) you get an innervate you can use in every fight, wich will actually allow you to increase your dps. I would know playing a moonkin myself, and always innervating my guilds spriest. Spriests are the best targets for receiving innervates, as moonkins dont need it, and every other caster cant do more damage with extra mana, where as the spriest actually can.

spriests pretty much have the same buffing value as every other class/spec, and have higher then average damage. Dont really see why you would complain...

Quote Originally Posted by dreavgona
    Hrmm, our spriest is top 5 in just about every fight in our 25 ulduar, and 1-2 in certain fights... How can you complain that spriests dont do enough dps? As for buffs, amazing in 10s, as odds of having a moonkin are low, and same applies for replenishment. As for 25s, still need the replenishment, and honestly, VE is usefull. And whats even better, if you do have a moonkin in your group (You should honestly...) you get an innervate you can use in every fight, wich will actually allow you to increase your dps. I would know playing a moonkin myself, and always innervating my guilds spriest. Spriests are the best targets for receiving innervates, as moonkins dont need it, and every other caster cant do more damage with extra mana, where as the spriest actually can.

spriests pretty much have the same buffing value as every other class/spec, and have higher then average damage. Dont really see why you would complain...
    join a better guild and play with better players.

i don't know wtf you're talking about with the innervate. shadowpriests shouldn't ever have any mana issues.....EVER.

you're insane if you think our buffs are at par with everyone elses. sure replenishment is nice, but can be brought by multiple other classes.

and i'll repeat about VE, if it is making a difference in your guild being able to down a boss. gtfo and join a better guild.

When people often invite shadow priests to 10 mans they say sweet stamina not sweet replenishment
    while when you ge a shaman it goes like Sweet totems, Sweet Blood Lust/heroism and more depending on spec
    I love my shadow priest I love all my mind spells I love him but I agree we are not the top coince especialy when the inscriptioning buff is comming out wich is unforutunate since I am a scribe and it will be of no use to me
    Only moment VE helps is when you are carring people or soloing
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

The only fight i've ever run oom on as a shadowpreist is Yogg25 and yogg+1 (10) because i was healing in the brain room. Dispersion + shadowfiend and i'm fine on mana for any amount of time. Shadowpriest do really well in fights with multiple targets or AoE imo. Yogg, freya, mimiron p4 i'm usually up there on the meters.

join a better guild and play with better players.

i don't know wtf you're talking about with the innervate. shadowpriests shouldn't ever have any mana issues.....EVER.

you're insane if you think our buffs are at par with everyone elses. sure replenishment is nice, but can be brought by multiple other classes.

and i'll repeat about VE, if it is making a difference in your guild being able to down a boss. gtfo and join a better guild.
    First things first. Spriest DO have mana issues since the patch changes if you like to admit it or not. And if you dont run out of mana you must have little to no haste. And the only way i could realize that innervate would be a buff is if it was a buff to spirit. But if im correct then it increases mp5

while doing hardmode IC the other night, i had ve up the entire time, at the end of the fight, i healed a total of around 150k......

far from decent
    The problem with VE is that it can, and probably will be, over heal if you're healers are good.

even after the patch, the only fight i've come close to running oom on was yogg from dotting up all the adds all the time (i was using dp, and when i say close too oom, i ended the fight with probably around 25% mana left)

using dispersion at the right time, and using your fiend when it's off CD will keep you above 50% mana for a full fight.

if you're running oom, you're probably refreshing dots way before they're finished, and not using shadowfiend until you realize you're starting to get low on mana

The problem with VE is that it can, and probably will be, over heal if you're healers are good.
    It's useful on vezax hard mode as between it and JoL the small amounts of raid damage will mostly heal up until the animus shows. Otherwise yeh, VE isn't significant as a raid buff, though it does help make shadow priests good range tanks on mimi.

Actually, buffs that spriests bring to raids:
    Stamina, spirit, shadow resist, replenishment, 3% hit and VE (actually it's better as a self heal, and as Az said up here, it makes SPs good mimiron's head tanks)

EDIT: bad typo

English is not my main language, but I try!

Quote Originally Posted by Intiriel
    Stamina, spirit, shadow resist, replenishment, 3% crit and VE (actually it's better as a self heal, and as Az said up here, it makes SPs good mimiron's head tanks)
    hit not crit and i'd rather have a lock to tank on mimiron, with their extra healing armor buff thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Intiriel
    Stamina, spirit, shadow resist, replenishment, 3% crit and VE (actually it's better as a self heal, and as Az said up here, it makes SPs good mimiron's head tanks)
    3% crit? really? from where?

also, i've never run a 25 man raid that didn't have a priest of some type healing. and giving the stam/spirit buffs.

and VE is not a "raid buff"

as you said, it's more of a self-heal. it only even minutely affects 4 other people out of 24

Quote Originally Posted by Aread
    First things first. Spriest DO have mana issues since the patch changes if you like to admit it or not. And if you dont run out of mana you must have little to no haste. And the only way i could realize that innervate would be a buff is if it was a buff to spirit. But if im correct then it increases mp5
    Plz explain wtf your on about with the bolded.

Currently im at about 400ish haste 23% crit unbuffed, about 700 spirit i think, only fight i have been close to oom is yogg25, apart from that never been oom.

this^^

Atm we currently have no utility in raids, and sub par dps, i consider myself a good spriest and can pull nice dps , but if your in a 25man raid and your pure class arnt ahead of u + dk +feral, which makes up nearly 50% of my raids, then they are slacking or just not that good.

I realy love my spriest and wish i had some constructive ideas about ways to help our dps and give us back some utility but unfortunetly, i dont think it would make a difference, blizz knows excactly whats going on with us , the same as what hapened in tbc, we arnt a highly popular class so they dont give as much attention to us, i think the class disscusion showed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew